Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Is the Enterprise Edition Media Different? by Emory Tech
I hear that you can install any version of windows from any media but I am not seeing this option with the Enterprise Edition disk. Also I dont get the option to enter a cd key until after the Enterprise install. The only time I can is if I wanted to activate windows I see a section to change the product key. I wanted to test and see what each version of vista has to offer. Before I make a...
January 15th 07 04:58 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
2 347
Upgrade to Vista from Non-Authentic XP Pro by Pedro LG
My Computer runs Windows XP Professional, but it is not an authentic version... To upgrade to Windows Vista, can I buy (when it is released) the upgrade version of Vista or I'll have to obtain the full version os Vista (or maybe an Authentic XP than just the upgrade)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 07 04:17 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
18 599
Can't install or boot Vista without an IDE drive present by Ray Costanzo
Hi group, I built a new computer for Vista (specs below) that has two SATA drives. Prior to installing Vista, I installed XP Pro 64 on a partition on SATA drive #1. Everything went fine with that installation, and I did not have to do the "press F6 to install drivers" during the installation. XP recognized the drives and installed to one without issue. I then tried to install Vista 64...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 07 04:14 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
10 621
Vista Ultimate DreamScene by Tony
I'm a Technet Subscriber and was able to download Vista Ultimate form their site. It works great. However, I could not see the DreamScene Option. Where can I download the DreamScene Option? Thanks,
January 15th 07 03:56 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
4 304
RC2 upgrade policy and will it work with out loosing programs and by Lorne Reap
I just migrated to using RC2 after 4 months of RC1 upgrade edition, and this seems to be the best release over all the 12 editions of Vista/Longhorn I have tried, will I be able to upgrade from this to the full release in a cople of weeks because I am going to completely migrate to Vista Ulimate for all my machines. RC2 is the first edition since Beta 1 that a lot of my Astronomy programs...
January 15th 07 03:51 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
2 254
I need help by JonK
January 15th 07 03:47 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
3 331
Network drive name length frustration by Neobyte
Hi, I am trying to rename a network drive, but Vista will not let me enter more than 11 characters for the drive name. Very frustrating! When I initially map a drive with a long name (eg: \\server\a really long share name) that works ok. However if I rename that to "Short name" and then try and rename to something more than 11 characters, it just starts beeping at me once the length hits...
January 15th 07 05:25 AM
by Neobyte Go to last post
0 279
formatting my hard drive after installing windows vista by George
how can i format my hard drive and put xp back on my computer NEEED ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
January 15th 07 01:16 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
3 347
RC2 Available???? by Dean Browning
Is there somewhere I can still download the beta? Dean
January 14th 07 10:36 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 382
Palm Treo 750v to vista sync center by Tony
Hi I tried to connect a Palm Treo 750v to vista sync center but the Vista sync center does not recognize the treo750v Kind regards, Tony Thijs
January 14th 07 10:32 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 277
Upgrading to 64bits - new info from Darrel by Chad Harris
Colin-- I find this thread on the setup group muddies the waters for me because Darrel seems to be saying that the product key will determine what actually sets up ***as well as the need for the X32 or the X64. So I guess that if as they told me they will be sending a specific CD with each edition's package, they will also have to issue a product key depending on what gets purchased.
January 14th 07 10:01 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
2 262
Please HELP?! Product Key can't be validated by Alaa Nagawa
Please I'm looking for a help, I had got Windows Vista DVD and I applied for a trial product key through Microsoft, They had sent me an email including my product key as below, unfortunately it doesn't work, I even triad in upgrading mode and in new installation but in both cases it say" your product key cant be validated, Review your product key and ............". I'm sure I'm typing it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 07 07:30 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
18 420
Upgrading from RC1 by Billy Scotland
I bought a laptop with XP Home edition and upgraded to RC1 recently. I had previously used partitions and used Beta 2 Vista etc. However, decided to just go for it and now my laptop runs really nicely on Vista Ultimate RC1. After january 30th I intend to purchase a copy of Vista. Should I buy the 'upgrade' Home Premium? If I do will I have to reinstall my XP and then upgrade the Vista,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 07 12:56 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
10 465
Further WDS Disk Partitioning troubles. by LID
Hi, I meant to add that, if I attempt to create a partition that doesn't fill the disk through the use of the Size tag within CreatePartitions, the following error is displayed: "Windows could not create a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while applying the unattend answer file's Diskconfiguration setting. Error code:0x80004005" LID
January 14th 07 08:53 AM
by LID Go to last post
1 250
Upgrade to Office Ultimate from Beta 2 by sylvaticus
A quick question, if I might: I installed Beta 2 (love it!). I'll be there the moment the stores open to buy the real thing! I will install Vista Ultimate first, and I'll install new vs upgrade. I know that will remove Beta 2 from my hard drive. That's fine. My .pst file and all files are stored on a different drive. Will I have to re-install Office 2003, or when I'm installing Office...
January 13th 07 09:44 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 220
Migrating Your Data From XP To Vista by awolfe
a href= "http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196900611" InformationWeek/a has an article, he http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196900611 Data Migration to Vista Made Easy. With the migration to Windows Vista about to begin, IT pros will have their hands full. Here's some help: an efficient way for to transfer older Windows
January 13th 07 09:25 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 229
How can I uninstall an incompatible or corrupted program by jinsoo
I installed Vista today, I used custom install rather than update to get rid of old junk in my computer.Installation of Vista was perfact and clean. But there was no audio, so I installed Creative Sound program and driver which came from Dell with my computer. Now Vista is saying that the Creative sound files are corrupted. I tried to uninstall thru Safe mode using control panel but I could...
January 13th 07 07:52 PM
by jinsoo Go to last post
2 247
Windows Image Backup by Billy Scotland
Having taken a backup Image from my laptop whilst using OS RC1 Vista. If I do have to reinstal XP and then 'upgrade' to Vista Home Premium, would I be able to then use the 'backup' I have taken of my laptop, whilst using RC1 Ultimate to reinstate files and settings once I have the new Vista Home premium installed? If not are there alternatives. My files are all backed up on a seperate...
January 13th 07 03:01 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 260
Windows Vista Ultimate Install by Tony
Does anyone know when will our Vista RC1 Trial Version expire? What will hapen then? Should we buy the full version or the upgrade? Thanks.
January 13th 07 04:51 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
7 377
Vista Install Error- boot Configuration by john
I am trying to install Vista from an Xp Pro Sp2 machine. Whether I try an upgrade or clean install, I get error msg during the expanding files that says. "windows could not update boot configuration. " I'm looking for a solution to this problem Thanks in advance.
January 12th 07 05:12 PM
by YoSeMitE_SaM Go to last post

From The