Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
0xc00000e9 install error by Danieljf
Hi, Running the following config Gigabyte 965P-DS3 F6 Bios revision one Crucial DDR2 512MB x2 PC5400 RAM Leadtek 7900GS TDH edition E6600 2.4 Conroe ThermalTake Mozart case with VFD WDC 250GB Sata II
October 7th 06 01:32 PM
by Danieljf Go to last post
0 152
0XC004D302 error when validating. by KitCh
"The security processor reported that the trusted data store was rearmed." When I go to validate my copy of Vista I get this error! Anyone know how to fix this problem?!
September 7th 06 05:33 PM
by KitCh Go to last post
0 750
0xC004E002 by Darrell
Hi folks sorry if Ive posted in the wrong area, Ive just built a new PC and installed 64 bit Vista...When I finally managed to install the 64bit Vista I got this error 0xC004E002. On the bottom of the screen I get Windows Vista(tm) Build 6000 and this copy of windows is not genuine.. I also get a message, Host Process for windows stopped working and was closed. I bought the 64 bit vista a...
February 21st 08 03:18 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
1 189
1 'free upgrade' 2 machines by Bufger
i recently bought 2 laptops for a small business from different companies. Both are similar spec (could handle vista, even 64bit if wanted) but unfortunately only one of them came with XP Pro - free Vista business upgrade. The other came with XP home edition and no upgrade mentioned. I rang the company i bought the machine from and they're not offering the upgrade DESPITE microsoft offering...
February 21st 07 09:51 AM
by Bufger Go to last post
1 158
1 'free upgrade' 2 machines by Bufger
ive recently bought 2 new business laptops for my small business and plan to use Vista. One of the laptops comes with XP Pro with a free upgrade to Vista Business (i plan to dual boot for the benefit of old drivers for now). The other computer runs XP pro but doesnt have any kind of free vista upgrade. I know most companies are offering this free upgrade or at least a small fee upgrade to...
February 21st 07 09:26 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
3 178
1 CPU detected in dual core system. -Solution by jaerha
Background: After reinstall of VISTA Ultimate the experience index has dropped from 5.3 to 4.4 with the CPU giving a lower score than previously. The task manager only shows one pane for CPU performance in place of the 2 shown previously. The processor is reported correctly as Intel core 2 CPU 6600 at 2.40 GHz in Control Panel\System and Maintenance\System. The mother board is a Asus...
November 12th 07 02:23 PM
by Rabbit Go to last post
1 109
1 day of perfect Vista, then nothing by twinkelpinkel
2 days ago I installed Vista RC2. Everything went perfect, ready and working. Until yesterday. When I started the computer, the screen stays black and nothings happend. The only thing that happens was that the computer was making a lot of noise (the van was making overtime!) I can't give any information because I don't have any idea were to look! Mabey it has nothing to do with Vista but I...
October 29th 06 04:45 PM
by twinkelpinkel Go to last post
3 153
1/2 hour to verify a downloaded program before Vista will install by shnnshn69
I downloaded the newest version of the America's Army game (2.4GB) and when you run the installer the running blue circle just runs. I looked up on the america's army site and found that someone actually waited the 1/2 hour that it takes Vista to verify the install program due to it's size. Please tell me this is a bug that is being worked on and not a "feature" Otherwise, I'll be finding...
November 21st 07 01:21 AM
by shnnshn69 Go to last post
1 128
1024x768 max screen resolution on Vista? by Darth Vader4
Hi, I've recently installed Vista Ultimate in my Pc and I was surprised to find that my only two screen resolution alternatives were 800x600 and 1024x768!. I've tried installing the graphics card drivers from Xp, and I get all the screen resolutions supported by the card, but I received the message saying that these drivers were known to have compatibility issues with Vista, so the beutiful...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 07 01:22 AM
by Darth Vader4 Go to last post
10 383
15GB required to install...is there anyway around that? by Greg
My C: is only 13gb big, the windows (xp) folder is only like 3.5gb big. my D: is 18gb big though. Assuming it isnt going to fill up 15GB once installed, is it possible to somehow direct it to use my D: instead, or can you install windows onto a D:?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 07 03:09 AM
by Donald McDaniel Go to last post
13 290
16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM ERROR MESSAGE by Jessica
I am trying to install a cd to be used for an online course that I am taking this semester. However the following message is displayed everYime I try to run and install the cd. 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. How can I fix this? I have an...
April 23rd 08 02:40 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 171
160 GB HDD by Elly 455
Good Day everyone ! I have a question. My computer has 160 GB HDD . bf reformat i have 2 partision "C " n " D " however, after reformat to vista ultimate and using 1 partision on my HDD ( C ) shows 79.8 GB free of 100 GB it mean 60 GB is missing. currently my computer is running in very good performance. What's going on? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks n...
June 11th 08 11:22 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
3 206
169.254 IP address is stuck (Vista) by Diver
Suffered through 169.254 IP address being stuck, and thought I would share what ended up working. go to START -- cmd.exe (run as administrator) netsh winsock release and then you must shutdown your machine (I shut the power off to mine to make sure that it was not in some sort of powered down mode). It will not work if you select "restart"! What did not work:
April 28th 08 06:19 PM
by Diver Go to last post
0 178
1848441807 by Alex
1848441807 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...
April 25th 08 10:37 PM
by Alex Go to last post
0 201
1st installation of Vista - error 0x800701E7 and boot manager miss by SDC
Forgive me, I am completely new to Vista. This is my first install and my first look the the OE. I have just built a computer - Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4 775 with a 2.44ghz quad core, 4 gb of RAM (DDR2 PC2-8500), Creative X-Fi Fatality sound card, GeForce 8600 (512mb) video, WD 1.0 Terabyte HD, WD 500gb HD, Asus DVD-ROM, WriteMaster DVD Multi Drive. You get the picture. All HD and optical drives...
November 16th 08 01:17 AM
by John Barnes[_2_] Go to last post
4 329
1st reboot during install? by Bpsbgs
I was installing Vista RC1 as availible publicly, on a computer. It is a P4 1.8ghz with 1 gig of 2700 DDR. The computer completes the first step, and then tries to reboot. It begins ok, and my BIOS chooese to reboot from DVD, the problem arises then, because after it does this, my monitor just goes black. The computer then does nothing. I have tried to boot from IDE as well, and it...
September 24th 06 02:13 AM
by Bpsbgs Go to last post
0 116
1½x RAM? by JTHM
I'm full of questions today! My m/c has 4GB RAM fitted, but Vista reports 6GB. Can anyone explain why? Thanks JT
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 27th 09 04:30 PM
by dennis Go to last post
29 637
2 'New' Installation MSKBs/EULA Change/Anytime Upgrade FAQ by Chad Harris
From Nick White's Vista Team Blog: KB 932616: Installation choices for consumer versions of Windows Vista (32-bit only) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932616 KB 932795: Installation choices for 64-bit consumer versions of Windows Vista http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932795/
March 18th 07 01:54 AM
by Pecos Go to last post
1 184
2 hard drives. 2 OS's by Jeff
One has xp pro and the other has Vista home premium. I want to be able to have the option of using both hard drive's at the same time. As it is now, I swap the hard drive in that I want to use and then swap it out for when i need to go back to XP. Is there a way I can leave them both plugged in and have an option on reboot to chose what OS I want? Thanks.
July 4th 07 06:43 PM
by ...winston Go to last post
2 131
2 HDD install by david.dellsperger
Hi, I just recently upgraded my computer (home-built) to have 3 Hard Drives, one 37.6 GB WD Raptor and 2 500 GB HDD all are Sata and the 2-500's are in a RAID 0 config. my laptop (an Acer) has some setting where there is a partition for just the OS and then everything else is just the raw data, but the OS partition is hidden from everything until you look at the "manage" option from the...
July 11th 08 03:36 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The