Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Rebuilding Start menu by ChrisG[_2_]
A "friend" sat in front of my PC and tried to do me a favor, by running a "free" Registry fix software program. It took me a while to delete this program, but now I've discovered a problem. My Start menu now has missing items, for instance the Games category, no longer shows the games that once were there. I've looked for a restore point, prior to my "friends" intervention, but it does not...
April 1st 09 04:49 PM
by Mike Torello Go to last post
4 283
windows PE e Firefox Portable 3.x.x by Mazzaroc
HI I put in a USB stick, Portable Firefox 3.xx. I started Windows PE 2.1, suitable to work with 64-bit operating systems, and I tried to start Firefox Portable writing, from the directory of that program, the command FirefoxPortable.exe but the shell of Windows PE writes "Could not execute the specified program ". Why?
April 1st 09 02:45 PM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 197
Help regarding vista system restore. by ella1234
Hello, Basically I was having trouble with my laptop, keept getting error messgaes and the vista screen did not show up, after I installed a program which cleaned out my registries. So I got the error message c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop refers to a location that is unavailable.it could be on a hard drive on this computer.or on a network. check to make sure that...
April 1st 09 12:31 PM
by ella1234 Go to last post
0 297
windows vista installation problem by ashleylove
Here's the problem. I tried installing windows vista home premium because my computer was getting slower. I put in the CD in the driver, followed all the steps and it froze when it was "completing installation". So I restarted my computer because the mouse wouldn't move. Then when the computer started up again, an error popped up saying that windows installation was not completed. I restarted it...
April 1st 09 11:44 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 253
How - Set up a R/W folder in a Vista operated Laptop for home network by User66
From our Laptop (running Vista), in our Home Network (wired), we can find all PCs under NetBIOS group list (although PCs are using XP Pro). From the Laptop we can view other PCs network drives and folders, and get files and folders transferred. We made sure that one folder in the Laptop has permissions to view and read/write. But none of the other PCs can enter the Laptop, although they...
April 1st 09 07:01 AM
by User66 Go to last post
0 228
Vista 64 Download from Microsoft Store by Rossco
I am running win xp 32 and downloaded vista 64 from the microsoft store. I have 3 files, Vista_HomePremium_SP1_64bit_English_Upgrade_Download_Part1_66I-01937.exe install.wim boot.wim running the .exe file creates and populates a folder called 'Vista' then results in the following error,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 1st 09 04:21 AM
by Jdr Go to last post
14 496
Can't Install Vista 64bit by TheBarbarian
I tried to boot from the DVD to install Windows Vista 64bit. I get past the press any key to boot from CD or DVD then the loading Vista files screen and it gets to some screen where the colors are solid white gray and blue. I see my mouse pointer but other then that just the colors. No windows nothing.
March 31st 09 07:26 PM
by mistory mage Go to last post
4 282
Solution from Search-and-destroy. by Omar123
If you own a computer, you must have antispyware to keep it running at its best. The problem is choosing a scan that works. I have tried many different types of scans in the past and then I ran across Search-and-destroy Antispyware. I have to say that the antispyware solution from Search-and-destroy is the best that I have used to date. It gets the job done and keeps my computer working like new....
March 31st 09 05:12 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 250
Vista Re-installation Problem .. plz help by AiMmKo
Hi everyone .. i bought a Toshiba laptop almost 18 months ago .. with windows Vista Home Premium operating system .. it was working fine till the day i decided to downgrade it to winxp .. i managed to do that through a friend .. it worked fine for a week and then started giving me problems and slowing down .. really slowing down in start up .. well .. and slow response of the programmes...
March 31st 09 03:06 AM
by AiMmKo Go to last post
0 223
Windows Vista Ultimate question by eyeownu
Hi, im tryn to rebrand my windows vista install. i have located one image resource in the dir SOURCES\SPWIZIMG.DLL on my windows vista CD. I have changed the resource underneath BITMAP\517\1033 and I was wondering if their are any other dll files with bitmap because when I run the install the windows vista background shows for a moment then my background shows. So, assuming I have to edit another...
March 31st 09 01:43 AM
by eyeownu Go to last post
0 221
Vista won't install by mightymutt
I've built my own system using a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6, Intel Q9550, 4G Mushkin RAM, Radeon 4870, 3 Seagate 250 G in RAID 5 and and LG DVD burner. Initially everything went fine. After I was up and running I installed a wireless adapter. My system became very unstable and I made things worse by trying to uninstalling the wireless software. So I decided to do a clean install of Vista. When I got to...
March 30th 09 11:48 PM
by mightymutt Go to last post
0 221
w32tm Not Working with WinPE by Taco Bell
With the WinPE from Vista (a.k.a. 2.0), I've tried adding w32tm.exe and any possible dependencies, but I'm still unable to get results. Running any form of the command (e.g. w32tm /?, w32tm /tz, etc.) quickly returns and produces no output. Registering the EXE and starting the time service also no effect. I would like to use this program to troubleshoot the time settings under WinPE (e.g....
March 30th 09 05:44 PM
by Taco Bell Go to last post
0 223
Only boots into safe mode by merkat106
I have a computer I can only boot into safe mode. I recently rebuilt a cannabolized HP computer and I cannot boot the machine into windows. I have tried three different, working, hard drives on it, but have had no luck. One of the drives is the original to the machine and runs Vista Ultimate 32bit. Vista booted suceessfully prior to the cannabolization. The second hard drive runs XP Home and...
March 30th 09 04:39 AM
by Night Hawk Go to last post
4 309
Installation never completes (Vista Ul 32bit) by Amnesty
The progress halts 3/4s of the way through the installation on this new computer. A few screens after you you select you select the drive to install it on, where it says: Copying Files Expanding Files Checking Devices Compleating Installation And it has a progress bar at the bottom. it gets to the compleating installation, about 3/4s of the way through
March 30th 09 12:18 AM
by Mattwm Go to last post
2 220
Repair Vista using SP1? by Sage - John Leonard[_2_]
Can you repair the Vista OS, by using the SP1? or Do you have to use the original DVD?
March 29th 09 02:12 PM
by Sage - John Leonard[_2_] Go to last post
2 253
premium to premium-Polish to English ? by lolok
The facts....Moved here to Warsaw for work but old faithful PC died on the way. Bought new HP pc loaded with Premium 32bit but of course Polish language. The questions... If I buy a new English language 'UPGRADE' PREMIUM,will it work as an upgrade to replace the Polish or do I have to do a clean install and lose all the drivers for Video card/DVD writer,etc.... Not very PC savvy on the tech side...
March 29th 09 11:13 AM
by sangatsu Go to last post
5 323
Can't open Users_Recovered Folder after a Partial Recovey by Roza
Hi to everyone here I have a Problem in the recovered files first I had a problem in the start up files so the laptop ask to do a recovery and I chose a partial Recovery ( was written that all ur files will be recovered in the folder (Users_Recovered) in C Drive ( which I only have ) ) so I made that recovery
March 29th 09 07:17 AM
by Roza Go to last post
1 260
reinstalling vista with oem recovery drive by guic[_2_]
Hi, I want to format my vista to reinstall it with my recovery drive. Here`s the question when i bought my pc i made 3 other partition on my hard drive. If i reinstall with the recovery drive will it reset my partition and put it back has one hard drive? Thank in advance. Guic --
March 29th 09 07:15 AM
by Mike Torello Go to last post
4 279
Installation problems in Vista 64 by rbeidl
I am having repeated problems with a new Toshiba Laptop that, regrettably, has Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.:mad: The computer is so new that I am still in the process of installing all of my applications and tools. I finished installing Office 2007 and then came the problems. NOTHING would install. For example, I triied to install the 64-bit version of iTunes and it started, asked if I...
March 29th 09 05:04 AM
by Buck[_2_] Go to last post
1 363
Trying to install vista and getting blue error screen plase help! by alexR
can someone please help it would be deeply appreciated ! i just finished my new build and was quite happy that my vista home premium 64 bit came in today i went to install it and everything seemed to be going well it was booting up and then all of a sudden a blue error screen pops up this is what it said: the bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.please contact your system vendor for...
March 29th 09 04:49 AM
by merkat106 Go to last post

From The