Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
rollback from windows.old by phil812k1
I reinstalled my windows vista home premium 32-bit on my computer but decided to go back to my old installation. I followed the directions at 'How to restore a computer to a previous Windows installation after you install Windows Vista' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933168) to restore my old OS, and it seemed to work, but at the logon screen, i ended up with a "The User Profile Service failed...
March 29th 09 02:52 AM
by phil812k1 Go to last post
0 199
Can't access emachines T5062 recovery partition by jimb11 via WindowsKB.com
I messed up my registry and had to reformat. I went to my recovery partition but could not use it. So I used my recovery dvd but the recovery manager was missing. So I just reinstall vista without any of the crap software that came with it. Now I don't mind not having any of that crap software on my computer but I don't like not having the recovery partition available. I thought that if I used...
March 28th 09 10:21 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
6 348
Group Policy Client Service won't Start by Brent Rogers[_2_]
I just installed a fresh VISTA on a new hard drive and when I start I get the following error, any Ideas? Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 23/03/2009 5:35:34 PM Event ID: 7000 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic
March 28th 09 07:49 PM
by Brent Rogers Go to last post
1 389
Downgrade Vista to XP on new PC by Dave McVittie
Greetings I am told that it is possible to downgrade from Vista to X I have found the drivers to do so Has anyone done this? Do I need to remove all programs and data that I have loaded under Vista first? Any thoughts on the matter appreciated Thanks -- David McVittie
March 28th 09 06:24 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
2 291
How to? Dual boot Vista x64 by r042wal
I have a computer with two 250Gb drives, Drive 0 and Drive 1. The computer has Vista x32 Business installed and the second drive is empty. I would like to install Vista Ultimate x64 on the second drive and have it dual-boot. It is critical that I do not lose Vista x32, at least not at the moment. What is the proper way to do this? Thanks,
March 28th 09 08:16 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 218
theultimatesteal by Dillon Farmer
Further to my posting some months ago about theultimatesteal (student promotion) and a Vista Ultimate upgrade, you may remember MS in its' T's & C's provided for a variety of qualifying operating systems. One of those was Win98. Leaving out the technical problems of upgrading via that path, MS has now changed its' T's & C's to exclude any OS's from which a direct upgrade is not...
March 28th 09 01:42 AM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
5 288
Troubles upgrading from Vista 32 til Vista 64 by Sune Holm
I´ve decided to upgrade til Vista 62 from Vista 32. When I use the 64 disk and launch setup the upgrade option is disabled - what can i do to upgrade and keep my files and settings? -- Sune Holm
March 27th 09 01:20 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 222
Snipping Tool does not work by YoKenny[_2_]
For some reason the Snipping Tool does not work now and a pop up window appears with a red X and OK to cancel and that is all.
March 27th 09 09:41 AM
by YoKenny[_2_] Go to last post
0 891
Vista install slow and will not complete by Spliiit
Hi, about a week ago I decided to do a clean install of Vista to replace my XP and Ubuntu. After formatting my drive and starting the installation I noticed an excessive load time by the Vista DVD, after the green bar appears and it says loading Windows I get the Vista background and from there it takes close to ten minutes to load the screen that asks you to select your region and language. This...
March 27th 09 06:32 AM
by winterapocalypse Go to last post
3 258
windows PE and internet Explorer by Mazzaroc
HI In winpe.wim file of Windows PE, there is also the Internet Explorer or not? If so, how do I start it? If not, how do I integrate it? THANKS
March 27th 09 01:01 AM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
1 189
Drive Specific Icon Colors by TDHeller
-I am running four HD drives on my system in Windows Vista 64 Ultimate SP2. - -When large directories or multiple drives are opened in Explorer it quickly becomes confusing which drive in the tree I am looking at. :confused:- -I am hoping to change sub-folder colors to identify each drive's directory and subs.:sarc:-
March 26th 09 08:18 PM
by TDHeller Go to last post
0 196
Running installed program by Mirs
I run a Vista PC with administration account. I'm also a programmer and I develop in a second PC. Whenever I install my own program in the Vista PC it works fine but if I copy&paste the files to the right folder it crashes with a GPE Can someone advice please? Regards Mirs
March 26th 09 09:20 AM
by Mirs Go to last post
0 152
User Acct.s, Downloaded software by Piedmont[_2_]
I'm trying to set up a new Vista PC and am confused about Admin. account and user acct.s, as far as for example, I downloaded Google Chrome while in Admin.account. It works and the short cuts are there but I cannot figure out how to get the shortcuts to the other user accounts, I did search and find the chrome.exe in, "C:\Master Account\AppData\Local\Google\Application\Chrome.exe." I then...
March 25th 09 11:35 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 206
scratch area of windows PE by Mazzaroc
HI What is the scratch area of windows PE? THANKS BYE
March 25th 09 06:32 PM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 183
Screen Saver Won't Come On (HID Non-User Input Data Filter Installed) by [email protected]
Hi, I've got a Dell E520 running Vista HP SP1, fully updated. I am using a Mircosoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000. My screen saver is set to come on at 15 minutes, but it won't come on. I've even installed the HID Non-User Input Data Filter. What can I try next? One more thing, why does my "Installed Updates" window show different updates than my "View Update History" window? I just...
March 25th 09 05:46 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 200
Blue Screen stop error: 0X000000F4 by Nicolas Macarez
My computer is running VISTA PRO. HP Pavilion PC a6167.fr with 3 GB RAM, etc. Every two or three days, I have a Blue Screen with this main info: Technical information: stop : 0X000000F4 (0X00000003, 0X87A7F020, 0X87A7F16C, 0X82644430) Any idea where it might comme from? Otherwise the machine is running fine. I was not able to copy and exploit
March 25th 09 05:35 PM
by Nicolas Macarez Go to last post
2 224
Cannot instalL Windowes Installer 4.5 by krlcon
Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 1500 with 4gb of Ram and 200 GB of free space. I have installed Vista Business 64, and added recommended patches. It also has Office 2007. I am trynig to install SQL server 2008 express. A prereq for this is the 4.5 installer. Whenever I run the install I get two messages: Setup Error, Not enough storage is available to process this command. Then "Installation did...
March 25th 09 03:03 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
3 226
Product Key cannot be validated!!!! by Emin IPEK
I had bought an HP 2133 when I was in Bahrain. When I first started up the computer, Vista Business started installing, probably from the Recovery partition. Anyway, I am in Turkey now and I upgraded mh harddisk and wanted to install Vista Business on the new harddisk. Underneath my computer there is an original Microsoft sticker for the product Key. During the Vista installation I typed this...
March 25th 09 02:53 PM
by Mark H[_2_] Go to last post
6 298
Vista 32 to Win 7 64-bit upgrade possible by BrianB
I have a customer that's asking if it will be able to perform an upgrade from a Vista 32-bit edition to Win 7 64-bit when it comes out? Or will it require a full installation? Brian
March 25th 09 12:58 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
1 160
Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript by [email protected]
Hi all, I just tried to install the Channel 4 on demand service 4oD on to my laptop running Windows Vista Home Basic. All going fine until I get this message during the install error 2739. could not access javascript run time for custom action Is there something I can do to fix whatever it is that is causing this?
March 24th 09 11:20 PM
by RayMiale Go to last post

From The