Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista clone will not boot. by Gene
Has anyone been able to boot from a cloned Window Vista boot disk? What software did you use to clone the Winwos Vista disk? Acronis True Image version 10 won't produce a bootable Vista clone. it errors with WINLOAD.EXE is missing or corrupt. -- GENE
February 14th 07 04:42 AM
by loaderopp Go to last post
9 259
set security level back to the same as XP possible ???? by m j o
Hi there peoples, I am wondering if it is possible to get the security level in Vista back to the same as in XP,because i am having problems accessing a website that runs a java application with popup java windows,and the pop up windows always stall after a few windows due to security settings in vista. It was worse earlier,until i lowered the security in the internet options,then i was able to...
February 14th 07 02:14 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 246
Vista Enterprise on HP nx9500 by [email protected]
I recently tried to upgrade my HP nx9500 with an upgrade license of Vista Enterprise. I was previously running Windows XP SP2 with all of the latest updates. After getting through the majority of the installation (prior to entering the license info, etc), it restarted and gives me the following error: The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation...
February 14th 07 02:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 257
organizing All Programs by kjk
Hi Folks, Can somebody tell me how to organize the All Programs list the way I want it, instead of the way Bill wants it? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. Ken
February 14th 07 02:00 AM
by kjk Go to last post
3 238
Windows Marketplace Upgrade Options Tool / 64-bit vs 32-bit / Academic versions by [email protected]
I ran the Windows Marketplace Upgrade Options tool to see if I could upgrade 'in place' my XP Pro system to Vista. It very nicely informs me that I can upgrade to Vista Business (but neither of the home versions). That part I understand. However, when I click the link in the tool for the business edition, it brings up a web page for 64-bit Vista Business upgrade. To the best of my knowledge...
February 14th 07 01:39 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 249
twice install by gehan
i plan to upgrade to vista ultimate from xp home. do i need to do this twice installation everybody is talking about? can't i just install it and expect the sytem to switch over; without a clean install, keeping my files and programs.
February 14th 07 12:10 AM
by Fmachado Go to last post
3 262
Wireless / Wired differences ?? by Rene
Hi, when I connect with my Vista Ultimate notebook to my NAS server with the wired 10/100Mb ethernet all is fine, when I do this with the wireless connection (intel 3945 chipset) I get no acces to the NAS server or other local web-based servers Everything is handled with the same wireless router with DHCP configured for both connections. Connecting to the internet is fine.
February 13th 07 09:54 PM
by Rene Go to last post
2 238
Its shuts down a minute before finishing the upgrade!! by Mr. Polo
my laptop is compatible with Vista with no device issues.. i'm trying to upgrade my XP Home to Vista.. everything is all before it reaches "Completing Upgrade..." where my system shuts down!! 3 times .. same issue!! any suggestions?
February 13th 07 08:44 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
3 328
I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate by Scotxy
I have used 11/16 and 11/29 ISO's from msdn and unable to install. Each time I install it fails bsod 0x00000007 each time. on 3 pc's I have downlowad it 4 x each wrote it on 3 different pc's and slowest speed and media's and each system will take Vista Pro but not Vista Ultamate of msdn. Can anyone help or advise on this.
February 13th 07 08:41 PM
by Scotxy Go to last post
7 238
Fail Install - Boot issues now by Mr. Weatherbee
Failed to install windows vista through an XP upgrade. System wouldn't boot to either vista or XP. Kept restarting over and over. I piggy backed my drive to another computer and deleted the damn vista boot folders in the C:\ drive. This allowed the "windows boot manager" to appear. Now I can selected "Load Earlier version of windows". This allows me to load my XP now! XP works now! ...
February 13th 07 08:22 PM
by the.one Go to last post
3 221
Relocate user folders by Rob
I have two partitions on my disk. C and D. Standard install of Vista is on the C disk, but I would like to have my user folders on the D disk. I have now doen it by selecting each individual folder (pictures, music etc) and relocating them to the D disk. Is there any way of doing this in one go? Maybe using some utility
February 13th 07 07:56 PM
by Rob Go to last post
3 215
will be a windows vista ultima edition by gcds
will be a windows vista ultima edition for power pc processors PPC?
February 13th 07 07:53 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 248
XP/Vista dual boot XP won't start from Vista boot manager by [email protected]
Partitioned HDD originally with XP + Linux now XP + Vista + Linux (installed in that order) all three OS now work happily if booted separately with GRUB boot loader. Selecting Vista from GRUB (behaviour was same before adding Linux / GRUB) the Vista Boot Manager presents Vista and XP options but if I select XP option I am recycled back to the same Boot Manager option screen. It is as if the...
February 13th 07 06:42 PM
by PhilT Go to last post
7 219
Vista Ultimate activates but fails to validate by David
Hello, I have installed Vista Ultimate and activated the software. Everything worked like a charm. However when I try to download files from download.microsoft.com I cannot validate the software. I have tried both versions of the validation process. What can I do to make this work? I have tried the suggestion of reactivating the software but this doesn’t help. Welcome Center states...
February 13th 07 06:41 PM
by David Go to last post
2 270
Another sysprep problem -- Windows Update? by Steve Maser
So -- I'm 99% of the way there with my unattend.xml file But then I realize that the following happens... Prior to running sysprep, I go into Windows Update and click the "Get updates for more products" box. This installs stuff beyond the windows update. But then I run sysprep and restart the computer (which I now have set
February 13th 07 06:17 PM
by Trammel Go to last post
1 228
x64 Vista Ultimate Upgrade to x86 Vista Ultimate by Strickn
I recently went to the WindowsMarketPlace.com web site and downloaded the Vista Ultimate Upgrade 64-bit Edition via the Digital Locker. I was currently running Windows XP Pro 64-bit Edition and ran the Upgrade package. When Vista booted up however, I was left with the 32-bit version of Vista Ultimate instead of the x64 edition. I tried doing a clean-install of XP Pro 64-bit and upgrading...
February 13th 07 05:10 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 242
What files keep & what files delete after upgrade ? by 246872 Jim McCree
Any suggestion on what files are safe to delete after doing a "upgrade install" from XP ? To help free up HD Space as well...... Such as there is a "$WINDOWS.~Q", "$INPLACE.~TR" as just a few to mention...... Jim
February 13th 07 04:51 PM
by 246872 Jim McCree Go to last post
1 225
Deployment Help by Rich M
Hello, I have some questions about imaging in Windows Vista. First off, I have a volume license copy of Windows Vista Business Edition Upgrade, so my DVD is not bootable. Next I have used Windows SIM a little bit to become familiar with creating an XML answer file. Here are my questions:
February 13th 07 02:45 PM
by Rich M Go to last post
0 230
OEM Install Question by Alfred Kaufmann
I am in the process of installing OEM Home Premium. The install gets down to the "completing installation" does a few things reboots does a few more thing then the screen turn black and the only activity is a flashing hard drive led about once every second. How long should I wait before hitting the reset button? Maybe it is formatting a partition, at least with Windows XP OEM I was never left...
February 13th 07 02:36 PM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
8 232
File transfer by sirmagnus
I backed up My Docs and all Outlook files on an external HD, thinking it would be easy to restore those after installing Vista Home Prwemium. When I try to import my old Outlook files from the HD to Outlook 2007 on my computer, I am denied access to the old files--I don't have permission, I am told. And I cannot figure out how to copy My Docs from the HD to my computer. Is there no...
February 13th 07 02:29 PM
by Flagreen Go to last post

From The