Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
HELP by LarryM
SCREENSAVER DO NOT WORK HAVE TRIED EVERYTHINK I CAN THINK OF HELP PLEASE LARRYM
October 10th 06 07:53 PM
by Dave B. Go to last post
4 456
RC1 (5600) Missing 3com Network drivers ? by Colin Robinson
I find it hard to believe but the 3com network drivers appear to be missing or unsupported in the RC1(5600) build available on msdn: Im missing 3c920 and the other Generally compatible Etherlink 3c905c-TX. The 3-com list is mising although some 3 com drivers appear under broadcom list If anyone comes across a link to download let me know and il use XP session to download them ...
October 10th 06 05:31 PM
by ColinRobinson Go to last post
2 216
INF Files by Ben Salisbury
Does anyone know if there is some sort of driver SDK available yet. I'm primarily concerned with the format of INF files....I'm bored and I'd like to see If I can custom tailor one.to get some legacy drivers to install (regardless if the drivers work or not) Thanks -Ben
October 10th 06 05:28 PM
by Ben Salisbury Go to last post
0 254
Setup.exe from XP Pro SP2 genuine by JPJ41
The setup from XP should start with the essential question : Clean Install OR Upgrade My system offers a 40GB free partition on my second HD, but the preliminary verification says that it is unable to determine if my system is OK, and setup is closed without any comment. I have verified myself, and everything is OK (but is not for the actual system partition in case of upgrade, which I do not...
October 10th 06 05:12 PM
by JPJ41 Go to last post
0 233
Problem upgrading to RC2 from RC1 by David
When trying to upgrade from RC1 to RC2 build 5744 the setup goes all the way to installing files and then it says that Upgrade was cancelled and an Install Windows Box pops up that says: Windows cannot install required files. Network problems may be preventing Windows from accessing the file. Make sure the computer is connected to the network and restart the installation. Error code: ...
October 10th 06 04:07 PM
by jgolden Go to last post
1 219
boot up error by jgrad561
installed rc1 and now get guest log in never had password before but now need one tried nothing but still get error need password what do I do now??
October 10th 06 02:51 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
2 202
autounattend.xml by cpu
I'm trying out the System Image Manager to create an answer file (and ultimately install Vista completely unattended) but whenever I boot the Vista DVD with the answer file on a USB stick I can't get past the disk partition portion of the installation. It either says it couldn't create the partition or the disk could not be found. My intention is to wipe the disk clean and install Vista...
October 10th 06 02:17 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 230
Upgrade from RC1 to RC2 with orginal Nvidia driver don't work by Pawel
Hi ! when you have install an orginal Nvidia driver on you RC1 you can't upgrade to RC2. The upgrade process will be failed after 2 hourse. After deinstalling the orginal Nvidia driver you will be able to upgrade to RC2. Regards,
October 10th 06 01:34 PM
by pippin Go to last post
4 214
RC2 Download by bjohns
I have just downloaded RC2, but my browser crashed during the integrity check. Could anyone tell me what the file size should be as I have a file of 2.49GB? I tried to get back to the download site to check what the size should be but I think they've shut it now. Many Thanks
October 10th 06 01:33 PM
by Theo Go to last post
3 226
Installing RC2 as dual boot with earlier Vista build by Ron Holder
I've found that I cannot install RC2 as an upgrade to "Pre-RC1". I have a second partition that has never had an OS installed to it before, what if I were to custom install RC2 to that drive; specifically, will it pick up the application registry data of my existing Vista install so the applications would run properly in RC2. If this would work, I would prefer to try it than to do a clean...
October 10th 06 11:04 AM
by David Wilkinson Go to last post
2 212
RC2 download by Adrian
I have been trying to download the RC2 from the following site- http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/10/05/windows-vista-rc2-download-page-was-temporarily-available/ But twice now it as aborted the download at 98% As anyone else had this problem? Is it worthwhile persevering with the download? or is there somewhere else I can get the RC2?
October 10th 06 10:58 AM
by David Wilkinson Go to last post
4 211
Multiboot help by pleb
Yest another multi boot question .. Previous setup: 2 hard drives, one with XP on and one with RC1 on with a dual boot - first Vistas then XP's I downloaded the latest build and went through the install process - for some annoying reason, I chose to delete the Vista RC1 partition to do a clean install of RC2 The problem I have now - is that when vista boots, it no longer seems to
October 10th 06 10:24 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
6 268
DVD Burner by Charlie
I need a DVD burner to install on my computer so that I can install Vista RC1. I've done everything but burn the ISO image onto DVD. Where can I download a free DVD burning application?
October 10th 06 09:52 AM
by bakerthree Go to last post
3 249
Upgrade from RC1 to RC2 with orginal Nvidia driver don't work by Pawel
Hi ! when you have install an orginal Nvidia driver on you RC1 you can't upgrade to RC2. The upgrade process will be failed after 2 hourse. After deinstalling the orginal Nvidia driver you will be able to upgrade to RC2. Regards,
October 10th 06 07:18 AM
by Pawel Go to last post
0 190
Appearance Settings - Save Profile? by Spirefm
It takes quite a while to set up the font types & sizes in 'Appearance Settings'. Unfortunately there is no method of saving one's settings, for example, by creating a profile. So if one tries another theme or whatever and is disatisfied with the result, one has to go through all the settings again to get back to where one was before experimenting with other settings/ themes etc. So, please...
October 10th 06 05:21 AM
by SAM-R Go to last post
3 217
upgrade by ambi
Is there a way to upgrade from RC1 to RC2 without reinstalling the whole system? How? Thank you
October 10th 06 04:16 AM
by ambi Go to last post
2 291
iis 7.0 - ASP pages cannot be read by halinab
I cannot run raw asp page applications . I receive the error 500. Where do I look to find out why theses cannot be run?
October 10th 06 03:11 AM
by Bill Frisbee Go to last post
3 227
Where's boot.ini gone? by Tim Starid
I have two vista partitions going and I'm trying to name them on boot so I can say build 5XXX and build 5728. This way I know which one I'm booting into if I forget which comes first. In XP I used to do this with the boot.ini file, but that appears to have disappeared. Anyone figured out how to do this? Thanks!
October 10th 06 02:36 AM
by Bill Frisbee Go to last post
3 224
Help by sealegs
I've been trying to load RC2 from your link but it puts me to the RC1 page, I'm I missing something? Maybe I drank to much last night :) http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc2/en/download.htm
October 9th 06 11:27 PM
by Bill Frisbee Go to last post
1 431
RC2 Download by gbalonek
I am already using RC1. Is RC2 worth downloading? Also, on the RC2 Downlaod page, there is the following warning: "and you may not be able to upgrade from this build to the final version of Windows Vista". Comments?
October 9th 06 10:21 PM
by SAM-R Go to last post

From The