Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Black Screen by Jarhead
I've reformatted and installed Vista x64 over 4 times now and it's becoming rather frustrating. Every time i install the new OS, it runs fine and my drivers update without problems, but then after some time and a few reboots later, vista refuses to boot up past a black screen with just the cursor showing. This has happened 3 times and once vista crashed leaving me with a message about a...
February 14th 07 01:25 PM
by BobS Go to last post
1 271
Black screen after boot, before logon by pr0kDude
Hi, I installed a clean fresh copy of Vista Ultimate 64-bit along with a complete upgrade of my computer. After I install the latest Catalyst 8.11 drivers, I get a black screen after I boot up. The green loading bar still shows up, but when the Windows Pearl and sound comes on the screen goes black just before that. The monitor does not come on and nothing on the computer seems to work. I...
December 14th 08 02:53 AM
by pr0kDude Go to last post
2 198
Black Screen after initial Boot Install by Sycosys
System Specs: Amd X2 4800 2 GB mem Asus N4 SLI mobo Nvidia geforce 7900 gt Sound Blaster X-fi OK so the install works up through copying and unpacking the files, when the system reboots selects into Vista i get a black screen. I used the DVD to boot into the install and added all appropriate new drivers from Nvida to the
September 19th 06 07:12 PM
by jstyles Go to last post
2 153
Black Screen after reboot by Golden_Knight
I went through the first part of all the installation (of Ultimate) on a clean partition. It goes through the reboot, shows the green windows loading bars, then goes to a black screen. I restarted and was able to boot it in safe mode. I still had a black screen, but it did say "safe mode" around the edges and told me that it couldn't finish the install in safe mode. I'm running on an Asus...
March 14th 07 03:35 AM
by Golden_Knight Go to last post
0 113
black screen after windows logo with movable cursor by carm077
Hi everyone. My computer is encountering a black screen with a movable cursor after the windows logo on start up and I have no idea what is causing this. When I start from safe mode (safe mode, safe mode with cmd prompt) it does the same thing. One thing that I've noticed is that when I run it in safe mode it stops at crcdisk and continues on to the black screen. I have no idea what could be...
February 19th 10 12:40 PM
by carm077 Go to last post
0 223
black screen after windows logo with movable cursor by carm077
Hi everyone. My computer is encountering a black screen with a movable cursor after the windows logo on start up and I have no idea what is causing this. When I start from safe mode (safe mode, safe mode with cmd prompt) it does the same thing. One thing that I've noticed is that when I run it in safe mode it stops at crcdisk and continues on to the black screen. I have no idea what could be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 10 09:57 PM
by carm077 Go to last post
10 574
black screen after windows vista install by robert A.
I found a similar thread dealing with XP and I wanted to see if the solution is similar. After installing Vista and it go to start for the first time it goes throught the (POST) and then nothing it goes to a black screen and a larger size cursor. So my question is this is my plan. I am able to revert back to my original OS XP PRO, so would it be possible to fix the problem, a possible...
February 6th 07 03:29 PM
by robert A. Go to last post
0 158
Black Screen During Vista Install by Goldgrae
I'm attempting to set up a dual-boot with Ubuntu and Vista. I'm trying to install Vista on a 40gb partition of my harddrive, and I've made sure to remove the boot flag from the other partition during install. It makes it through the initial restart, and at "Completing Installation . . .." is seems to try and restart, but instead hangs on a black screen. All that is visible is a mouse...
October 30th 07 10:35 PM
by Goldgrae Go to last post
2 120
Black screen of boredom :\ by free2paul
Hi Im new here, i got this problem when i restrt the pc or shut it down it loads up and gets stuck on the black screen just after the loading bar loading bar,just before the welcome screen.it happens randomly when i restart or turn on my pc.have been waiting for a long time between (10min-2hours),but it won`t go on further.. when i restart again and load vista by last known good configuration...
April 24th 09 08:20 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
6 379
Black Screen of Death During Vista Build 6000 Installation by Sam
On a Dell 700M Laptop 2.1Ghz Pentium, 2 Gb RAM, 30 Gb available disk space, Intel Graphics chipset, I got the black screen of death after all the basic files were copied. This was an upgrade type installation. I tried twice, once for an Ultimate upgrade, the other for a Business upgrade. I left the machine on overnight for the Vitsa Ultimate install but nothing happened after the black...
December 8th 06 01:51 PM
by Bill Mers Go to last post
5 271
black screen of death during Vista RC1 (build 5600) installation by dash69
I tried to install Vista RC1 (build 5600) on a toshiba lap top with core duo t2050 processor, 1 gb ram, and integrated Intel GMA 950 display adapter. During the several attemps including installation from inside XP or booting from the installation DVD, I encountered the same problem. The installation appeared to be working fine, went though copy, expanding, feature installation, updates, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 16th 06 05:53 AM
by BenzTech55AMG Go to last post
28 752
Black Screen on Boot with RC1 by encee
Hi, I have just booted my PC this morning to be greeted by a black screen (apart from the Vista RC1 5600 version number and my mouse pointer). I have to this point been using RC1 with no problems for a couple of weeks. Booting into safe mode results in the same screen. What are my options to recover this installation? Unfortunately, I have found out that System restore was disabled after...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 6th 06 03:37 PM
by Jan Il Go to last post
10 299
Black Screen on first restart after installation/setup by VistaBlackScreen
hello folks i have a winbook powerspec MCE 410, Asus P4M-915G/PDI mobo, brand new WD 320g SATA drive, Radeon X300LS video card with latest drivers installed, everything else except usb ports for mouse/keyboard unplugged. Have installed and reinstalled several times w/black screen problems, using a Acer AL 1716 monitor b/c my Winbook 30" LCD won't display for whatever reason. I have been...
May 17th 07 09:13 PM
by VistaBlackScreen Go to last post
0 146
Black screen on install by SideShow
I'm having a problem with installing vista. I get to the point where it says press a key to install, so I do. Then it comes up like it is loading the OS for about 6 seconds then I get a back screen followed by nothing. I got a new video card thinking that was the issue but it does the same thing.
December 9th 07 10:11 AM
by SideShow Go to last post
2 149
Black screen when installed Vista RC1 by Lapin
Hello, I have downloaded Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 and i have a problem.First of all i have a 250Gb HD and with it i made 2 partitions,the 1st with 160Gb and the 2nd with 70Gb.In the 160Gb.I have Windows XP SP2 in the 1st partition and in the 2nd with 70Gb i installed the Windows Vista RC1.I did everything perfect,and in the 3/4 of the installation the screen becomes black and nothing...
October 4th 06 03:14 AM
by wineward Go to last post
1 126
Black Screen with blinking cursor....After Crack by esudip
Dear friendz, I just brough Dell N5010 (Inspiron 15R) Laptop with DOS and now I am trying to install Vista 32 -bit on it........The installation has completed successfully but whenever I am going to crack (Activation crack-Vistaloader 3.0) the windows it restarts the windows and it stucks at Black screen with blinking cursor........How do I install Vista ???
August 11th 10 09:35 AM
by esudip Go to last post
0 1,690
black screen with blinking underscore by davidjames
Hello, my sony vaio laptop shows vaio on startup then stops on a black screen with a blinking underscore.i think this is because before i shutdown last time i partitioned the drive into two parts and renamed the second part d: the disk drive was named f. the main partition remained as c: and another one was named x for some reason. the trouble i'm having is restoring the partitions and...
September 2nd 10 09:29 PM
by davidjames Go to last post
0 481
Black screen with cursor during reformt vista/ none stop restart during bootup by sourstripe
Wasnt sure where to put this. Recently i have been having some problems with my computer. I have a Gateway GM5664. When i tried to boot up the computer after being shut down overnight it would keep restarting over and over when it reached the microsoft trademark screen with the loading bar. I decided to try and reinstall the OS so i put in my gateway cd. After it did the loading files thing a...
July 17th 09 02:02 AM
by sourstripe Go to last post
2 149
Black Screen? by benduker
One day while using my Vista Ultimate os, a BSOD popped up, and after it dumped my memory and restarted, I found the OS would not boot, I continually got the error "No Operating System Found", so I inserted the Vista Dvd, and used the repair function, which made that error message go away, and Vista booted and got past the Vista logo screen, but after that, the screen goes black except for...
February 22nd 07 11:49 AM
by Rick Ransier Go to last post
4 223
Black scrn after Start from Shut down Mode by barc30
After Start from Shut down mode, I get a black scrn with white computer jargon. At the bottom of the scrn is F1 to retry boot, F2 for Setup Utility. Pressing F1 gets me to the Vista Welcome scrn and everything seems OK. Restart from Sleep mode is OK. How do I avoid this black scrn from Start? What did I do wrong to get into this situation? -- barc30
December 8th 08 07:27 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post

From The