Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
No "Vista" Themes found on my PC by Barkingdog
Just installed Vista Ultimate last night. Took all the defaults. When I go to "Personalization" "Themes" "Theme" I see only this in the dropdown My Current themes Windows Vista Windows Classic Browse... "Browse" found nothing so I did a serach of drive C for "*.theme" and found no hits. I'm sure MS provided some starter themes (?). Please help.
June 10th 07 08:58 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 107
No Desktop Themes in my Vista Ultimate by Barkingdog
Just installed Vista (32-bit) last night on my PC. When I went to change the Desktop Theme ("Personalize" "Theme" Theme) I found these themes: My Current Theme Windows VIsta Windows Classic Browse.... Browsing found no "*.theme" files. I'd bet the MS provided some "starter" Themes. Please advise.
June 10th 07 07:12 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 123
deleting a modem connection by BarMan
I've got a problem on my laptop: I've got a wireless connection set up, but I wanted to set up an extra modem connection. Now hwenever I start the browser or anything else, I get the modem connection poping up. I can't find a way to delete the connection. Is there a solution?
September 3rd 07 07:32 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 107
Installation error by BarnabyJones
Hi, i have the dvd version of vista ultimate and i already have vista home premium installed on my computer. Whenever i get to the product key step on the ultimate vista installation and put in my product key i receive this error "Installation has encountered an error and needs to be restarted". Ive restarted my computer and the installation many times but it comes up with the same error, ive...
January 31st 07 05:25 AM
by BarnabyJones Go to last post
0 133
Vista Catch 22 by Barnacle
Passing through a department store in Geneva I saw an Acer Aspire L100 small desktop PC discounted to circa 50% normal price. Because I needed another PC on impulse I bought it. At home in Berne I started it and, of course, the OEM Vista Home Premium OS was in French - okay, I thought, I could live with that although my French was pretty terrible. Then I saw that included in the CDs was an Acer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 08 02:05 PM
by Barnacle[_6_] Go to last post
10 543
Stop Whining ! Roll it back to Windows XP by barnegatdx
Dell is still offering Windows XP PC's ! http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/winxp_inspndt?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/
June 11th 08 06:14 PM
by barnegatdx Go to last post
0 229
Restoring file types and associations by Barney Katz
The Vista installation program hijacked many file type and protocol associations and replaced them with Microsoft programs. I've managed to change most of them back to the programs I prefer by using Control Panel Default Programs Associate a File Type or Protocol with a Program but a few remain because I can't determine how to make the switch. For example, the default choice for...
February 9th 07 10:32 PM
by Barney Katz Go to last post
0 158
vista beta 2 cant boot by barneyrubbel69
"Nathan Doak" wrote: I have 1 gigabyte of memory. I talked with Toshiba tech support and they pointed me to the correct BIOS for my laptop. It was one of the custom build options so it didn't fit nicely in their model naming scheme but they were able to locate a compatible model with the same BIOS. Colin Barnhorst wrote: How much memory do you have? Have you checked with...
September 24th 06 05:31 AM
by barneyrubbel69 Go to last post
0 114
New Motherboard + Vista = No Go! by Baron
Background: I was running an Asus K8V SE Deluxe MB with Vista and a partly 512 megs of RAM. I bought another 512 stick as soon as I saw a good price and when I installed it, the MB freaked out and decided not to work. I found a good number of people that had the same problem, the MB stopped working after new RAM, etc, but they were all new and could RMA them. Mine is 3 years old, so I...
April 4th 07 02:56 PM
by Baron Go to last post
0 144
Burning RC1 in XP with Nero 7 by Baron von Helton
Ok.....First, I was upset......Then I got angry......Now, I want to kill something! Every time I try to burn this verdammit ISO file, all I get on my DVD is a text file that says this: ******************** This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification. ********************
September 12th 06 10:05 PM
by tomhyde2 Go to last post
7 168
missing Drivers during install VISTA by Barracuda
I've bought a new pc, with two unpartitioned Seagate Barracuda's 500 GB ST3500630AS (and an ASUS p5b de luxe WIFI mobo) and a brand new Vista business Edition. When I'm done creating partitions, and I want to format them, I get the error/notification: 'This device does not have the proper drivers installed, please install them', but I can't find the right drivers anywhere!!! They're not on...
July 20th 07 02:21 PM
by peter Go to last post
2 175
Install Reboots, Then Nothing. Now Nothing Else Will Install Eith by Barrett Powell
System: nVidia Chip 64 bit AMD Mobo w/ SLI Single nVid PCI Graphics AMD Athlon 64 4 GB RAM WD 75 GB HD All bios settings to default with exception of boot order (Floppy, DVD, HD, in that order), and disabling SATA. System was running XP 64. Installed Vista off ISO DVD. Install completes
November 25th 06 12:07 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 155
Reinstall Vista in new computer by Barrie
I have just built a new system with a new hard drive and want to install Vista from my own DVD (The previous computer has been taken apart and I will evtually incorporate its drives in my new one). If I put in my key it says I must install on top of the previous install or some such message. If I elect not to put in the licence key it will install but I suspect it is going to want me to...
May 31st 07 11:00 PM
by Barrie Go to last post
3 207
Cannot navigate the Activation jungle by Barrie
I am using Vista Home Premium and it is a reinstall on a new machine. I was pretty sure that I had activated it but, now, I see a message in the Control panel that the activation must be done within 13 days. The online activation does not work and, when I try the phone activation, entering the ID number first, it says that this option has expired. I seem to have run into a road block and...
June 18th 07 03:26 PM
by Barrie Go to last post
2 119
No indexing options by Barrie
I have had to reinstall Vista Home Premium and all my programs, including Office 2007. Now, if find that the Search function works in Computer but not in Outlook. In Control Panel | System and Maintenance | Indexing Options, it says that indexing is not running. There is nothing in the box and the buttons below are greyed out, so that I cannot get to the Advanced options. Where do I go...
March 30th 08 04:16 PM
by Barrie Go to last post
0 131
My Acre TravelMate 2300 is Not a Mobile PC ????? by Barry
The Mobility Center will not run because Vista is telling me my laptop top is not a lpatop.... how do i fix the problem????
November 1st 06 08:50 PM
by Cheddarhead Go to last post
2 137
ACER TravelMate 2300 is Not a Mobile PC ????? by Barry
The Mobility Center will not run because Vista is telling me my laptop top is not a lpatop.... how do i fix the problem???? (same question as B4 correct name)
November 2nd 06 01:50 PM
by Barry Go to last post
0 123
Winndows installer by Barry
After installing Windows home premium, I still have a few issues over that I then installed Firefox, as I like to use this browser sometimes for specific reasons. It appeared to install okay and then something went wrong, I can't remember what it was so that I proceeded to uninstall it. Ever since then every time I try and install something I get the message telling me that the previous...
February 22nd 07 12:37 PM
by Barry Go to last post
0 190
Are These Statements True? by Barry
Dear Group: I read the following in David Pogue's new book, "Windows Vista the Misising Manual" that disturbs m and I want to know if it is true. I underlined the areas I am questioning. I ws told that prigrams such as Aconis Disk Director and Norton Partition Magic would overcome these problems.Thanks Barry Page #622 and #623 How Dynamic Disks Work - Dynamic disks are a specialty of...
January 29th 07 09:59 PM
by Bill Condie Go to last post
1 390
Using activation codes from a different copy by Barry
I bought a German copy of Vista Home Premium but would love to have Vista in English. I have read the former threads and understand that I cannot change or even use language files or patches to change this unless you have Business or Ultimate. I wondered if I can use an English installation disk, reinstall Home Premium from scratch but use the Activation code on the German edition if this...
May 7th 07 03:18 AM
by xiowan Go to last post

From The