Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
installation on Toshiba M400 by AF
Hello, I am tring to install Vista on my new M400. After the firt reboot, I have a blue screen with an disk error. I made all control on disk, all seems OK. Have you a solution ?
September 4th 06 01:51 PM
by Jay Go to last post
1 621
Setting a proxy using netsh by Simon
Hi all I am trying to set a system proxy in vista by using the follwing command netsh winhttp set proxy : It always comes back with 'Error writing proxy settings. (5) access is denied.' I have also tried but get the same message.
September 4th 06 12:16 PM
by Simon Go to last post
0 2,666
Vista Pre-RC1 uninstall by cgmartin85
Hello I was wondering how I would go about uninstalling vista beta. I have it on a seperate partition from xp and I am running in dual boot. Last time i uninstalled the previous beta (by formatting the partition it was on) it still gave me the option to boot vista, and evenutally I had to reinstall xp because it was causing problems. Are there any files vista puts on your xp partition? Or...
September 4th 06 11:14 AM
by Roberto Baggio Go to last post
1 598
Internal sound is woring but no way to use headphones (no sound) by PierreDa
Hi there, I use Vista Pre-RC1 and installed it without problem. Working fine right now. I have just a problem with external sound. As my internal sound and speakers works well, I can't have sound on my jack where I can connect external speakers or headphones ... NO WAY !! Any solutions will be welcom ...
September 4th 06 10:34 AM
by PierreDa Go to last post
0 603
Internal Sound is working but no sound for headphones by PierreDa
Hi there, I use Vista Pre-RC1 and installed it without problem. Working fine right now. I have just a problem with external sound. As my internal sound and speakers works well, I can't have sound on my jack where I can connect external speakers or headphones ... NO WAY !! Any solutions will be welcom ...
September 4th 06 10:29 AM
by PierreDa Go to last post
0 549
Internal Sound is working but no sound for headphones by PierreDa
Hi there, I use Vista Pre-RC1 and installed it without problem. Working fine right now. I have just a problem with external sound. As my internal sound and speakers works well, I can't have sound on my jack where I can connect external speakers or headphones ... NO WAY !! Any solutions will be welcom ...
September 4th 06 10:28 AM
by PierreDa Go to last post
0 528
Upgrade Check incorrectly reports McAfee exists and cancels upgrad by Jeff K
On build 5384 upgrading to RC1, the upgrade compatibility check incorrectly reports that McAfee Internet Security and McAfee firewall are installed and are not compatible. It requires me to remove them so it only exits the upgrade when I okay the message. McAfee is not installed (nor is any other antivirus software) and it hasn't ever been installed. I search the machine for mcafee as well...
September 4th 06 08:14 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
3 561
Head's Up on Windows MSN Live WRITER--Try it now!! by Lang Murphy
Heh, heh, heh... yeah, SPAM would be hammering the Vista.General NG with whining rants about how MS sucks because they didn't give you the latest Vista drop... Can't imagine who did THAT! Lang "Chad Harris" wrote in message ...
September 4th 06 05:43 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
0 611
Messenger by Jane C
Neither Windows Live Messenger nor MSN Messenger are included in Vista. You would have to download and install whichever one you prefer. -- Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :) Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;) "Daryl Nish" wrote in message ... Does anybody know if Windows Live or Messenger is...
September 4th 06 01:56 AM
by Daryl Nish Go to last post
1 586
What is the pre-RC1 build number? Will it upgrade x86 RC-2? THANKS by Tombo
What is the pre-RC1 build number? Will it upgrade x86 RC-2? I didn't see any options at download, and my install final boot leaves me with a rasterized display. RC-2 loads/reloads fine always. Tom
September 3rd 06 09:37 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
1 498
Vista Won't Install -- HELP! by techie101
I just downloaded the iso file and burned it onto a DVD. When I inserted the DVD Vista refused to install. It said that "Setup can't determine whether your version of windows is supported" or something similar to that. Then the setup program just shuts down. I'm running Windows XP Home w/SP2, 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 w/HT technology, 512 MB RAM, and integrated video (yeah, I can't do the graphics...
September 3rd 06 07:55 PM
by techie101 Go to last post
5 509
vista install problem by mr boo
i cant install vista on my uli sata controller as it wont find the driver 99% of the time i get load driver from DVD/CD blablabla :(
September 3rd 06 07:38 PM
by mr boo Go to last post
0 525
missing driver when trying to install vista 32bit & with x64 on ul by mr boo
i get a missing driver for my uli sata controller but i worked fine first time i tryd to install rc1, but not the secound, i get the same problem with PATA controller on same system
September 3rd 06 07:28 PM
by mr boo Go to last post
0 554
Can you upgrade Pre-RC1 to RC1 ? by Alex Baird
Also is the windows mobile device center working in RC1? It was not in the Pre-RC1... -Alex-
September 3rd 06 06:17 PM
by pipsqueek Go to last post
1 542
I am using Windows Vista Beta2, But... by John
I am using Windows Vista Beta2, but it has problem of Internet Explorer 7. How do I get the problem??
September 3rd 06 04:38 PM
by Corey Go to last post
1 538
Pre-RC1 Matrox P650 no dual-monitor? by Peter Meinl
Does anyone know how to get a second monitor working? Vista did install a Matrox driver. "Display Settings" only shows one monitor.
September 3rd 06 01:52 PM
by Le_Poilu Go to last post
1 535
Vista won't install !!! by mr.m.
Hello, I tried to install Beta2 but id didn't worked and I gave up, yesterday I downloaded RC1 hoping that the problems resolved, but it is not installed either. I have; Pentium 3GHz
September 3rd 06 12:35 PM
by Ted F Go to last post
1 543
Antivirus fo Pre-RC1: BSOD installing AVG, avast not working, PC-Cillin OK by Peter Meinl
I got a blue screen when installing AVG antivirus trial. Cannot use avast because of a known problem with is said to be fixed in RC1. PC-cillin seems to work. Only hat to reenable the Vista firewall which PC-cillin setup did disable even though I selected minimum install (without their firewall).
September 3rd 06 11:26 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 517
VISTA WON'T INSTALL !!! by mr.m.
my system; PentiumIV-3GHz ASUS P5GD2 (intel chipset) mainboard, 90GB Samsung IDE HDD (clean, empty) 1 GB DDR2 Memory ATI Radeon X1300 Graphic Card I burned the ISO file on a DVD and try to make a clean install, it comes to a point (a blue curtain wallpaper) I see the cursor and I can move it but it
September 3rd 06 06:52 AM
by mr.m. Go to last post
0 529
Reformatting hard drive....Password won't work by Mr. Ed
I have read many of the other posts regarding reformatting the hard drive with windows. It's soooo easy.....but. I have windows xp home. I boot with the windows disk, wait for the drivers to load, then press "r" to enter the recovery console where I am asked to log on to the appropriate system. I type "1" (the only option given) and then I am prompted to enter my administrator...
September 3rd 06 04:39 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post

From The