Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
No product key was given to me at link for first 100,000? by JonnyBlaze
I frequent the site hardocp.com. One of their news articles directed readers to microsoft's site to be one of the first 100,000 people to download the new beta. I proceeded to the site, I downloaded the iso. I found it very odd, at the time that no key was found nor did it mention it. I concluded that maybe a key just wasn't necessary for the beta. I burned the iso, rebooted,...
September 6th 06 02:06 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
7 441
Installation Key by ijaen
Any way to retrieve the key? Those of us that registered should be able to retrieve that info... "Colin Barnhorst" wrote: The Product ID (PID) is not the Product Key. There is nothing on the Welcome Center/More Details that reveals the Product Key or permits requesting a new one. There is a link for entering a new Product Key if the user has received one.
September 6th 06 01:37 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 528
Vista won't install by Ian
Hi, i've tried beta2 of vists, the cp build and the rc1 but can never get it to install. I have a decent system spec and the upgrade advisor says my pc is fine. im using an amd64 1gig ram 512mb 7800gt 200gb (not sata) WinFast PX6200 tctdh main board
September 6th 06 12:25 AM
by Ian Go to last post
4 527
Vista install failure by kenkun
I tried to install Vista 5536 and 5552, and everything were fine until last step "Completing installion." It suddenly showed blue screen about 1 or 2 sec, then keep rebooting. I already tried couple times, it just repeat same thing all the time. Please help me. Cpu: intel core 2 E6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Video Card: Nvidia 7900GT Ram: 1G HDD: Seagate 500G SATA
September 5th 06 11:58 PM
by Zorn Go to last post
4 855
Internet and Network Problems by Hooter
Installed Vista Beta 2 Build 5384 on my desktop in a separate partiton. It installed perfectly and ran perfectly including recognizing my internet connection and wireless network. I then received an invitation to download and install Build 5536 RC1. I did this and had trouble getting my network and internet connection recognized. I have cable broadband connected to a router with two other...
September 5th 06 09:34 PM
by Hooter Go to last post
1 554
Product Key not given in e-mail?? by dougwesson
I have read messages in this forum for product keys given in e-mails from Microsoft after downloading Vista. I have never received any e-mails from Microsoft containing the product key. I just downloaded the RC1 DVD from the website then installed the OS. It asked for a key, but I never got one. Do I have to send them 10$ or is their a way to find out if the product key got "lost in the...
September 5th 06 08:54 PM
by Paula Go to last post
4 523
Nero 7 not compatible with Vista? Install crashes. by Alex
I tried installing Nero 7 Ultra 7.2.7.2 and it kept crashing during installation, I could uninstall it from the menu and found that Alt-Ctrl-Del into the Task Manager and Ending the Task for "Microsoft Windows" (error installing screen") allowed the installation to go furthur, but it eventually gave me an error and closed the installation. Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to...
September 5th 06 08:27 PM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
3 542
Reinstallation on the same computer by Brian Lew
I know the Beta 2 can be installed on up to 10 computers, I just wanted to make su does reinstallation on the same computer (and activation/registration) count toward the 10 uses?
September 5th 06 06:20 PM
by Brian Lew Go to last post
2 516
RC 5600 using DVD LG 4167B missing CD/DVD drive device by hp
Hi, Issue on install RC1 x64: - keyboard change will be shown - it comes with "A required CD/DVD drive device is missing" the an option to browse for folder .... while reading the installation DVD fails and then requires a specific device driver...
September 5th 06 04:44 PM
by hp Go to last post
3 488
install with xp media center keyboard by Sihaz
interesting glitch here - tried installing pre-rc1 on my media center which has the official remote keyboard from ms (the one with the built in track pad thingy and works via the ir box). it's not recognised by the install routine so you have to plug in a normal keyboard while installing....... ho hum!
September 5th 06 12:54 PM
by Sihaz Go to last post
0 497
WAIK for Vista? by RJ
Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) Where or where can one get the WAIK for Vista (BETA 2 and/or RC1)? MS's Vista site for Deployment has all kinds of info about it, except where to actually get it (unless you are a corporate customer - what about small businesses, educational institutions, etc.?). Does anyone know?
September 5th 06 12:41 PM
by RJ Go to last post
0 530
Restoring Win XP Boot Manager? by Andrew Fiddian-Green
a) How to restore a PC to using the "old" Windows XP boot manager? b) Or how to edit the Vista boot manager options if Vista has been removed?
September 5th 06 12:34 PM
by RJ Go to last post
4 518
RC1 install stability problems by Tim_Mac
hi just tried to install RC1 and i experienced the same random crashes as i did when installing Beta2, which only installed properly after about 10 attempts. i have no stability problems with XP on the same system. with RC1 my install usually crashes in the expanding files stage, sometimes even before the first reboot, while i'm in XP doing a clean install onto a new partition. also tried...
September 5th 06 07:54 AM
by Tim_Mac Go to last post
8 459
SendTo folder by JCO
Running Vista 32 (Pre-RC1) How do I access this folder? I typically put other shortcuts in this folder so that I can right click a file and send it to the destination that I have customized. This was working for the previous release. After upgrading to RC1, I get an error telling me that this folder does not exist. I've tried logging in as Administrator, but get the same results. Thanks
September 4th 06 11:01 PM
by JCO Go to last post
0 503
Can't install Vista by Valery
There is another way if you want to do clean install: Go to FSC web-site (support/download) and download RAID driver into a Flash Drive. During install use "load drivers" button to load a disk driver from your Flash. The disk should appear. Proceed as instructed with your installation. Worked for me :-) Valery
September 4th 06 07:36 PM
by Valery Go to last post
0 483
LCD Monitor Refresh Rate Problem by Zak Humphries
Hi All, I wonder if anyone can help. I am unable to set my widescreen monitor to 1680x1050, the option is available but only with a refresh rate of 75Hz which it cant do. At lower resolutions the 60Hz option shows up. I have tried this with both the microsoft driver, and the nvidia driver, also with the generic plug and play monitor, and a windows xp inf for my monitor. Any ideas? Cheers
September 4th 06 06:55 PM
by Zak Humphries Go to last post
0 526
RC-1 to New Vista by Roy Coorne
Franklin schrieb: Can I upgrade from rc-1 to the new Vista without doing a clean install? You can, you may, but you shouldn't...;-) IOW, it is not recommended by MS.
September 4th 06 06:11 PM
by Franklin Go to last post
2 489
Live Messenger with Windows Vista by Bless
Hello First, I'm french, so sorry for my english which might be not perfect. However, I've tried the Pre-RC1 and also tried the first BETA, and I always encounter the same problem. MSN, or Live Messenger can not start, and I wonder why. It tells me that I Am behind a firewall, or it isn't right. I've already installed on the same computer, a version of Windows XP Home Edition SP2 and it...
September 4th 06 05:56 PM
by Bless Go to last post
0 479
YAIP (Yet Another Install Problem) by Tom Lake
I'm trying to do an update to an XP Pro box. I downloaded the pre-RC-1 from my MSDN account. The Hash code agrees with the one displayed by MS. I tried burning the DVD from three different programs and all said the burn verified properly after the ISO was converted and DVD burned. All the DVD's I created do the same thing. The "Collecting Information" section goes OK but the "Installing...
September 4th 06 03:22 PM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
0 500
WINPE 2.0 & RC1 cannot be installed by neo [mvp outlook]
Tried following the diskpart instructions on Microsoft website to prep a laptop for Bitlocker and I'm unable to install. The error message when picking the "C" volume that has 50GB of space is "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation". Now before anyone asks, yes, both "C" and "S" volumes are NTFS formatted. The only wild card is that this laptop...
September 4th 06 02:25 PM
by neo [mvp outlook] Go to last post

From The