Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
.mig file fails to transfer by Ezun
Hi, I have a savedate.mig file that fails to transfer and all of my data is in that file. I created the file at 12:30pm from my Windows Vista laptop by saving it to an external hard drive. I then baselined the machine and reinstalled Windows Vista and MS Office. Then double clicked the .mig file to start the transfer and I get "The transfer failed" Windows Easy Transfer will now be...
February 22nd 08 09:32 PM
by Ezun Go to last post
0 137
.NET 3.0 problems by MCSE
I am seeing a problem with Vista Beta 2 where some .NET websites yield the error below. This is the same error you see when you don't have .NET 2.0 library installed on XP SP2 or if you run another browser that doesn't support .NET at all. I ran the utility that changes registry settings to allow IE 7 to spoof IE 6 and this did not help. I understand that .NET 3.0 library is automatically...
October 4th 06 12:17 AM
by MCSE Go to last post
1 152
.Net Framework by DJ_Anonymus
..Net Framework does not install on Vista RC1. Suggestions anyone? Some apps say that I need the .Net framework to install it. Hence I really need this. Any help would be appreciated.
October 24th 06 11:48 PM
by Mark W Scheidell Go to last post
2 137
.Net Framework by Nancy Gray
I have had recent trouble with my .Net. Specifically with QuickBooks not opening up. I called them, they said it was my .Net framework that was incorrect. We deleted it and reinstalled it. Now, of course, I cannot open other programs - the error message is that I need to install one of the following: V1.1.4322 or V1.1.3705 A. WHERE are these versions available to download.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 11th 08 03:35 PM
by Nepatsfan Go to last post
10 467
.net framework 1.1 by mtgb
i installed vista enterprise on 12/1 (upgrade from XP Pro not clean install) and i see in the add/remove programs folder .net framework 1.1 installed as well on 12/1... 1.1 may have still been on the machine at update... i don't specifically recall... i don't see, however, v 3 which was on my system at the time of upgrade, and which i thought was the default in vista... should i download...
December 16th 06 01:03 PM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
1 249
.net Framework 1.1 Install error by Riley
I was having difficulty with an application that uses .net framework 1.1 and tried to reinstall. The installation stops and I get the following error messages. INTERNAL ERROR 2908. {7D4B5591-4C80-42BB-B0E5-F2C0CEE02C1A} I click OK then I get this one: INTERNAL ERROR 2908. {9922FCCE-8CAF-4A22-AA39-DA835B6C608A}
March 13th 07 07:34 AM
by Riley Go to last post
0 137
.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 installed? by Lif
Could somebody tell me how I can verify if .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed please? In Add or Remove Programs, I can see the following are installed already. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB930494) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotifix (KB928366) I have Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP2 installed.
September 24th 07 09:32 AM
by Lif Go to last post
3 158
.NET Framework 3.0 Question by intclass
Ok, .NET Framework 2.0 doesn't include version 1.1... but does .NET Framework 3.0 include version 2.0? It's very confusing... If not, consumers would have to download .NET 2.0 to use with Vista, as many many applications have been built around that!
September 21st 06 09:53 AM
by Joerg Jooss Go to last post
1 115
.Net Framework 3.5 SP1 by Jerevans
.Net Framework 3.5 or 3.5 SP1 won't install. Any Help? -- Jerevans Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one- Bill Gates :D
April 16th 10 09:40 PM
by Jerevans Go to last post
0 455
.Net Framework 3.5 SP1 by Jerevans
.Net Framework 3.5 or 3.5 SP1 won't install. Any Help? -- Jerevans Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one- Bill Gates :D
April 18th 10 04:48 AM
by Americano Go to last post
6 511
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 install problem ---- Please Help by John Monahan
I hope somebody can help me out here. I just got Expression Web V3. It tells me I don't have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed. When I download the .NET SP1 from MS it installs about half way then says an error was detected and unwinds everything. The error box says "see Error Log". What error log? where? When I click on it, MS Visual Studio 2008, it comes up but has its own error box "file...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 7th 09 07:09 PM
by John Monahan Go to last post
10 292
.NET Framework Initialization Error by swan[_2_]
I am running a preinstalled copy of Windows Home Basic on an XPS M1530 laptop from Dell. No real issues until now. The problem is this: When I boot up the computer, it gives me the error, ".NET Framework Initialization Error" and mentions "dsca.exe", "sprtcmd.exe", and EULALauncher.exe" as being corrupt. I try to run the Check Disk Utility and nothing ever happens other than it scheduling...
July 28th 08 05:24 PM
by swan[_2_] Go to last post
0 176
.Net framework issue on Vista by Mark Livingston
Hello All, I inadvertently tried to install the stand alone version of .Net framework on Vista before I realized that Vista is shipped with it. I think I messed something up because when I go to Programs and Features - it is not listed there in the installed applications. Also I did a check with VersionCheck and it produced the following results. Also the peculiar this is if I go to Turn...
July 13th 07 11:28 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
1 142
.NET Framework problems by brenash
Hey, I've got home premium 64bit (sp1) I tried to install 3.5 net framework but since then its been going in a spiral down. My pc specs couldnt be the problem.. (8gb ram, 9800gx2, q9450 quad core..) I need it for a program to work, however still havnt got it to work. I've tried a lot of things such as: -installing the x64 version, it's not compatible
December 3rd 08 12:36 PM
by hafizahmad Go to last post
1 234
.NET Framework setup by bellamy
I have an acer notebook running windows vista and have owned it since june this year. Some software I had to run required .NET framework which I downloaded and ran until about a month ago the system at startup gave a warning saying 'Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework intall location. Using reged I could not locate...
January 17th 08 12:36 AM
by David Manvell Go to last post
1 123
.NET Framework version 1.1.43322 by newsgroupposter
Hi A piece of software that is supposed to run on Vista requires that i install ..NET Framework version 1.1.43322,and it is asking me to download it from the net. It it a good idea to install the .NET Framework version 1.1.43322 ? Thanks
April 8th 07 01:29 PM
by Joe Guidera Go to last post
1 140
.ocx how to register? by yhk
i need to install an missing .ocx file for an older program. How do i get 1 too work? in windows vista home premium hope somebody can help me out, thanx in advance
April 28th 07 01:36 PM
by yhk Go to last post
0 94
0x00...7B error with Vista update by Bernard
I have a Asus motherboard P5B Deluxe/Wifi with 4 HD implemented as RAID10 with the Intel R8 . When trying to update my Win XP SP2 with Vista I get the error Ox000007b . When I run the update adviser it detected a JMicron JMB36X Controller that should be updated. Is it also for the Raid ? Nothing was detected for the Intel R 8 raid driver !? So wich one should I update ?
May 2nd 07 02:08 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 149
0x0000000A on boot after installation by Patrick
I have Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. When installing Vista Home Premium, the installation goes fine but on first boot I get a blue screen with STOP error 0x0000000A. Clean installation and upgrade produce the same result. Any suggestions? AMD Athlon 64 4000+
February 17th 07 06:22 PM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post
5 309
0x0000005c by PimpTwzt
Well im getting this just a blue sceen with STOP: 0x0000005c (0x0000010B, 0x00000003, 0x00000000) when I try to install pre-rc1 and rc1. I tryed beta 2 and it is just a blank screen. It is when I boot from dvd it loads set up files and then I get it when it usually will go to language selection. So I tryed it under XP, it copyed system files and expanded, it restarted and gave me the same...
September 13th 06 06:30 AM
by PimpTwzt Go to last post

From The