Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Intel Video drivers Keep Trying to Instal when.................. by Mike
I do not even use the onboard drivers. I am using a Nvidia GE Force graphics card and the drivers loaded fine and work fantastic. My question is, how can I keep the stupid Intel video drivers from trying to load everytime I start up Vista? Thanks for any body's help with this.
September 1st 06 08:10 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 550
How do I get a CD Key? by lovebaseball90
can you email me the product key because I lost mine and now I cannot install vista. the email i had i deleted stupidly and by forwarding the email, I would be in utmost gratitude. Paypal may even come into play. "Mark D. VandenBerg" wrote: "Suad" wrote: Mark can u forward me that mail too?
September 1st 06 07:56 PM
by Dave B. Go to last post
2 545
Pre -RC1 Hell by Ben
I am Mad. I tried and tried and tried to download the vista pre-rc1 and was never able to do so. Using the Microsoft recommended DownLoad Manager (DLM), the utility only download 907 bytes in one instance, 721 bytes in another instance, and 0 bytes in still another instance. The DLM utility took abot 10 seconds to download these files and them it stop, with no indication that anything else...
September 1st 06 05:39 PM
by touchy2k Go to last post
4 657
Duel Boot Issue Not Yet Discussed by Spirefm
I have installed Vista on top of a dual boot system, so now I've got a triple boot system - XP Home English; XP Pro Spanish and Vista English. Eventually - when Norton & Nero catch up with Vista - I hope to have just 2 versions of Vista - English and Spanish. The boot arrangement is actually 'Vista or Previous'. Choosing previous takes me to the Home/Pro choice. It works OK
September 1st 06 02:43 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post
0 540
Installing Vista Beta (5384) fails by Elimination
- Installing Vista x86 under XP x86: After copying and unpacking it makes it's (first) reboot. After displaying the bootmanager menu it automaticly picks Vista setup. Screen goes black and "ticks" (as in switching resolution probably) and there is some HDD usage for a couple of seconds (it doesn't spin the cd drive up). Few seconds later it reboots. This results in the same loop. -...
September 1st 06 02:25 PM
by Elimination Go to last post
5 614
starting vista by kk
hi after i had installed vista beta 2 i had to install windows xp sp2 for some reason but after that vista is not starting i also tried startup recovery from visa dvd but it failed. what should i do to start vista again without reinstalling it
September 1st 06 01:48 PM
by Mike Bernstein Go to last post
4 513
AGP video installs as PCI - has problems by fiero850
Pre-RC1 found my ATI 9800 Pro and installed it as PCI...but it is AGP. Now Vista says the video has problems that need to be corrected. How can I get Vista to recognize the AGP card? Vista did not recognize my Turtle Beach sound card so I have no sound. How can I get Vista to find the sound card? So, with the wrong video type and no sound, I can't do much with this version of Vista...
September 1st 06 01:19 PM
by fiero850 Go to last post
0 549
AGP video listed as PCI "with problems" by fiero850
Pre-RC1 install found my ATI 9800 PRO video card but Vista installed it as a PCI - but it is an AGP. Now Vista says the system has problems because of this. How can I correct this problem and force AGP? Also, Pre-RC1 does not recognize my Turtle Beach sound card so I have no sound. So, with no advanced video and no sound I can't load and test much... Regards,
September 1st 06 01:11 PM
by fiero850 Go to last post
0 520
Cannot install pre-release candidate 1 by BenW
Have Beta version of Vista installed. When I attempt to install the pre-release candidate 1 -- even in safe mode -- I receive error that files are missing or corrupt and installation cannot continue. Error code 0x8007246 (I think that's the right code). The same disk installed successfully on a clean hard drive on a separate computer I own. So, I know the disk is good. Disabled antivirus....
September 1st 06 11:59 AM
by Gary MCSE Go to last post
5 592
INSTALLATION SUCCEEDED BEAUTIFULLY! READ DETAILS INSIDE by Jerky
Ok now that your looking :\ Hello. I attempted to install Vista Pre-RC1 Build 5536 on my computer: ACPI Uniprocessor PC AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.40GHZ 1gb of Ram NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE 1024x768 32bit 60Hz Realtek AC'97 Audio ----------------------------------------------------------
September 1st 06 10:18 AM
by Jerky Go to last post
3 505
error 0x80070570 by MyDisplayNameisG
installed on freshly low level formatted drive. image burn "done successfully" on nero 7, but NUMEROUS errors on "verify data" post-burn scan. suspecting corrupt image - microsoft, please give me a new download :(
September 1st 06 03:42 AM
by Edwin E. Smith Go to last post
3 795
pre-rc1 install stopage by Charles T
-- Charles T. Simonson
September 1st 06 12:50 AM
by Charles T Go to last post
0 496
Pre-rc1 Install stops by Charles T
I was invited to download pre-rc1. Downloaded but I didn't check the md5 sum. Try to install and it gets to the first reboot and stops. Tried on 2 different machines. still locks up. all I get is a cursor pointed that the mouse will move and is stops there. I checked the md5 sum on the iso and it is different than the I have seen on a thread. Now I can't redownload it. Any help? -- Charles...
September 1st 06 12:48 AM
by Charles T Go to last post
0 498
PreRC1 Quick Install by Jo
I want to give MS a + for making the intallation of Vista a breeze compared to XP. The install of PreRC1 (clean install) took only about 30 min, I think, and required little or no hand-holding. I was able to go away from the computer and it finished without me! I've met up with some problems that still need to be corrected, but over-all the change from public Beta2 is enormous, as has...
August 31st 06 11:00 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
1 487
Product key by rosco
I need a product key for Vista beta 2 Build 5384 - Microsoft advise me to try here for anyone who is not going to use their 10 activations and are willing to 'lend' me one. If so please email me asap Much appreciated -- roscoerp
August 31st 06 10:41 PM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
3 515
Cannot install custom keyboards by Gerhard
Cannot install custom keyboards 1. I succeded to install MSKLC into vista. 2. Loaded a source file, created in winXP. 3. Went successfully through the project steps, resulting in an installer package. 4. When I try to install this package, user control asks for permission, which I give. 5. Get a message: installer was interrupted, try again. 6. I go back to 4. and up with the same message of...
August 31st 06 08:11 PM
by Gerhard Go to last post
1 473
Setup Stalled at "Setting up personalized settings" by GeekyMonkey
I’m having the same problem. I’m installing into a Virtual PC 2004 instance with 256MB ram. It has been on "Setting up personalized settings for: Windows Desktop Update" for about 5 hours. (timing out and going back to login screen a few times) I’m using the July 2006 CTP "harleedavidson" wrote:
August 31st 06 07:00 PM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
1 660
Auto Login for Version 5536 by JCO
How do you get rid of the login screen? I want to default to my normal login. The method used for the previous version does not work. Can someone tell me how to do it with this version. Thanks
August 31st 06 05:09 PM
by JCO Go to last post
0 529
Installation Vista Beta (5384) by Elimination
- Installing Vista x86 under XP x86: After copying and unpacking it makes it's (first) reboot. After displaying the bootmanager menu it automaticly picks Vista setup. Screen goes black and "ticks" (as in switching resolution probably) and there is some HDD usage for a couple of seconds (it doesn't spin the cd drive up). Few seconds later it reboots. This results in the same loop. -...
August 31st 06 03:20 PM
by Elimination Go to last post
8 497
Pre RC-1 install causes display failure by Tombo
All, I recently downloaded, and installed the pre-RC1 and upon booting during install, the display is unreadable: vertical and horizontal rasterization. I was using RC2 with no issues. I tried both a clean and upgrade = same. I tried to boot into SAFE mode but received the message that the Installation could not not continue. I tried a Diagnostic boot to select VGA only = same. I returned to...
August 31st 06 01:51 PM
by Tombo Go to last post

From The