Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
XP & Vista Boots by snakeBR6
Hi all, I have an HP/Compaq Presario SR1000T(Custom Ordered/Build) 1GB ram, 128MB ATI-Radeon 9600SE Video, two 40GB HD's; C;(seagate-STA 340015A) D;(Maxtor DiamondMax Plus), I have winXP Pro installed on (C); and had ready the (D); drive for Vista Ultimate RC1 Build 5600... The Install went GREAT! No errors during set-up. Set up found both my partitions & drives. Heres my question? I chose...
September 30th 06 09:12 PM
by snakeBR6 Go to last post
0 282
Nvidia 7950 GX2, P5W DH Deluxe, Vista 64 bit by 350
I have tried to instal Vista on my new computer. Asus P5W Dh Deluxe, Intel Core Duo, 4 GB Corsair DDR2 RAM, Gainward 7950 GX2. Unfortunately, I get to Vista installing files, to a dark Vista installation page, then the system reverts to booting Win XP Pro. From the research I have carried out, the problem seems to be with buggy drivers for the Nvidia 7950 Gx2 in Vista RC1. Please could...
September 30th 06 09:10 PM
by 350 Go to last post
0 259
Drivers for Nvidia 7950 GX2 by 350
I have tried to instal Vista on my new computer. Asus P5W Dh Deluxe, Intel Core Duo, 4 GB Corsair DDR2 RAM, Gainward 7950 GX2. Unfortunately, I get to Vista installing files, to a dark Vista installation page, then the system reverts to booting Win XP Pro. From the research I have carried out, the problem seems to be with buggy drivers for the Nvidia 7950 Gx2 in Vista RC1. Please could...
September 30th 06 09:09 PM
by 350 Go to last post
0 254
Scratched DVD on Arrival by Brandon McWhirter
Hello, I recieved my DVDs in the mail and popped it in and booted off it to do a clean install... it started the install and sat at Expanding Files (0%)... for a while then finally said that the installer failed... i popped the DVD out and the bottom of the DVD is all scratched up... is there a way I can contact Microsoft to get a replacement DVD?
September 30th 06 08:56 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
1 242
"Required driver could not be installed" message preventing beta 2 by Keith T.
I am unable to upgrade from Vista Beta 2 to RC1 because of the following error message that cancels the install: Windows installation cannot continue because a required driver could not be installed. I have done everything from unplugging all USB devices and physicially removing all unnecessary PCI cards with no success. Any thoughts?
September 30th 06 07:50 PM
by zanderqin Go to last post
1 238
upgrade from xp issues by JCGERLERO
the dvd won't let me upgrade from xp home... it says only a clean installation is possible as my os is written in a different language... any suggestions... i don't want a clean install... I know most of you prefer them but i do not... sugestions please! -- JCGERLERO
September 30th 06 07:47 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
7 249
Vista Advisor Stalled? by CaptCanada
I have tried several times to run the Vista RC1 Advisor, but each time it seems to "stall" in that it keeps scanning and not reporting back any findings, and this is after running for over 45mins. I have tried the beta advisor in the past, and it came back with it's findings in 4 mins. Any ideas.
September 30th 06 07:38 PM
by Anna Go to last post
1 217
Update Vista Beta 2 to RC1 won't work by no1hedberg
Hi I have a question hopefully you guys can help with. I'm Currently running Beta 2. I just received my RC1 DVDs for Microsoft. When I try to update install to RC1, I get beyond the point after entering product key and EULA It only offers the option of custom install. It says at the bottom of the window that Upgrade disabled. Upgrade only available for Windows xp, and windows vista. It...
September 30th 06 07:27 PM
by no1hedberg Go to last post
2 224
Install Vista (got problems then read this) by Anthony
Ive found a solution to installing RC1 on your computer first off burn the iso file as microsoft say on there instructions so they got that right so do that then load the dvd in your dvd drive and copy the whole contents of your burned dvd to a folder on ur desktop then copy all the files to ur dvd drive and then burn the dvd once burning has finished load the new cd and throw the old one...
September 30th 06 06:05 PM
by Anthony Go to last post
0 199
How To Install - Solution READ IF HAVING PROBLEMS!!! by Anthony
Ive found a solution to installing RC1 on your computer first off burn the iso file as microsoft say on there instructions so they got that right so do that then load the dvd in your dvd drive and copy the whole contents of your burned dvd to a folder on ur desktop then copy all the files to ur dvd drive and then burn the dvd once burning has finished load the new cd and throw the old one...
September 30th 06 06:05 PM
by Anthony Go to last post
0 196
How To Install - Solution READ IF HAVING PROBLEMS!!! by Anthony
Ive found a solution to installing RC1 on your computer first off burn the iso file as microsoft say on there instructions so they got that right so do that then load the dvd in your dvd drive and copy the whole contents of your burned dvd to a folder on ur desktop then copy all the files to ur dvd drive and then burn the dvd once burning has finished load the new cd and throw the old one...
September 30th 06 06:04 PM
by Anthony Go to last post
0 245
Vista RC1 won't start by CnMMack
Vista RC1 appeaars to load and install okay (Upgrade), however, on first startup it reboots after the screen with rolling yellow bar at the bottom and screen with "RC1 Bulild 5600" on the lower right. Reboots continuously until action taken to rollback to previous OS (XP). Unable to start in Safe Mode (or any other in menu).
September 30th 06 05:56 PM
by SBader7 Go to last post
5 216
Can not install RC1 in VirtualPC by bob
Just after entering the Product code I get an error stating it can not find D:\sources\instal.win error code:0x80070570. What do I do now?
September 30th 06 05:48 PM
by TKT Go to last post
5 227
Vista Install by Simon101
Installing Vista got to expanding files bit when this error happened: Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all the files reuired for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070017 Any Ideas??
September 30th 06 05:24 PM
by ghost in the machine Go to last post
2 231
MD5 string on build 5728 by J6
What does it mean if the MD5 and the Sha1 numbers are NOT the same on the ..iso file as they are on the 5728 download page. It seems that My numbers don't match the checksum numbers on the download page.....Thanks -- J6
September 30th 06 04:54 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 331
Outlook requires Outlook Express? by iliketofish
I upgraded to Vista and had Office XP Pro installed. Upon trying to open outlook, I have an error that says that Outlook requires Outlook Express from IE 5! Weird, I've been running IE7 since it came out under XP with no problems. Is there a way to solve this? I have looked all over Microsoft.com and found nothing on this issue so far.
September 30th 06 04:35 PM
by iliketofish Go to last post
0 195
Setup can cause a paranoid attack by Xibit
Hi all ...wow setup is nothing like XP ! Vista asks for the CD key before formatting the drive you want to install on causing a paranoid attack that its going to perform a clean install this must install on my D partition , C has XP & i cannot back up 50 gigs fater entering the CD Key ....will it find the XP OS & ask me where i want to install ??? peace Xibit
September 30th 06 04:11 PM
by Lee Go to last post
2 211
partition and vista set up question by Brad
hi all, i had a question if anyone can tell me if this is doable with my current configuration i have windows xp(sp2) home on my c: drive (cdrom's are d: and e:) i have a empty f: drive where i hold my data (that i have backed up) i installed a clean install of vista RC1(5600) on my g: drive i want to install build 5728 on to the f: drive clean, so i have a triple boot? then maybe after...
September 30th 06 02:44 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post
3 199
WINDOWS VISTA RC1 WILL NOT DOWNLOAD!!! by Tristan Martin
Hello There, My Name is Tristan Martin and i have been trying to download the windows VISTA RC1 download from your preview website. When i download it using the download manager the download gets to 99% complete and then comes up with an error message saying "Network Error, cannot download the download manager cannot make a network connection. check connections and try again. i have done...
September 30th 06 02:32 PM
by Morbius Go to last post
4 192
Vista Installation by Simon 101
Installing Vista got to expanding files bit when this error happened: Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all the files reuired for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070017 Any Ideas??
September 30th 06 01:52 PM
by y3k Go to last post

From The