Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Will I need to F6 and install drivers? by Glenn
I am running XP on a striped RAID drive, and I had to F6 and install drivers during the install of XP. I am moving up to the 64-bit version of Vista, and trying to get prepared. Will Vista already contain the necessary RAID drivers, or will I need to create a floppy with the drivers to install via F6 again? I am using an intel D975XBX MB with a E6600 Core 2 Duo CPU.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 07 03:52 PM
by Bill Go to last post
11 279
Anyone know what this stop message means? by Emory Tech
I got this by forcing the machine to go to safe mode to start the install. Normally if I attempt an install it just freezes up right at the windows splash screen and goes all black. Stop message is 0x000000c5
January 12th 07 02:02 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 181
installing vista without sighted assistants by mike
I'm a totally blind user and am considering switching to windows vista. Is there a way to install vista without sighted assistants like on the Mac? I know your able to use voice over to do it with apple but wasn't sure if you could use narrator or something similar when installing vista. Really think there should be some sort of talking installation. Thanks, Mike -- Mike aim screen...
January 12th 07 03:11 AM
by mike Go to last post
0 255
Where did the recycling bin go? by Chris Knapp
I know that this sounds a bit silly, mostly embarassing because I am quite savy with computers. I booted up my machine today and there was all of a sudden no recycling bin on the desktop. Where did it go? How can I locate things I delete now? Any help would be appreciated.
January 12th 07 02:32 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
7 255
Vista Ultimate Screen Saver Blue Screens by GtoJon
I have an IBM TP A31p & install & everything else runs ok! Is there any email support options with RC1? Thanks for any help!
January 11th 07 03:23 PM
by GtoJon Go to last post
2 176
howto analyze fix setup? by Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)
Hi, I have XP prof Sp2, 2 gyg RAM + Amd Athlon 64, recent machine, so good hardware. The upgrade analyser says that nothing would stop the upgrade, except for SQL Server 2005. In addition, to be sure, I've uninstalled AMD and chipset specific drivers to allow SETUP to leave the default or upgrade.
January 11th 07 03:21 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
5 200
Vista sysprep problems by Jeff Gander
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get the mini-setup to prompt to join a domain? We've not been able to figure out how to modify the sysprep unattend file so we can specify the domain to join during setup. With XP's sysprep this was not a problem. We need to be able to choose a domain to join before we login to the desktop. Jeff Gander
January 11th 07 03:09 PM
by jjakober Go to last post
1 236
Remove XP from Vista - XP Dual Boot by KenP
I started with an SATA drive that was running my XP system. I added an IDE drive to try out Vista, set it up as a dual boot, worked fine. Now I would like to just run Vista, everything I need to run works on Vista so I'm good to go. At the same time I'd like to move it to a SATA drive (either the one running XP currently in the machine, or a new one). I'd prefer to not reload Vista. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 11th 07 02:53 PM
by KenP Go to last post
10 268
Upgrading Vista RC1 to Full Commercial Release Version by Kev3471
Hi there, I've recently installed a clean version of Vista Ultimate RC1 on my computer. Firstly it seems to be a great piece of kit although because I only managed to receive the Build 5600 version on DVD before Microsoft brought the "free versions for the masses" gate crashing down. I've not been able to run such trusted applications as Norton Internet Security etc (wrong version of Vista...
January 11th 07 02:44 AM
by Kevin Young Go to last post
4 147
Using WIM I get an error when trying to create a configuration fil by jteberle
While trying to load install.wim into the WIM, I get the error: Exception from HRESULT 0xC015001A. Does anyone know 1.)what this is? and 2.) what to do about it? Any help is appreciated
January 11th 07 12:56 AM
by Lawhugg Go to last post
3 179
Installing Vista by Tom Riley
I took the compatibility program it said I was good to go. Loaded Vista so many times I can't count. Every time I get to "loading windows for the first time" it shuts down and takes it all back.
January 10th 07 11:22 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
5 186
Deprecated MS Components/software in Vista by blueey
Is there consolidated list to tell me which components or even peices of MS software would not be supported and would not work in VIsta. Some examples would be MSDE, Visual STudio 2003, VS2002... etc
January 10th 07 06:50 PM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
2 170
Slowdown in (Un)install of programs by Eric
Hi, I'm using Vista Business on a 17 " Dell Notebook with the following spec: - 120 GB HDD - Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz - 1 GB RAM - 256MB ATI Radeon X1400 I'm having major problems with the speed of installing and uninstalling
January 10th 07 06:19 PM
by ADAM Go to last post
1 165
Register probs by Jens caluwaerts
Hi i have a question I have windows ultimate and i had it first on a partition registered now i did a format C and i wanted to install it and register it again but he said that the key isn't valid. i noticed that when i start up, still the old line when in it was in a partion apears, so at booting i can choose Vista or vista (partition but it doesn't exists anymore). What can i do? And yes it...
January 10th 07 06:17 PM
by Jens caluwaerts Go to last post
2 176
Vista Upgrade Option by Wonkey Donkey
Well this is an odd one, and nobody from my supplier or Microsoft on the phone is able to help so far. Just before christmas, I bought components to build an entire new PC, including mobo, cpu, memory, graphics card etc etc, and I also a copy of Win XP Pro with the Vista Upgrade Option. I built the system over christmas, installed the software and everything is fine.
January 10th 07 06:00 PM
by Michael D Go to last post
5 349
Windows Task Manager by bob
When pressing CRTL-ALT-DEL Windows task manger shows it is running about 20 times. Help
January 10th 07 05:34 PM
by now is forever Go to last post
1 193
New Hard Disk by Jay
I'm trying to deploy a Custom.wim image to a new hard disk containing no partitions. During the first part of deployment, I'm receiving a ZTIError - Unhandled error returned by LTIApply: Path not found. (76). If I use diskpart to create a partition manually the deployment is successfull. Here's what the unattend.xml looks like: - DiskConfiguration - Disk wcm:action="add"
January 10th 07 03:29 PM
by LID Go to last post
5 310
Acces to progs. by Mate
Although set as Administrator, while attempting to uninstall a prog. from computer, was told I " do not have sufficient rights to access" ! Am I wrong in thinking there is a program in Vista, that allows one to set the parameters of access, by ticking various boxes ? ________________ Mate
January 10th 07 03:15 PM
by ADAM Go to last post
1 214
uninstall vista R1 by Peter
Hello, 1) I have a test version of windows vista r1 installed on a seperate drive d: (ntfs-formatted) 2) normally I run xp (sp2), which is installed on c: (ntfs-formatted) I want to uninstall the test-version and continnue working with xp! Can anybody tell me the right procedure to uninstall vista? Later I want to format D: When I boot up my system now, I run into the first menu, giving me...
January 9th 07 11:38 PM
by DCR Go to last post
4 219
Language Packs and Vista by Emory Tech
I wanted to know if Vista Enterprise edition can legally add language packs. I read somewhere that certain vista versions cant. Also where do you get the language packs, are they something you purchase from Microsoft or some other place? I have 2 users that are chinese and this would be a great help for them.
January 9th 07 07:32 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post

From The