Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Removing 32bit install? by teddykgb715
Hey all, I had the 32bit Vista Ultimate installed for a while and I just recently installed the 64bit onto a separate partition. I deleted the 32bit from the OS boot menu in system configuration but it won't let me delete or format the partition where the 32bit install was when I am in Vista. I deleted it using the DVD to boot into the partition area but after I did that my PC wouldn't boot or...
April 25th 09 07:57 AM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
7 497
Vista Won't Detect My HD (Ci7 GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5) by ctrlaltdelx2
I recently purchased parts for my new computer. Core i7 920, 'GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5' (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128362), 'Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM, ' (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148288)'Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit English for System Builders 1pk DSP OEI DVD -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 25th 09 02:51 AM
by aftrshockrox Go to last post
15 682
"Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Connect by Dima
Hello! How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL". The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to check the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection. Regards Dima
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 09 11:55 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
24 962
Vista Registry Fixing Software by james
Hi, I tried nortons WinDoctor to help fix any problems with missing shortcuts,missing shared files, etc etc and my pc wouldnt startup the next time! It used to work really well with XP and never did XP not start after WinDoctor,it only speeded the pc up,in my experience.Im reluctant to "try" any other registry fixing software,unless there are some well known Vista registry fixing software...
April 24th 09 08:29 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
7 716
Black screen of boredom :\ by free2paul
Hi Im new here, i got this problem when i restrt the pc or shut it down it loads up and gets stuck on the black screen just after the loading bar loading bar,just before the welcome screen.it happens randomly when i restart or turn on my pc.have been waiting for a long time between (10min-2hours),but it won`t go on further.. when i restart again and load vista by last known good configuration...
April 24th 09 08:20 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
6 379
Is there a way to install Vista on an old PC that has no DVD drives? by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old Dell Dimension 8250 test PC that I would like to install Vista onto. However, it has no DVD drives. I cannot even boot from external USB drives (3.5" disk drive, external HDDs, and DVD burner drive -- CMOS doesn't see them and found out PC doesn't support bootable USB devices). However, I do have enough HDD space (30 GB free on second partition) to copy Vista DVD (or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 09 06:25 PM
by Ant Go to last post
28 878
Windows System Image Manager by Halldor Hrafn Jonsson
I am using Windows System Image Manager to create an Answer File for Windows Vista Home Premium Edition and everything has worked well except for these two following issues: 1. I can not get the setup to automatically use Icelandic as the default "Time and currency format:" and "Keyboard or input method". The setup always pops up with the question in "1 Collecting information" on
April 24th 09 05:47 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
7 379
format hard drive by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
How do you format the hard drive? -- Walt
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 09 05:35 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
14 596
Lost bootloader by danjohn1
Hi, Previously was dual booting vista x86 and windows7 x64 off same hard drive. I decided to replace vista x86 with vista x64, On boot up i have no longer got my bootloader as it just boots straight to vista x64. If i use win7 disc and do bootrec /fixmbr will this retore bootloader or just default boot to win7? Or shall i do above with vista disc?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 09 04:09 PM
by SuperiorBeen Go to last post
12 558
Dual Boot Problems with Vista and 7 by Bubba
I have Vista installed on one hard drive and 7 Beta on another in my laptop. Using msconfig I changed the default OS in the boot order. Now my computer reboots continually, with no OS seletion page displayed. What can I do to repair the OS boot selection. I installed Vista first, then booted from DVD to install 7. It worked fine until I changed the order of booting. Both drives have...
April 24th 09 05:42 AM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
1 299
Computer speech synthesis on Vista by comcdp
Speech synthesis is the artificial production of human speech. A computer system used for this purpose is called a speech synthesizer, and can be implemented in software or hardware. A text-to-speech (TTS) system converts normal language text into speech. Most of the text-to-speech softwares can read text files in format of .txt and other file formats with natural voices using various...
April 24th 09 02:54 AM
by comcdp Go to last post
0 282
Vista Problem with 8GB by darklex
Hi I have the following setup: MSI P6N Diamond motherboard Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad core CPU 8GB RAM: 4 x 2GB Mushkin 800 mHz DDR2 MSI NX8800 Ultra OC video card PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W PSU WD Raptor 74GB 10K SATA HD (used as boot drive) Hitachi Deskstar 1TB
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 23rd 09 05:33 PM
by Oversoulll Go to last post
29 759
shuting down and restarting after update by HEARTWILL
hello, i use vista ultimate. I checked for new updates then installed them. My machine keeps shutting down and restarting. I see on the screen "configuring updates, do not power off, 3 of 3 updates 99% completed". this keep going on and on. I power off after 24 hours then thy to restore my machine using the installation dvd, but my machine does not seem to boot from the dvd. It says reboot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 23rd 09 01:40 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
12 579
Could not reinitialize the deployment engine by Mike M
I've got the full retail version of Vista home premium, and I'm trying a clean install on a new hard drive. I always get this error when I use the Vista setup to format the drive. It comes up during the first step after selecting the drive. The only instruction is to try again... I've removed all non-essential hardware from my machine. I've disabled all non-essential features in BIOS (even...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 23rd 09 04:53 AM
by evilace[_2_] Go to last post
14 515
Vista loading screen freezes. by Frenzic
When I this morning turned on my laptop and after it had booted I got the "Error recovery for windows" screen (not sure how its named in English). On that Screen it basically stands that windows couldn't start up and you are given two options: 1. Start startup repair tool 2. Start Windows the normal way. I choose number 2. but it only reaches the windows loading screen (pic) and it doesn't...
April 22nd 09 11:51 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
3 338
Partition Management--How do you label Partitions via Disk Mgmt's Rt. Click to maximize options? by Chad Harris[_8_]
Recently a poster (Andy ) wrote in response to someone who was trying to format with DiskMgmt and found the format option to be ghosted: "Using Disk Management, mark the 64-bit Vista partition as active. Then repair/create the new Boot Manager files. The old system partition can now be deleted." I've encountered many times when the format option was ghosted for other drives when you aren't...
April 22nd 09 11:45 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
0 240
dual monitors: different background display possible? by fred
Hello, I have NVidia video card and 2 monitors. Both monitors are set to mode: "Configured indepedently from each other (Dualview)." Everything is fine, except that both monitors use the same wallpaper. Is it possible to set up a different background display for each monitor? How? Thanks, Fred
April 22nd 09 08:48 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
5 247
Fix Start menu by jimrx4
How do I fix my Start Menu so when I type in a program name, that program will show up and I can press Enter and the program will run? It stopped working! Using Vista/U, 64-bit), SP1.
April 22nd 09 02:22 PM
by jimrx4 Go to last post
1 251
Exclamation
Windows Vista Not Booting.. by omipower
It's not just an ordinary not booting it doesnt show up anything after the bios screen.... so i installed linux and i cant get windows vista to show up in the boot loader screen i can see all the contents of windows vista in linux and is there a way i could modify something in the vista drive to get it showing up again?
April 22nd 09 11:37 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 314
Microsoft update issue (error 80070002) by John
Vista Auto update has found a new update, but after several attempts at trying to install it keeps reporting that it has failed to install the update with Error code: 80070002. The included Help and support states a solution, but having tried it twice it has not solved my problem. The so called 'solution' is as follows 1)Stop the windows update service (from services) 2)Delete temporary...
April 21st 09 07:51 PM
by SuperiorBeen Go to last post

From The