Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Upgrade Problems by Wyatt
I dl the program, burned it to a dvd, and started the installation. Everything goes fine for a while untill it gets to finishing the upgrade and then it reboots and says installation was not complete restoring previous version of windows. I have checked and i can run vista and i have burned 3 dvds with 3 different burners. Please help, it gives me no reason for the incomplete installation.
October 1st 06 06:44 AM
by Wyatt Go to last post
3 171
Vista Installation Hang: Possible Solution (worked for me) by Young Coot
Hello - Having had the same issue with Vista RC1 that a lot of other people seem to be having, that is the installation hanging at either a blank screen or at the blue/green background, I can report some success here that I'd like to share. I originally had the DVD-ROM drive on the slave channel of IDE 0. Changing it to the master of IDE 1, changing nothing else, got a normal...
October 1st 06 06:47 AM
by Thomas Go to last post
1 144
program installations by michael ocansey
i have installed windows vista rc1 and the problem i get is i cant install some of my old programs and its becoming a problem because i need some of my old programs. i hope someone can help me soon thanks
October 1st 06 08:53 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 152
battlefield 2 problem on vista64 by Nerkixxx
When i press setup.exe it shows up: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/308/untitledjq2.jpg I tried compatibility methods, but nothing... Any suggestions?
October 1st 06 10:10 AM
by b Go to last post
1 164
Nvidia 7950 GX2, Asus P5W DH Deluxe by 350
I have tried to instal Vista on my new computer. Asus P5W Dh Deluxe, Intel Core Duo, 4 GB Corsair DDR2 RAM, Gainward 7950 GX2. Unfortunately, I get to Vista installing files, to a dark Vista installation page, then the system reverts to booting Win XP Pro. From the research I have carried out, the problem seems to be with buggy drivers for the Nvidia 7950 Gx2 in Vista RC1. Please could...
October 1st 06 10:12 AM
by b Go to last post
1 150
oeminfo.ini inside windows Vista ? by James
Hello people, in windows XP OEM can create this - http://pietschsoft.com/Blog/Images/WinXPSysPropCustomManufacturer.jpg with a simply oeminfo.ini how was put inside \system32 there are a same thing inside Vista ?
October 1st 06 11:03 AM
by James Go to last post
0 155
AVG and 5728 by jel183\(UK\)
Just done a clean install of 5728 and now AVG Anti Virus will not install. Worked fine with 5600. Error message says that Windows has blocked the access to drivers... Anyone got any ideas? -- jel183(UK) Please Reply To Newsgroup Only
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 1st 06 11:25 AM
by jel183\(UK\) Go to last post
11 259
Repair installation of RC1 fails by Juergen Heckel
Hi, I have installed build 5600 on my SCSI drive (AHA 2940U/UW) with a driver disk without problems. Now I wanted to clone this installation to a second SCSI drive in the same PC (with Acronis True Image and Symantec Live State Recovery) but the cloned system does not boot (winloader.exe not found). So I tried the repair function by booting from the installation DVD. But now these SCSI...
October 1st 06 01:07 PM
by Juergen Heckel Go to last post
0 156
can't get further than the product screen window ?? by martyn1974
hi, can anyone help ? when installing rc1 enter the product key & the egg timer kicks in but nothing happens from there.... left pc running for over an hour & still nothing ?? antivirus etc all off although 100% cpu usage shows up on the tool bar & task manager says install is running. don't real want to uninstall anything as i'm installing vista on a partition. cheers martyn
October 1st 06 01:14 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 223
Installation onto logical partition by John Kloosterman
Vista RC1 will not install onto a logical partition. I have made su 1. The partition is marked active. 2. The partition is large enough. 3. The partition is made and formatted with the installer. Installation chokes with a "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation" error. Can installation of Vista be performed onto a logical partition? (if...
October 1st 06 01:50 PM
by dhble Go to last post
5 337
Dual boot xp prof / vista RC1 installation by dhble
Do I need to 1. Make both the primary parttion active. 2. Will xp and vista boot fine a) If botht the parttion active. b) If Only 1 partition is active and XP is installed there. Thanks, RSK
October 1st 06 02:58 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
1 173
RC1 install hangs at "Completing upgrade..." by Eric
I've been sitting here for quite a while. It's not completely hung - that is the ... next to Completing upgrade keeps moving from . to .. to ... and back, and i'm getting faint blips on the hard disk light, but it doesn't seem to be progressing. If I try to close the install with the X in the upper right, I get a message that "Setup cannot be canceled at this point. Doing so could leave your...
October 1st 06 04:39 PM
by Eric Reynolds Go to last post
5 198
Error message 0x8007045D during installation by Lasancmt
I built a brand new system based on the ASUS P5WD2 Premium motherboard, Pentium 4 630+ processor and a Raid5 disk configuration (600 GB) The installation started smoothly, but about 10-20 minutes into the process I get an error message 0x8007045D. Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart. The build is Ver:8.1.1.1001...
October 1st 06 06:21 PM
by Lasancmt Go to last post
1 151
Vista RC1 ver 5600 not ver 5728 by Gazzaaa
Hi, when going to the down load screen the file's (be 32 bit or 64 bit) are version 5600. I have downloaded both and the files are named vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_?????? for the 64bit and 32 bit. I have seen many people mentioning that they have ver 5728. Where and how can I get these, as I would like to install the latest versions. Thanks, Gary.
October 1st 06 07:11 PM
by Gazzaaa Go to last post
2 149
windows vista by gb apanda
I would like to know how i can uninstal windows vista and return to windows xp pro. Thanks.
October 1st 06 08:02 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 163
Build 5728 problems by Larry Schuldt
I run an nforce4 SLI motherboard with 2 pairs of drives in RAID1. Beta 2 installed and ran fine. RC1 build 5600 would not even attempt to install because it couldn't find the drives. Build 5728 installs and runs once. It then tries to install some "drivers from preconfigured folders" (which fails), then a couple updates, then attempts to shut down, which hangs indefinitely. When I force a...
October 1st 06 08:41 PM
by Aymincendiary Go to last post
8 153
Vista version guidance by lfessler
My current OS is XP Pro SP2, and I'm very interested in trying Vista RC1. Unfortunatley their are (as I understand it 4 versions) different levels of the program that you can get from the "Ultimate" to the basic "Home Verson". At this stage of my life I'm of the opinion that the basic version would be fine for me to try, but want to be sure it has strong security features. I'm currently...
October 1st 06 08:58 PM
by SAM-R Go to last post
4 165
Vista RC1 install over beta2 multiboot with XP pro - oops, big pro by Richard Wood
(very) brief summary:- XP Pro system (development system), installed Vista beta 2 using multiboot. Worked perfectly, very nice, played around, reported a couple of bugs. Installed RC1 over the top of Beta2. RC1 copied all of Beta2 files into "Windows-Old" directory. Unfortunately it also copied ALL the boot files required for multiboot, so that stopped working.
October 1st 06 08:59 PM
by Richard Wood Go to last post
0 154
Vista RC1 install over beta2 multiboot with XP pro - oops, big pro by Richard Wood
(very) brief summary:- XP Pro system (development system), installed Vista beta 2 using multiboot. Worked perfectly, very nice, played around, reported a couple of bugs. Installed RC1 over the top of Beta2. RC1 copied all of Beta2 files into "Windows-Old" directory. Unfortunately it also copied ALL the boot files required for multiboot, so that stopped working.
October 1st 06 09:00 PM
by Richard Wood Go to last post
0 137
getting 5728 on disk? by J6
I have downloaded 5728 (twice) but it seems to have been corrupted each time. The MD5 on the iso file does NOT match the string on the 5728 download page. The size of the iso file is 2,749,628,416 bytes. Does that number of bytes seem correct? Its a 9 hour down load for me. I have 5600 installed and its working flawlessly. I want to upgrade to 5728. Is there any possible chance of having...
October 1st 06 09:07 PM
by J6 Go to last post

From The