Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Transitioning from 32 bit to 64 bit by Neil Jones[_3_]
Hello, Currently I have a 32-bit Vista Ultimate on my laptop. Very soon I plan to get a laptop with 64 bit processor. In my current setup, I am doing complete system backups daily. The new laptop will come with a licensed Vista Ultimate. I have several applications installed and configured on my current 32-bit Vista and would hate to lookup all the license information for
April 12th 09 05:05 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
3 211
Vista wont load past green bar by khris91
Okie i know this topic has been posted before but the other topics dont seem to help so i am just going to state MY problem My step father has a Window Vista Home Premium 32Bit on a HP Pavillion DV 9000 Laptop His screen had froze so he did a hard shut down on it and when he tried to load it back up it would go through the green bar for about 5 to ten minutes then it would freeze at a black...
April 12th 09 03:28 AM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
5 322
BCCode: 1000007e BSOD by Kamil7707
Getting the BSOD and was hoping someone here could help me out. Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000007e BCP1: C0000005
April 12th 09 02:40 AM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
4 408
User profile service has stopped working. Help please :) by vlaka
hi everyone, thought i'd give these forums a try and see if anyone could help me out. Lately my pc has been acting up; random BSOD (memory management error which hasnt happened ever since I scanned my system) and appcrash errors (which happen regularly and always on startup. I ran both a virus scan and a spyware scan and it came up, surprisingly with a few threats, cleaned them but now i'm...
April 12th 09 12:47 AM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
2 308
Total Data Loss + System Recovery Error on Vista X64 by Harravaril
Hello, I am faced with a real big problem. Recently I've lost all my data due to a RAID problem and had to use a full system image backup I was able to make before the crash. Here's the catch: I use a Core2Quad with 2 SATA drives on RAID 0 and Vista X64. I have the windows installation CD. Since my backup is on a USB HDD I plug it in, windows system restore finds the backup image. However, when...
April 11th 09 11:56 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
5 352
Someone Help, Stuck at Please Wait!! by xllsiren
Hi I have a dell xps 420 with vista 32bit installed on it. About two day ago, i came home from school and tried to turn on my comp, but it said windows has failed to start, so I restarted it and this other screen pops up and says Launch Startup Repair or start windows normally, I try windows normally but it just fails and gives me the same options again, so when i choose Startup repair, the...
April 11th 09 11:40 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
2 253
65 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 97268 by r4idsi r4i
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com
April 11th 09 08:48 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 175
44 R4i Dsi, Drivers Firmware, R4 Dsi nintendo Dsi 76998 by r4idsi r4i
Firmware - Driver para R4i Dsi, R4 Dsi. Nintendo Dsi. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 saludos ksoUJk&Cw#pc+jqqjml.u*t^
April 11th 09 07:43 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 200
installation and after installation by trippilot
My specs: Core2Duo E7300 MSI G31M3-L V2 4 GB DDR2 in dual PC2-6400 A-Data when I install x64 XP, i have no troubles, but when I try to install Vista od Seven, both x64, installation takes ages... it does install at the end, but it just takes too long (read: 2 hours). After instalation, it continues to be slow, both of the cores are at 100%. I've search for a while for a solution, but I've found...
April 11th 09 06:13 PM
by trippilot Go to last post
8 273
Vista Home Premium to Ultimate Upgrade - NEW Dell by Matt McLelland
I've got a screaming new Dell XPS desktop with Vista Home Premium. Wish I had the forsight to have purchased this with Ultimate (I'm an "IT Guy" - and there are features in this that I need at home), but I didn't so I purchased the Windows Anytime Upgrade from Microsoft. Downloaded my install file, ran the install, popped in my AnytimeUpgrade Disk, and let 'er rip. About halfway throught...
April 11th 09 10:42 AM
by Hawk420 Go to last post
2 169
Very long wait by florianf
Hi guys, I have just purchase a Toshiba laptop with AMD dual core , 2 gig of ram and 250 gig hard drive. I had to complete the vista-setup myself. I started the computer and it's standing right next to me but is only displaying one strange icon for already 15 minutes now. Is it normal that it takes that long? Thanks, Florian
April 10th 09 11:15 PM
by florianf Go to last post
5 189
Internet Explorer certificate messages by MrSmith
I access servers internally which are SSL but not signed by a trusted CA, therefore ever since Explorer 7 I have extra clicks to undertake before access is finally provided. I believe I either add the certificate in IE of my non-trusted CA. OR Disable IE from going through these vigorous checks.
April 10th 09 08:48 PM
by Mike Torello Go to last post
2 144
Install Windows Se7en alongside Windows Vista? by Xandu
Can I install the new *::WINDOWS SE7EN 6956 ::*::HTTP://BTJUNKIE.ORG/IMAGES/DOWN.GIF] :: (\"HTTP://DL.BTJUNKIE.ORG/TORRENT/WINDOWS-SE7EN-6956-ISO-AND-BOOTABLE/39525D7D4A14B2EC4EA9F92C508F58C53E5BD742307A/DOWNLOAD.TORRENT\") beta alongside my Vista PC? Without formatting the C:/ drive. -- Xandu
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 10th 09 01:54 PM
by Marspe Go to last post
20 419
Install Hangs for x64 Windows Server 2008 and Vista SP1 on ICH9R R by UncleVic
I'm trying to install Windows Server 2008 x64 on my new computer system, but the installation hangs early-on when booting from the DVD. Since Vista x64 SP1 has a similar "code base", I tried that too and it also hung at the same spot. By "hung", I mean that it is stuck on the second black screen with the small green left-to-right forever repeating progress bar (following the "Windows is...
April 10th 09 09:51 AM
by dr_john_eaton Go to last post
5 265
What is "Msdia80.dll" doing in the root of my storage disks? by TheOtherSean
I am running Vista x64 Ultimate & other apps on a 150GB WD Raptor. Storage is taken care of by 2 x 1TB WD SATA2 drives in a RAID 0 setup. I noticed that the file "msdia80.dll" is installed in the root of the storage drives. I googled around a little and found this MS Hotfix: 'FIX: The Msdia80.dll file is installed in the root folder of the boot drive when you install the Visual C++...
April 9th 09 11:23 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
4 333
Computer shut off during installation, errors by PCBuilder
I was installing Vista and it was just about to finish when my computer just shut off. I turned it back on and now I get an error that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart your computer and then restart installation." However, when the computer restarts, it simply...
April 9th 09 11:21 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
6 224
Clean install problems by default
Brand new PC with an OEM copy of windows vista basic purchased with PC. MBO is an Intel® D945GCL, 1 GB ram, 40 GB SATA hard drive (new, no partitions set, unformatted) No modem at this point . . . I insert the DVD ROM into my drive and get the installing files screen (squares filling along bottom of screen) That seems to go well. then I get a Microsoft logo along the bottom of the screen with...
April 9th 09 04:55 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
7 248
Can My PC Run 64bit? by Wayne Smith
Hi everyone, I've recently bought a new Acer Aspire desktop PC which came preinstalled with Vista Home Premium 32bit but I have a Windows Server running at home which I use to manage my home network through a Windows Domain Controller, Vista Home Premium obviously won't allow me to connect to a Domain Controller, so I also purchased a retail upgrade of Vista Ultimate. My question is this, is...
April 9th 09 04:00 AM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
8 298
Hardware Upgrade Issue by billpearce
I just upgraded my motherboard, processor and memory and have not been able to get Vista x64 to load. I briefly get the loading Windows bar then a quick BSOD then a reboot. Here are the system components I replaced. Befo - Motherboard: Intel BOXD975XBXLKR
April 9th 09 02:01 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
7 235
Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem by Scottyhn
I just puchased an anytime upgrade for my HP DV0207us laptop to upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. 1.73 mhz intel core duo processor, 2gb ram, 120gb HDD(50gb free). The upgrade procedure last for about 2 hours. When it's almost completed I get an error message that states "windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer...
April 9th 09 12:13 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post

From The