Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
installation freezes at green-blue backroung by eNtoS
Ive burnt the x64 version of the 5600 beta, but i cant install it :/ Everything works fine until the nice background comes... at which point i can see the windows hourglass briefly and after that nothing except for the background image. I have no clue as to what may be causing the problem... Here are my pc specifications: athlon 64 3500+ venice
September 8th 06 03:40 PM
by eNtoS Go to last post
0 277
installation freezes at green-blue backroung by eNtoS
Ive burnt the x64 version of the 5600 beta, but i cant install it :/ Everything works fine until the nice background comes... at which point i can see the windows hourglass briefly and after that nothing except for the background image. I have no clue as to what may be causing the problem... Here are my pc specifications: athlon 64 3500+ venice
September 8th 06 03:39 PM
by eNtoS Go to last post
0 399
Need Key by John
I got the email with the link for downloading but I never got the email with the key anybody know who to contact because the Customer service was not able to help.
September 8th 06 03:27 PM
by Consultant Go to last post
2 623
RC1 Cd Key Question by Eddie
Hi, I was part of the Beta 2 and received the key etc, according to the preview page I should have received an email from MS in early September but as yet have not. My question is simple, do I need a new Key or can I use the existing key i used for Beta 2 ? TIA
September 8th 06 03:07 PM
by Eddie Go to last post
1 364
Error while installing by DarsVaeda
hi, try to install rc1 64bit (german) on a Targa Visionary 811A. At the point "Updating..." i get the following error (german): "Die Offline-Gebietsschemainformationen konnten nicht festgelegt werden. Fehlercode: 0x80FE0000" which i translate as "the offline-region scheme information could not be set. errorcode: 0x80FE0000"
September 8th 06 01:47 PM
by DarsVaeda Go to last post
1 458
Never recieved downlaod link by Martin
I signed up for and downloaded Beta 2, but never recieved a link for RC1. Maybe this is beacuse I only activated Beta 2 yesterday. Could someone at Microsoft get me a download link? Thanks! Martin
September 8th 06 12:39 PM
by Suresh Go to last post
1 489
Partition error message in upgrade or clean install of RC1 by Bill Painter
I have been running Vista Beta 2 on a separate hard drive in a dual boot configuration with XP without any problems. When I try to upgrade to RC1 I get an error message that says, "Cannot locate the partition for installing windows" and the system does a rollback. This occurs after files are copied, gathered, etc. and I have received the same error message whether I choose to upgrade or...
September 8th 06 11:51 AM
by Bill Painter Go to last post
0 358
ASP.NET v1.1 app on Vista RC 1 by Sekhar
I have been trying to make the ASP.NET v1.1 application on Vista RC 1 for a long time now - in vein. I get this error message: ____________________________________________________________________ Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system...
September 8th 06 11:50 AM
by Sekhar Go to last post
3 635
RC1 is available on MSDN now by LaRoux
For those of you with subscriptions.
September 8th 06 10:30 AM
by Tony Hoyle Go to last post
3 494
0x000000EA - Can't complete Install by ADAM
I have been having this message now during the Pre-RC1 and now the RC1 releases keeping me from finishing my setup to Vista. During the Pre-RC1 I was using a partition on my main drive that had Win XP on it and I planned to dual boot. Tried reinstalling several times with no luck everytime the same error, tried the instal from within XP and also by booting from the CD. Now with the release...
September 8th 06 10:14 AM
by Ron Rector Go to last post
2 557
Error while installing by DarsVaeda
hi, try to install rc1 64bit (german) on a Targa Visionary 811A. At the point "Updating..." i get the following error (german): "Die Offline-Gebietsschemainformationen konnten nicht festgelegt werden. Fehlercode: 0x80FE0000" which i translate as "the offline-region scheme information could not be set. errorcode: 0x80FE0000"
September 8th 06 06:37 AM
by DarsVaeda Go to last post
0 630
Product Key by Consultant
You and me are both in the same boat. -- IT Manager "IT Consultant" wrote: I also was sent product keys that don't work from Microsoft. Can someone help me with this.
September 8th 06 05:31 AM
by Consultant Go to last post
0 499
Didn't recieve download link by Martin
I signed up for and downloaded Beta 2, but never recieved a link for RC1. Maybe this is beacuse I only activated Beta 2 yesterday. Could someone at Microsoft get me a download link? Thanks! Martin
September 8th 06 04:17 AM
by Martin Go to last post
0 503
how many times the cd-key i can used by cd-key
how many times the cd-key i can used?
September 8th 06 04:16 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 523
rc1 iso by Ben
I downloaded the rc1 iso file and since I am running vista beta 2 I have no software which can extract and burn the files to a dvd disc. Also, when I downloaded the file using download manager, I notice file size is 907 bytes or some such small number. I got the impression from MS that the file was huge. What am I doing wrong? In the past I used nero to do this, but nero does not work with...
September 8th 06 02:32 AM
by Keith Go to last post
2 553
RC1 install problem: Disk does not meet the criteria to install vi by Tim
I have a dual boot system with winXP pro and Vista beta2. Both installed on my 120 GB maxtor DM8 S-ata disk attached to my Silicon Image onboard RAID controller on my ASUS A7n8x deluxe rev 2.0 mainboard. I want to install RC1 on the partition with the beta2 installed on it. During the installating I use the same external RAID controller drivers that I used for beta2. It detects my harddrives...
September 8th 06 01:24 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
2 512
Upgrading from Beta 2 by Compugeek
I just downloaded and burned Vista RC1, but the installer won't let me do anything because my computer supposedly doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Funny thing is, I am currently running Beta 2 on the same computer, and it runs fine. Is there any way to trick the installer to skip the system hardware check before installing? Or did I just burn myself a new coaster?
September 7th 06 11:49 PM
by Compugeek Go to last post
0 505
0x000000EA - Can't complete setup by ADAM
I have been having this message now during the Pre-RC1 and now the RC1 releases keeping me from finishing my setup to Vista. During the Pre-RC1 I was using a partition on my main drive that had Win XP on it and I planned to dual boot. Tried reinstalling several times with no luck everytime the same error, tried the instal from within XP and also by booting from the CD. Now with the release...
September 7th 06 10:12 PM
by ADAM Go to last post
0 475
vista beta 2 cant boot....and now RC1 by Salamat
No change with RC1 on a Tectra A4 :-( Salamat "DenisJ" wrote: Same problem here ... toshiba m40 ... don't boot after install Is there some news of how to install it pls ? Thanks DenisJ
September 7th 06 09:53 PM
by Salamat Go to last post
0 473
RC1: driver for Intel D975XBX Matrix Raid? by Peter Meinl
Does RC1 come with 64-Bit drivers for the Intel D975XBX ICH7-R Matrix Raid? If not: Are the XP x64 drivers compatible?
September 7th 06 09:24 PM
by Peter Meinl Go to last post

From The