Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Installing VISTA BETA 2 on ICH8R raid controller by Ippo 2001
hello I'm trying to install my windows vista on my new motherboard (GIGABYTE 965P DS4). During installation the sistem doesn't reconize my RAID 0 array made on IC8R controller. I see I can load driver from another source, but I don't know wicth kind of driver I can use. I take a look to the gigabyte web site but with no result. Can anyone HELP ME ???? I was thinking to use the windows XP...
August 31st 06 08:14 AM
by Ippo 2001 Go to last post
5 560
Upgrade path from Beta or RC1? by Nathan Weinberg
I'm wondering, is there an upgrade path from Beta 2, Pre-RC1, or RC1 to the final retail version? Or will I have to do a clean install? Please answer if there is a difference between the upgradability of the various builds.
August 31st 06 04:16 AM
by Paul Russell Go to last post
3 499
August 31st 06 04:15 AM
by Paul Russell Go to last post
1 545
New to vista beta..and yes I need a key by NathanN
I saw a post for a limited 100,000 download for the pre RC1 download of windows vista. I downloaded it and now i need the key. As everyone else is asking how do I come across one?
August 31st 06 04:14 AM
by Paul Russell Go to last post
5 545
0x80070241 by Budskie
That's just one error, I also get status 0xc0000098 critical system driver missing; Program c:\windows.~BT\sources\setup.exe. Then \$windows.~BT\windows\system32\drivers\sacdrv.sys I lost the Beta 2 CPP install which had finally gotten to work pretty good, now I can't reinstall it or clean install Pre-RC1. Ant help would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure that my download and ISO burn were both...
August 31st 06 04:12 AM
by Budskie Go to last post
0 680
Can not Upgrade from beta 2 by jgolden
I am trying to install pre-RC1 over Beta 2, Booting from the DVD can not upgrade and suggests I boot windows first, when I do that I get the following error: F:\Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for...
August 31st 06 03:40 AM
by jgolden Go to last post
0 541
Product key for RC1 by Leonard
I've downloaded RC1 ISO image and burn it to a DVD. But my beta product key is no longer valid. So where can I get the key for RC1?
August 31st 06 03:04 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
8 705
No VIA drivers for Vista Beta 2! by thewizard-oz
Yes, Vista did come with "some" VIA drivers and it installed them BUT they were incorrect and NONE of my VIA devices worked! Given that my motherboard is a VIA chipset based ECS PT800CE-A, you can imagine what a nightmare that was. In Device Manager ALL VIA devices came up as installed but incorrect and not working. There were no updates from VIA or VIA Arena so I have no choice but to...
August 31st 06 02:46 AM
by thewizard-oz Go to last post
0 522
RC-1 Install Error by tmawby
I am getting the following error in the setuperr.log file: SetupDiBuildDriverInfoList failed Can you help?
August 31st 06 02:37 AM
by tmawby Go to last post
0 524
error 0x80007246 by BenW
Cannot install Vista pre-release candidate 1 over the beta version. Tried safe mode. tried disabling antivirus. Text of error message says installation files are missing or corrupt. I suspected a bad disk, so I tried same disk on a clean machine, and installation was successful. So, disk is good.
August 31st 06 02:30 AM
by BenW Go to last post
0 535
Lost Product Key by corsasritwig
I legally downloaded Vista Beta 2 from microsoft and recieved the email with the product key, i accidently deleted the email though is there any way to request my email with product key again? Tahnks
August 31st 06 02:29 AM
by Top Go to last post
6 541
Can't Complete Install by Dr. Edison
Hello, When installing Vista pre-rc, the installer will get to where its about to launch the desktop, 'll see the Vista wallpaper but then the screen will go black (with a blinking cursor in the top-left for a couple minutes, then totally black) I then hit the reset buttin and get to the os choice screen. The only two choices are to remove the failed Vista install or boot to XP. The first...
August 31st 06 02:20 AM
by Dr. Edison Go to last post
9 577
Vista 5536 Will not Install by Zorn
I just built a new system, and Vista STILL won't install (never did on my old one either). What happens is I get through Vista setup, and it reboots my computer, then it's on the step of "Completing Installation", when all of a sudden the backlights on my keyboard flicker and flash, and I get a BSOD that references the file nvlkddm.dll, or something very similar. The BSOD flashes so...
August 31st 06 01:22 AM
by deguello Go to last post
3 523
Why ask for 8 gigas of free space ? by SuNcO
I have the beta 2, then i want to install the pre-rc1 but when i try to update it says that requires 8 gigas or something.. i only have 3 gigas The cuestion is : Why requires so long spaces if is an update ? I mean, the windows is going to replace some files and not see the needed to ask for 8 gigas Ok, the windows can replace 3 gigas.. but 8 gigas ? If need the 8 gigas to temporaly files...
August 31st 06 01:20 AM
by SuNcO Go to last post
3 520
Help Installing Pre-RC1 by PhilMaznyk
I've been struggling for a day now trying to get Pre-RC1 to install. When I first boot from the DVD it will not see any of my non-raid drives. I have to copy nVidia nForce drivers to my USB key and then if I choose to have Vista look at that it will see nVidia Nforce Raid Class Controller. If I choose to let is use this then it will see all 3 of my drives. Drive 0 has XP MCE2005, Drive 1 has...
August 31st 06 12:51 AM
by PhilMaznyk Go to last post
1 538
Installing Vista and disc image software by hselburn
Hi, After finding out that I can't install Vista on an external HD, but before attempting it, I was curious about one thing about installing Vista on a 2nd internal drive. Does it matter what drive letter is used for that hard drive and if Vista modifies the C drives master boot record and it becomes corrupt, how do you fix that? My C drive is my mission critical drive and therefore I'll get...
August 31st 06 12:17 AM
by hselburn Go to last post
2 568
Pre-RC1 Install can't continue- Display is scrambled after install by Tombo
All, I have been trialing Beta 2 (x64). Yesterday, I downloaded Pre-RC1 and did a clean install. At what appears to be the Windows Boot after install, the flat panel display is unreadable. There are bright vertical lines on half the display, and horizontal bars on the other. If I blindly select the ENTER key, something changes, but then the PC reboots, and repeats this process. RC2 (both...
August 30th 06 11:45 PM
by Tombo Go to last post
0 536
More wireless issues by Glenn
I haven't seen this one exactly in the newsgroups yet. I'd use the feedback tool, but I can't connect. Installed 5536 on my laptop. It will find my works wireless network and allow get an IP address from it. Looking at the network diagram. It shows me as connected to the router, then the Internet. However, I go to IE, an it won't connect. I've also noticed that in tools - connections...
August 30th 06 10:51 PM
by Glenn Go to last post
4 547
prc1 on laptop, upgrade fresh xp or clean install? by MyDisplayNameisG
Hi guys, When I installed Vista Beta2 on my compaq 2105us laptop, I did it as a fresh install (immediately after low level format). It had several driver/networking issues that ultimately caused me to uninstall it. With prc1, I was thinking of low level format, install xp, INSTALL MFR DRIVER DISK, then upgrade to vista prc1. Would this be a good idea, or a waste of time?
August 30th 06 09:44 PM
by MyDisplayNameisG Go to last post
0 566
Install Issues 5536 problems Pre RC1 by Todd Smith
I had serveral problems installing Windows Vista 5536, getting BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (BSOF). 1) I think was related to being installed over May beta, 2) another I think was related to may epson scanner 1670 perfection being plugged into the desktop. 3) I also had problem with profiles getting corupted and unable to login at all. ahd to re-install to get rid of this problem. It was not...
August 30th 06 08:49 PM
by Todd Smith Go to last post

From The