Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Enterprise and Business by Daniel A. Seara
Hi. As Gold Partners we have Vista Enterprise edition available as download. SOme of our members installed it... but the activation process fails since we are not allowed to use it. How we can change the installation by Business without lose all the other stuff our members have in their computers. Any help will be appreciated. TIA Dani
February 12th 07 04:44 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
1 220
Where is the SMTP?.... by Eric
OS: Vista Ultimate RC1 Where is the SMTP feature? I don't see this in the list of features to turn on. I see the FTP, SNMP, MSMQ, but no SMTP. Do I have to install this from MS site. I already have IIS installed. Is it included with the install of IIS and if so where is it? -- Eric Miller
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 07 04:43 PM
by AJR Go to last post
10 434
cant install adobe reader8 for Vista by b bop
Everytime i try to install Adobe reader 8,the program starts and runs and then there is a message entitled "windows installer" ,the message says "the temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible.Free up space on the drive or verify that you have permission on the temp folder" First of all,c:\ is 50 gigs,and the temp folder in windows was cleared,and the above message still...
February 12th 07 04:10 PM
by tmarr04 Go to last post
4 351
Can I change Vista Ultimate Full in Portuguese to English? by Edric
Hi I have only Vista Ultimate Full x64 in Brazilian Portuguese available in retail stores in Brazil, but I need its interface to be in English. Unfortunately I cannot find the English Language Pack in Vista Update. Does that mean that Ultimate has already applied the Portuguese LP and I can get it back to English???? Tks
February 12th 07 04:09 PM
by Edric Go to last post
0 238
Vista Update Partitioning/Formatting by Michael
Talked to a Microsoft Rep For those of you who want a True Clean install here is what i got. 1. Boot from Vista DVD 2.Click repair 3.Command Promt 4.typediskpart 5.typelist disk 6.For on disk one partitionselect disk 0 7.typecleanall 8.typeexit
February 12th 07 03:52 PM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
2 255
HOW to REMOVE XP after VISTA INSTALLATION? by jeongwoo.park.
"tlyoungb" wrote: That is a very good question. I would also like to know it there is a way to do that also. "ilushkin" wrote: Once Vista is installed as the fresh copy, the old XP is normally zipped or something into a special folder. That folder takes some space I would like to use. How can I uninstall that old version of XP? I cant just delete that
February 12th 07 03:47 PM
by jeongwoo.park. Go to last post
0 227
How about a way to Format/re-partition with upgrade version??? by Michael
I find it shortsighted that you cannot reformat/partition your hard drive and get a TRUE clean install. I want my harddrive wiped!!!! No programs, no viruses. Is there a workaround for this without having to go through the laborious task of reinstalling WindowsXP clean and then upgrading?????
February 12th 07 03:00 PM
by Fedwayguy Go to last post
2 239
Nvidia - Vista Quality Assurance by BobS
This may be helpful to some http://www.nvidia.com/object/vistaqualityassurance.html Bob S.
February 12th 07 02:37 PM
by Bob Eyster Go to last post
4 253
how to hook up tv tuner by highcaliber
I have a new gateway Ultimate vista cox cable for IP provider. How is cable run to pc and modem so tv tuner will work.???? help
February 12th 07 01:33 PM
by KYHighlander Go to last post
2 227
[simply accounting 2005] not able to restore backup file into vist by davey
I bought vista premium home and and I reinstalled simply accounting 2005. I opened .sdb file and I made a backup file but when I tried to restore my simply accounting backup file, I was not able to restore. I was wondering that simply accounting 2005 is compatible with window vista. If yes, can you tell me what is wrong with me ? thank you!
February 12th 07 11:35 AM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post
1 229
Vista, Acronis and corrupted files by Genus Neduba
Hi, just an advice if you created the system partition for vista with Acronis DiskDirector 10 - do not. Use WindowsXP to do so. Otherwise (that's what happend to me on two computers now) windows vista will encouter lots of corrupted files and finally destroy itself. I don't know why, but this his what happend on two different systems now. (Windows Vista Business MSDNA-AA)
February 12th 07 11:08 AM
by Genus Neduba Go to last post
8 240
DOS in Vista? by kjk
Hi Folks, Does anybody know if Vista will run old DOS programs, the way XP does? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. Ken
February 12th 07 08:56 AM
by Micke Andersson Go to last post
3 247
vista to xp to vista by carol c
i have a new computer with vista installed - can i install a new copy of xp and then at a later date go back to the orginal vista? i want use my old scanner and printer that vista doesn't support.
February 12th 07 03:18 AM
by loaderopp Go to last post
5 315
found a solution for the jittery video by Robert Bullock
I bought Vista over a week ago and quite by accident found a solution for the jittery video. When I first start Vista the bottom half of the screen maps the right half to the left side and the left side to the right side with a black line in the center, but for just a milisecond at a time. Problem is it is doing it continuously, normaly when I move the mouse, but also when I open new...
February 12th 07 02:43 AM
by KYHighlander Go to last post
4 218
switching from 64bit to 32bit now then back to 64bit later by P Renton
I just upgraded from XP Pro 32 bit to Vista 64bit Ultimate (Upgrade version). Unfortunately, several of my mission critical programs (Adobe Production Studio) will not run on the 64bit OS. My Vista Ultimate upgrade comes with two versions 32 and 64 bit. My question: can I "reinstall" or switch to the 32bit version now to run my programs and then later when the programs become compatible...
February 12th 07 02:17 AM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
4 225
Reinstalling after Key Activation by TheBrodieMan
I recently purchased a Full Version copy of Vista Ultimate, and installed it onto my computer as a fresh install. However, no more than a day into the instal, after activation of course, my hard drive died, and i needed to reinstall onto one of my secondaries. Now I receive posts on activation that my key is invalid and i need to purchase a new one. I spent the 400 already to get this,...
February 12th 07 01:53 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
2 219
DUAL BOOT WINDOWS VISTA 32 AND 64 BIT SYSTEMS by Gene
IF YOU BOUGHT THE ULTIMATE VERSION OF VISTA ARE YOU AUTHORIZED TO DUAL BOOT THEM ON THE SAME SYSTEM? WILL IT WORK IF YOU HAVE A 64 BIT PROCESSOR? -- GENE
February 12th 07 12:48 AM
by Nelson51740 Go to last post
2 247
Unsuccessful Vista installation... by SonicTH
I've been surfing this forum and been looking over the various technical issues and I'm ready for a direct answer for my situation. I just bought Windows Vista Home Premium and am upgrading from XP Home SP2. The installation completes up to 54% of the way through "Completing the Upgrade". At that point, it restarts (for the 4th time during the installation process). When it does restart, I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 07 12:46 AM
by Rob Go to last post
11 363
LOOP BOOT? Here's what worked for me... by earlyadopter
Try unplugging all of your USB devices. Yes, that means the extra backup drive in the front of your PC that connects through USB as well, if you have one. Then...it works. Amazing...
February 11th 07 10:47 PM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
1 233
Windows Vista Ulitmate upgrade FAILED by candrews4tdi
I ran into two unexpected situations trying to upgrade my Windows XP desktop to Vista Ultimate. First off, I ran the Vista Upgrade Advisor several times over the course of a week to make sure I knew what I needed. The hardware checked out fine: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 2.20 Ghz processor, 1.00 GB of RAM, 250 GB primary drive NTFS, 200 GB slave drive NTFS, NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE - 256...
February 11th 07 10:09 PM
by candrews4tdi Go to last post

From The