Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Bill Gates and Father on Gates Growin' Up Charley Rose 12:30PM Eastern 4/29 by Chad Harris[_8_]
Bill Gates and Father on Gates Growin' Up Charley Rose 12:30PM Eastern
April 30th 09 02:33 PM
by measekite Da Monkey[_5_] Go to last post
3 272
Need help with windows live messenger by Grbnike
Help remove live messenger on Vista . i tried everything i uninstalled it i deleted all the folders and then when i try to download it says windows live is alrdy installed on your computer... any help? (please note i am trying to install it again since i search every where and cant find a application anymore or anyway to start it so when i go to download it says alrdy installed !!! any help?) i...
April 30th 09 05:47 AM
by James Matthews Go to last post
1 250
Can't Reinstall by antennastoheave
When I try to reinstall Vista, I get an error saying "This computer does not have enough space for temporary files." Windows needs at least 405 megabytes (MB) of space on any partition for temporary files. To install Vista, free enough space and start the installation again." I have 174 gb free on my C:\ Drive. -- antennastoheave
April 30th 09 05:38 AM
by James Matthews Go to last post
4 306
Administrator by Josh00000
I just got a new computer, set it up, made users, put one of them as an administrator account. But after that it said there was no administrator account. So now i can't access most of my things or download anything because it says that i need to acces my administrator account
April 29th 09 09:39 PM
by Josh00000 Go to last post
0 259
Aquarium screensaver oon Vista? by ritzput
i loved my Aquarium theme on XP...Vista has basics...nothing interesting. Any possiblity of non-spyware to download aquarium...is freeze.com or screensaver.com really unsafe? Any way to copy and paste this theme from XP to Vista....nah..that would be to easy!!!!
April 29th 09 10:57 AM
by Gee Bee Go to last post
9 331
Riconoscimento DVD di Vista SP1 by Mazzaroc
HI Since Microsoft has not given the opportunity for users to create their own copy of Vista with SP1 integrated, there are many DVD of Vista SP1 with different structure of the DVD. So, let me know what is the structure of the DVD of Vista SP1 distributed by TechNet Plus service in order to avoid fraud. THANKS
April 28th 09 04:38 PM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
1 316
TOP: C0000218 {Registry File Failure): how to fix it in Vista Ulti by ketzazu
Final release Vista Ultimate took a long time calculating remaining time to copy a file. when I rebooted, I got the blue screen with this message: TOP: c0000218 (registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the hive (file): SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent, or not writable. How do I recover the registry from a possible automatic system...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 28th 09 12:49 PM
by Fatfinger[_2_] Go to last post
82 2,697
Re-install Vista... by GIA08
I would like to re-install Windows Vista home Premium on my computer, but I do not have the disk. My computer came factory installed. How can this be done and without purchasing new software?
April 28th 09 08:57 AM
by GIA08 Go to last post
0 289
Windows Installer error by ggarland
I have had this Vista 64 bit for about 3 weeks. I was able to install some of my programming without problem. Suddenly whenever I try to install anything, I receive an error that basically says that the Windows Installer is not operating or is not properly installed. I have searched everywhere I can think of, and I have tried the same number of things with no help. If any one has any...
April 28th 09 03:07 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 317
Windows Boot Manager Error by mak-man
When I start I get an error that “Windows failed to start” and to insert the installation disk in to try repair. This doesn't work. It first stated that the offending file is Windows\system32\winload.exe It now states that the offending file is \BOOT\BCD Status: 0xc0000098 Info: The Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry. The problem is on a laptop with...
April 27th 09 11:41 PM
by Businessman07 Go to last post
5 442
windows update by Devin
I have windows vista home premium pre service pack one. i needed to reinstall. when i updated through windows update many of them failed and the updates that were successful were not installed correctly. windows was failing to connect to multiple services. i then reinstalled 7 times and each time the same errors. i then researched the updated that were being installed. came to the conclusion...
April 27th 09 08:39 PM
by Devin Go to last post
0 265
Technical Help needed... by edilee012
Ok I aquired a Gateway GT5058 with a bad hard drive from my neighbor and I will note it had Win XP Media Center Edition installed. The bad hard drive was fully accessible from my Vista machine but the primary partition gives an "error to load operating system". Visible inspection of the hard drive shows a melted area so I am shocked the drive was able to be accessed since it will not boot in it's...
April 27th 09 08:34 PM
by edilee012 Go to last post
9 412
Need help why i need to keep bootable cd or dvd to boot my system by victor0215
Hi, I recently install new hdd 500gb seagate , i install windows vista home prem sp1 , when i try to boot the system IT FREEZED on booting on black screen and it shows all the hardware install when put any bootable cd and boot the system, system boots fine , i had same issue with old sansung 80gb hdd , i have to keep the bootable cd in optical drive to boot the system , i also tried reseat the...
April 27th 09 03:51 PM
by victor0215 Go to last post
5 267
Installing vista 32bit in an over 2T volume by bill
hello i use a 2.5T raid 0 (stripping) and i want to install vista 32bit on this. I read that there is a physical restriction at 2T volume for vista installation. Is this refere for the system boot partition only or for the total size of the raid ? thanks
April 26th 09 10:34 PM
by Microsoft[_8_] Go to last post
5 287
Can't get the Vista to complete re-install by bestemt
I have a Dell Inspiron 1521 laptop that this past week decided to do a Windows update and afterwards was running at 100% cpu and really slow. After everything I did and everything I knew to do I decided to clean the HD and re-install the OS. I partitioned the HD and tried to install Vista. It got all the way thru to the point it was "suppose" to reboot and ask for my name and comp info and just...
April 26th 09 02:37 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
4 328
MS Money Cannot Install Autorun.inf Missing or Corrupt by jrinkenb
Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or corrupt". I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please help?
April 26th 09 11:36 AM
by jrinkenb Go to last post
4 308
Installing Vista with RAID0 - NTLDR issues by SpartanGA
Ok, I am running a clean install of Vista Business on a Dell XPS420. I installed a 2nd HDD and booted the computer. I used the Intel ROM utility and setup the RAID0. Setup the BIOS for RAID etc. Rebooted to the Vista DVD and it saw everything, I made new partition (single) and formatted it. I even loaded the latest SATA drivers from a USB stick. Windows installed just fine...no issues. I...
April 26th 09 10:33 AM
by benezuela Go to last post
1 267
Installed Vista and Now My Graphics are Bad by ruairimurphy
Hi, Forgive me first of all as I know very little about vista. I installed vista on my PC and now the graphics are completely bad. The colours are all strange, the resolution is very big etc.. it seems like I might need to have installed something else?
April 26th 09 05:16 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
4 295
ERROR 0X8007000D in OEM install by jenealogy
Hi! I've built a new PC with Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB HD (Serial ATA HD), used the red SATA cable to plug it into the mobo. It is an ASUS P6T mobo with 12g ram. There was a CD with things like "Intel x58 chipset Support DVD" and "Vista Drivers Inside" "M1455", but I didn't see anything that looked like I should install it. I put the OEM Vista Home Premium x64 cd in the dvd player...
April 26th 09 12:36 AM
by jenealogy Go to last post
0 236
windows vista ultimate x64 boot up problem by radeon4890
Hi Guys, My pc wont boot up past the loading bar. the bar scrolls through twice then it stops in the middle for about 2 secs then it scrolls twice or so more and then disapears and nothing else happens. just a black screen. I can boot into safe mode, I have restored the system to yesterday before I installed new graphics card drivers and I have uninstalled the last program I installed.
April 25th 09 02:14 PM
by suddie Olead Go to last post

From The