Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista RC2 download link by K.S.Sathish
I heard Vista RC2 was released on Friday, but where is the link, i am using RC1? Could some let me know the link plz. K.S.Sathish
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 9th 06 10:19 PM
by SAM-R Go to last post
11 422
Vista Boot Failure by Marvel
I recently tried to install Vista on my laptop. I didn't see that the power adapter wasn't plugged into the computer. So it shut down before the installation could complete. So now Vista loads, but when it gets to the desktop screen a command promt shows up and when i close it the computer restarts. I tried to rollback to xp but Vista still shows up. I tried to reistall XP but my cd doesn't...
October 9th 06 10:01 PM
by Marvel Go to last post
5 193
Strange error installing RC1 from Beta2 by gl
Hello, I would like to install RC1 from Beta2 but set up asks me to free disk space. It seems setup needs 304 MB free disk space. What's strange : I have 5.4 GB free space on the partition of Vista Beta 2, 140 GB free on another partition on the same disk and another disk with 2 partitions with 100 GB free. To install Vista Beta 2 on my second HD (to save my XP install on first Disk and...
October 9th 06 08:51 PM
by gl Go to last post
0 148
RC2 by Theo
Where is the link to RC2? Supposedly it was released within the last couple of hours.
October 9th 06 08:49 PM
by Jordan H. Go to last post
7 325
Vista RC1 and VirtualPC by Fab
I've a problem installing Windows Vista RC1 using Virtual PC 2004 SP1. After the locale selection, I got the message "Windows cannot open the required file d:\Source\Install.vim". The error code was 0x80070570 I used 512 MB of RAM (with less the installtion does not start) and I prealloccate 16 GB of virtual HD. Have you gor any hints ? Thanks! fabrizio
October 9th 06 07:36 PM
by Fab Go to last post
2 151
Install iso has no files by Khaskett
Using WinRAR looking at the .iso file it has just a readme.txt file in it and nothing else. It did act like it was downloading and that took over an hour to download. I tried using the Download manager but that kept quitting on me saying "Download Manager cannot complete tranasaciton..."
October 9th 06 07:23 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
5 174
RC2 Download on 5728 by Tim Starid
Wasnt sure exactly where to place this, so I thought this would be the best. I'm currently running build 5728 with a backup boot of RC1. While in 5728 I downloaded CR2 from the Microsoft website, and the download completed. When the download completed the icon disappeared from my Desktop (where I saved it) and I have not been able to find/recover it. The space is taken up, if I try to...
October 9th 06 07:08 PM
by Theo Go to last post
3 238
RC1 Won't Install by imacken
I've posted this before, but got nowhere. Does anyone have a solution to my (and others) problem, i.e. RC1 installation fails during the 'expanding files' stage at around 21-30%? Every time without fail, whether it's a clean install or upgrade. I've downloaded the ISO twice to make sure that was not the problem. Very very frustrating! Does anyone from MS actually look at these forums?
October 9th 06 06:31 PM
by Clark Go to last post
7 342
Some message text is hard to read by Spirefm
Some message boxes contain text which I find very hard to read but I don't know how to change the font or size. An example is the site address box on this forum's page which says http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/.......... I don't want to change my display resolution from 1280 x 1024. I just want to be able to change that text size/font. It is not controlled by Appearance...
October 9th 06 06:17 PM
by Tim Starid Go to last post
2 153
Vista RC1 will not install by Frustrated Tester
I tried to install Vista RC1 on a machine that previously had Vista Beta2 installed on it. I downloaded the iso file and burned it to DVD with two different programs, Roxio and Nero. With both DVDs the installation terminated with the following error: The installation was canceled Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 9th 06 06:07 PM
by xincer Go to last post
20 367
RC1 Will Not Intall ~ HELP by silex
I spent ten hours downloading the ISO file, then i copied the image to a DVD. The autorun brings up a blank black box for about a second, then dissapears. When I try to run setup directly, it says it is not a valid Win32 application.
October 9th 06 05:36 PM
by THOMAS KOLAKOWSKI Go to last post
2 172
Is RC2 time limited software, and can it be upgraded into final release ? by Steve H.
Is RC2 time limited software, and can it be upgraded into final release ? Just curious. Thanks for your time ! Steve
October 9th 06 04:59 PM
by Jeff Daly Go to last post
4 153
rc2 upgrade from rc1 failed to boot by MrCoffee
been running rc1 since it came out and wanted to upgrade to rc2. i upgraded from xp pro to rc1 fine and had been running it for almost a month. some bugs but no major problems. now it gets almost done upgrading to rc2 and bsod's with a error message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL took out one of the graphics cards and still the same bsod. so i rolled it back until a fix is found? like i said before this...
October 9th 06 04:54 PM
by MrCoffee Go to last post
2 178
upgrade by ambi
Hello, I have an RC1 with product key. Is there a way to upgrade to RC2 with the existing key and without having to reinstall the system, or only clean install will do? Thanx for the answer.
October 9th 06 04:32 PM
by Theo Go to last post
2 233
Ok to upgrade RC1 to RC2? by Kevin L. Kitchens
Is it acceptable to simply upgrade RC1 to RC2 instead of doing a new install?
October 9th 06 04:14 PM
by Brett Peterson Go to last post
9 310
Remote client rdp file settings supported by David Lloyd
Does anyone have a complete listing of the supported settings for the RDP file of the new remote desktop client. Trying to get through htem through trial and error but not havign much luck with settings such as span. Somewhere detailed the setting span:i:1 for this one but this has not materialised. Thought that maybe 'span monitors:i:1' may be ok as span monitors got a hit in the the hex...
October 9th 06 04:09 PM
by David Lloyd Go to last post
0 185
RC2 & Mobility Radeon 7500 Driver by xene
I just installed a clean copy of RC2 on my laptop that has a Mobility Radeon 7500 vid card. When I originally installed RC1 I was able to get the proper driver from Windows Update, but not with RC2. I've tried to update from Standard VGA several times, but Vista thinks that I already have the best driver (and maybe I do). Unfortunately, I don't have Sleep mode now (just hibernate) and the...
October 9th 06 03:50 PM
by xene Go to last post
0 157
AC97 / ASUS K8V-MX by QBIG
Isn't it annoying... Installed Vista and no Sound? It seems to be very easy to install your 5.1 Audio up and running... on an ASUS K8V-MX motherboard. All you need is your supplied CD: Insert the cd. Open Device Manager and locate the Realtek thingy Rightclick it.
October 9th 06 03:48 PM
by Ben Salisbury Go to last post
3 204
RC1 install success by Ben Salisbury
Got my DVD's in the mail and decided to do a Fresh install. (Only doing the 32 bit....one of these days I'll actually make the move to 64...but not enough funds right now) Total Time for setup: 38 minutes Performance rating 3.3 System Specs 40 Gig Maxtor 5400RPM Mach Speed VDB400 MoBo (Onboard Realtech LAN) Athlon XP 2400 CPU
October 9th 06 03:43 PM
by Ben Salisbury Go to last post
0 148
DVD Burner by Charlie
I need a good DVD burning application. I also need it to be free. What would you recommend, and where can I download it? I'm ready to install Vista RC1, but I need to burn the ISO image of the install onto DVD.
October 9th 06 02:14 PM
by Theo Go to last post

From The