Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Visual Studio 2005 on Vista by Henry Jones
I tried to install Visual Studio 2005 on Vista last night but received a message that known problems exist and would I like to check the internet for a solution. I let it check and it found nothing. I then cancelled the rest of the install. Has anyone successfully installed and used Visual Studio 2005 on Vista without problems (other than the obvious coding problems that us programmers...
December 1st 06 01:31 PM
by Clint Go to last post
3 305
ACPI failure during install by ComputerDummy
Let me take a guess ?? hum Sounds like a ACPI Vers. 1 Problem.. HP, Toshiba, IBM, Intel System... This Standard was Changed in 2002 but the companies kept it back to sell new hardware for Vista. you need ACPI 2.0 or Newer for Vista. maybe someday there will be a update for the Bios. "Andrew Clarke" wrote:
December 1st 06 06:01 AM
by ComputerDummy Go to last post
2 349
New Gateway laptop gives install error 0x8007045D by Mike Bailey
I’ve seen several postings relating to Error code 0x8007045D during attempted installs of Vista, however no true explanation or solution, does anyone have one? My week old Gateway laptop (model: MP6954) has an initial protected partition installed by Gateway and is 6.82 GB that contains a locked file or folder called “System Restore”, this is locked by PC Angel. The second partition...
December 1st 06 05:34 AM
by Mike Bailey Go to last post
4 266
Completing Upgrade (64%)... by Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
Hello Devon, Can you try hitting Shift-F10 keys? This should open a CMD prompt. Can you capture the setupact.log file? It may be in the $windows.~bt\panther folder or in the \windows\panther folder Depends on where in setup it was. Compress it and send to me. ( remove online from the address) How much data was on the drive? How big was the drive?
December 1st 06 12:09 AM
by Devon Harding Go to last post
3 384
Installing Vista from OEM XP Pro by Mad Scot
As with previous versions of windows will it be posible to a clean install from a Vista upgrade disk, assuming it will ask to check the CD and key? Or would this approach require a full install disk? many thanks
November 30th 06 10:34 PM
by Marty Felker Go to last post
6 330
Changing Vista version by Joel Zinn
I have the MSDN installation dvd for Vista. I had a XP MCE that I was going to change to Vista as my first install. I decided to install the Home Premium version, because I did not think I needed the Ultimate version. After installation went just fine, I tried to join to my local domain and discovered that you can't do that unless you install Ultimate. I looked for a way to upgrade to...
November 30th 06 09:47 PM
by Joel Zinn Go to last post
5 415
Installation by Fornaciari Marcello
Hallo, I'm an Italian user who wants to install Windows Vista RC1. I've got a problem after the installation is quite finished. In fase of perfomances's control of system, the pc's got a block and I have to do a hard reset. After this, if I turn on the pc, Vista opens, but it si terribly slow. I've got a pc with Amd dual core 4200, 2 Gb of ram, a hard disk pata 80 Gb (I want to install Vista...
November 30th 06 09:28 PM
by Erik Chapple Go to last post
1 301
Missing Program Groups by eric miles
After I installed Vista (xp upgrade), none of my program groups show up on the Start Menu. I can find the folders, but I haven't figured out a way to get them back on the start menu and work they way they are supposed to. I can put a shortcut there, etc. but then it will open up Explorer instead of acting like a program group menu item. Anyone have suggestions as to how I can fix...
November 30th 06 09:23 PM
by Erik Chapple Go to last post
1 256
Unattended Setup - Windows System Image Manager / WDS by Alex Fischer
Hi, I'm searching for someone who can help me with a problem installing and joining a vista machine to a domain while using unattended files and WDS. Is there anybody out there or is this the wrong folder? Alex
November 30th 06 09:22 PM
by AJR Go to last post
2 278
hey!!!! by DJ DIXIE
cant you download vista any more of windows.com or cant u get it sent out 2 you free. email me on
November 30th 06 09:16 PM
by Henry Jones Go to last post
4 503
install vista from boot disk by joe
I am trying to install windows vista rtm from a dos boot disk. Is this possible and if so how do I start the install. The laptop I have does not have a cd/dvd drive so I am booting dos from an SD card and have the vista install files copied to a 3 gb fat32 partition at the end of my drive. thanks, Joe
November 30th 06 07:47 PM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
9 230
Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3 by Pranav
I was trying to install Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3, but while it was gather the information the instalation just quit. I tried this for 5 times and the same thing happened.
November 30th 06 05:38 PM
by E.C. Go to last post
5 215
0x80070017 during install by MSDN
Hi, I know this has been asked many times - but I still havn't found a solution that works! I downloaded Vista (en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ) from the MSDN subscriber area. I checked the SHA1 value and the downloaded file matches the one listed.
November 30th 06 10:36 AM
by MSDN Go to last post
8 324
unable to open default e-mail folders by johanbo
When launching outlook 2007 on Windows Vista build 5600 64 bits the program starts to open, however after a few seconds I get a message "cannot open your default e-mail folders." I have tried to uninstall outlook 2007 and reinstall the program again but with no success; the error is still there. I really don't know what to do? How to solve this problem? Many thanks for your assistance.
November 30th 06 01:12 AM
by johanbo Go to last post
0 245
System Restore by miss-information
How does one set, or limit the size of the System Restore folder? mi
November 29th 06 11:17 PM
by Halldor Hrafn Jonsson Go to last post
5 302
HP nw8000 video driver troubles by ChrisKK
Hello all, I installed Vista Ultimate RTM on my HP nw8000 yesterday. Finally got the login screen after a couple of reboots. After login, Vista correctly recognized my graphic chipset as an "ATI Mobility FireGL T2" and installed a Microsoft supplied WDDM driver, asking to reboot. After reboot, the green progress bar was show, after that the screen went blank.
November 29th 06 10:30 PM
by MarkusF Go to last post
1 264
Problems after installing SP2 (DVD) over XP Pro by Cowtoon
I installed Vista SP2 (from MS CD) over XP Pro and it's become a freekin' nightmare. Don't mean to sound nasty. But man-oh-man it's not been pretty. It took 7 hours to install and then another 24 to get my system to boot without errors successfullly, and it still does boots with errors, half of the time. Rebooting is no quick process with Vista. I'm almost crippled. I overinstalled my...
November 29th 06 09:42 PM
by Billmc Go to last post
3 192
Hiding partitions by Photubias
I am no longer able to hide partitions in the Vista Computer Management window? In XP, this worked... Greetings..
November 29th 06 09:38 PM
by Josh Go to last post
3 261
Vista RMT - IE7 opens and then immediatly closes by GeoffG
Have installed RMT on 2 Dell Dimensions desktops and 1 Dell Inspiron 6400 notebook. After each install IE7 does not run. It opens then immediately closes. Nothing in event log, no add-ons. Have installed Firefox and it works. Is anyone experiencing the same? Any solutions?
November 29th 06 08:50 PM
by GeoffG Go to last post
1 242
Error Code: 0x8007251D when trying to Activate Vista Enterprise by Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
Hello, Open an elevated cmd prompt. Try running SLUI -4 This should start the activation wizard with the phone options. Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
November 29th 06 08:05 PM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post

From The