Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Activation on Vista SP1 Release Candidate by Conundrum
I entered my activation code and now I am running the beta service pack build 6001. I have the message at the bottom right indicating that it is an evaluation copy. Problem is that it keeps reminding me that I need to activate. I cannot activate because my key is already in use. 1. What is going to happen at the end of my 30 days.
December 4th 08 01:50 PM
by naveena Go to last post
2 306
Unable to upgrade XP Media Edition to Vista Ultimate by hmconley
I try to install my Vista Ultimate ove my XP Media Edition 2005 and it seems to install fine but when it tries to start the system goes to the screen about insert installation disk and do a repair. When I do it searches for several hours and does nothing so I cancel Help!!!!
December 4th 08 12:41 AM
by srlake314 Go to last post
1 297
Easy Transfer Filled up My D: Drive (recovery OS etc) by VegasRick
I recently bought a new Dell computer equipped with windows Vista Premium and a D: Partition for recovery purposes My old computer is an HP with a D: partition for recovery purposes. I purchased the Belkin cable so I could use easy transfer. The default in easy transfer copies all available disks: c: d: etc. I didn't notice this, and happily took the default in the Easy transfer
December 3rd 08 08:46 PM
by Richard Go to last post
6 278
Cant transfer progams with easy transfer companion beta by Peter Walter
I have installed the WETCB to help transfer programs from an old XP PC to a new Vista one but it is giving an error: beta only supports windows US English. I have changed the settings on both PCs to US English in the Language settings on the control panel and rebooted both pcs but with no change.
December 3rd 08 01:56 PM
by EliDav Go to last post
4 333
user profiles by James Bond[_2_]
I am about to ghost a Vista image to be used as my SOE. In the past I have copied the admin users profile to default user to ensure all icons are present and available. What needs to be done with Vista to ensure any user logging in can use all apps and has icons in appropriate places. Thanks.
December 3rd 08 01:35 PM
by Zaphod Beeblebrox Go to last post
5 252
.NET Framework problems by brenash
Hey, I've got home premium 64bit (sp1) I tried to install 3.5 net framework but since then its been going in a spiral down. My pc specs couldnt be the problem.. (8gb ram, 9800gx2, q9450 quad core..) I need it for a program to work, however still havnt got it to work. I've tried a lot of things such as: -installing the x64 version, it's not compatible
December 3rd 08 12:36 PM
by hafizahmad Go to last post
1 234
P2V Windows XP to Vista Business by Lion
Hi , I have configured my new Vista Business Machine and its working perfectly. I still need to have access to my old Win XP box so I installed Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. What I want to know its if there is a program that will convert my WinXP box and play it as a VM on the Vista with Virtual PC installed. Platespin Power Converter seams to be the program that can but but too expensive. ...
December 3rd 08 10:23 AM
by Lion Go to last post
2 264
OEM Vista Hoem Prem SP1 x64 by tvisser
I recently buiilt a new system and am now ready to install OEM Vista Home Prem SP1 x64. When I went out to get the OPK, it appears I need to download a 1.43 GB file. Is this correct? Will the install work without the OPK? Thanks, Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 08 09:16 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
12 416
NEW IPHONE VIDEO PROJECTOR PROTOTYPE NOW AVAILABLE LIMITED EDITION by jurgita
This is an exclusive gadget for iphone addict. Perfect gift for christmas only 1000 copy http://iphone-video-projector.com
December 3rd 08 06:02 AM
by jurgita Go to last post
0 241
Diskpart and Imagex by rykkim
Do you have to format a hard drive that already has an OS on it before applying a wim image? If yes, I don't understand how imagex can be a viable option. It can take over an hour just to format a hard drive depending how large it is.
December 3rd 08 01:33 AM
by Joe Morris Go to last post
1 251
Need 64-bit media by Bob Cronin
Two years ago I bought a full ultimate license and then another 2 licenses for home premium under the old family pack program. I later upgraded both of them to ultimate under the anytime upgrade program. Later I applied SP1 to all 3 systems. Now I want to wipe one system and install 64-bit, but I don't have any media that has the 64-bit version of ultimate with SP1. I tried ordering new...
December 3rd 08 12:06 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
9 303
Vista will not install by Joseph Macari
I have been trying to install Vista 64 on a Tyan K8SH/Opteron with 4GB ram, Fujitsu SCSI drive/LSIU320 controller. XPsp3 has been on the box previously (running flawlessly-have saved it in on another scsi ). The Vista DVD disc was originally downloaded from TechNet (I have used this DVD for several other test installs without any problems). I keep getting the problem with the install at the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 08 09:26 PM
by JOCKCON Go to last post
12 385
Failed to update the system registy by lemuelt
Hi... I'm intalling in window vista a software for device communication that I used in windows XP, but when I click on the icon to start the program I get a message "Failed to update the system registy. Please try using REGEDIT." Please give me some advise or solution if any I'm not sure what to do....
December 2nd 08 08:50 PM
by lemuelt[_2_] Go to last post
3 262
Can't install update for .NET Framework Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 by BJV
I'm running Vista Ultimate. When I run Windows update, all of the upates install, except .NET Framework Version 1.1 Service Pack 1. Any ideas on what I can do to get the update to install correctly? Thanks,
December 2nd 08 03:05 PM
by BJV Go to last post
0 230
How do I get Product Identification Number when Vista won't instal by norskarv
I hope someone has an answer to make me look stupid but... I need to get technical support since I am having problems installing Windows Vista. In order to get free online tech support, I need to enter my Product Identification Number (not the product key). However, I am instructed to obtain this number once I have Vista installed. Um, how can I get the PIN number from Vista if I can't...
December 2nd 08 11:26 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 229
Windows 7 upgrade...... by rob davis
would it be worth my time......upgrading to vista before going to windows 7 ?.... Is there an upgrade path from vista to windows 7 ? thanks rob davis
December 2nd 08 01:09 AM
by rob davis Go to last post
3 238
Windows Vista problem with local user account after sysprep Image by PW
Hello, I have an problem with Windows Vista after sysprep. We have an Vista Image created with unattend file and lokal user account (sysprep). After installing a new PC at the end of installation there will be an prompt for define a local user account an his password. Can everybody help me where I can prohibit this point in unattend file with System Image Manager? Thank you for your answers!
December 1st 08 07:50 PM
by Zaphod Beeblebrox Go to last post
1 235
How to Eliminate XP Setup Option from Booting Vista? by bennys
Hello Board! I am running Vista now but I attempted to install XP Pro for dual booting. However, when I decided to eliminate the XP Pro, for I found Vista is more suitable for me. Unfortunately, I now got stuck with the XP Setup option still lingering as the default option when the computer turns on. I thought I had completely removed the XP OS from my D:\ drive which was the drive for XP....
December 1st 08 07:45 PM
by bennys Go to last post
3 238
Installed new Video Card somehow screwed up my bootloader by BigZed
Hey guys, Recently (couple days ago) i installed a new video card (geforce 260), after the hardware change I couldnt boot into Vista. Here is a thread I originally created regarding that topic. http://www.vistax64.com/vista-hardware-devices/194891-vista-home-premium-64-wont-boot-after-new-video-card.html#post896842 A member in this forum, Barman58, started to assist me with my problem.
December 1st 08 05:15 PM
by BigZed Go to last post
3 244
Install Windows XP on your Pre-Installed Windows Vista by Gil80[_2_]
Hi there. I'm encountering a dual-boot issue and I hope I got into the right forum. First I'll start to describe what I have done and then where I am standing at the moment. I installed Vista 32 on my comp. and later on I have read the article in 'this link' (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/install-windows-xp-on-your-pre-installed-windows-vista-computer/)
December 1st 08 02:04 AM
by vchant Go to last post

From The