Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Getting a Russian Keyboard on Vista by annoyed
I need to be able to switch between English and Russian. I need help finding a Russian keyboard to load on my computer so I can switch between the two languages. Please help. I had it on XP.
November 23rd 08 01:00 AM
by UsuallyConfused Go to last post
3 305
32bit or 64bit? by fusion99
Hi I have 2 questions regarding an upgrade installation of vista Ultimate. 1) i have a amd 64-4200 cpu, with 1gig of ram and a 1gig usb pen drive for ready boost, woudl it be best for me to stick to 32-bit for the moment or urgarde to 64-bit, since ive had this cpu for over a year it would be nice to start using it at its full capability but is 64-bit worth it and are there any pros and cons...
November 22nd 08 09:07 PM
by coolnewyorker Go to last post
2 301
Dual boot [Vista C] lost Ntldr recovrd fcd lost DB by Bitbob
When I recovered the startup with the Vista Disk on Vista C: drive it wiped the dual boot to XP D: drive. How do I recover this dual boot menu. This dual boot showed both system disks as C: and didn't show the Vista c: booted in XP at all.....Any recomendations command line or otherwise to recover the dual boot in Vista????
November 22nd 08 05:54 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 296
No "Pin to Start Menu" by azwiley1
Hello all, need a little help, I am running Vista at work now (from XP) and some of the apps I use daily do not have a Pin to start menu option. I am using the default (not the Classic) start menu. Is there any way to hack the registry or anything to allow me to pin them? Thanks for all the help.
November 22nd 08 03:54 PM
by Brink Go to last post
9 402
Old failed installation process locks machine from install/uninstall by JP[_4_]
I am unable to install any software or uninsall because Windows (Vista Business 64bit) says to me following when trying to remove or add software. Windows Installer Another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete, and then try installing this software again.
November 22nd 08 12:51 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 245
How to Disable DHCP When Deploying Vista/Server 2008 Using Sysprep and Unattend.xml by dln
Hello all, I've run into a problem when trying to deploy either a Vista or Server 2008 syspreped image in conjunction with an Unattend.xml file. My problem is this - the install, from start to finish, is supposed to be an unattended, build-to-plan image. Part of the install involves assigning a static IP address. Although I've been able to configure a static IP for the image, I can't...
November 21st 08 10:08 PM
by dln Go to last post
3 271
Best way to keep my data while I re-install by uber_unit
Hey folks. I am looking to do a complete reformat and re-install of Vista x32 on my Inspiron 1721 lappy. I have around 60Gb of stuff I would like to keep, but I'd rather an alternative method of keeping it instead of shoving it all on to DVDs. I don't have an external HDD so I was wondering whether I can create a partition and whack it on there, then format and re-install on to C:\. Also, I...
November 21st 08 09:39 PM
by philo Go to last post
6 314
Vista Downgrade by jvino
Is it possible to install Vista 32bit over the x64bit version?? We purchased a new laptop and it has x64 on it, some of our programs are not compatible. Thanks for any assistance!!! J -- jvino
November 21st 08 06:41 PM
by Brink Go to last post
5 282
outlook sending by [email protected]
I keep getting O x 800CCCOF i can recieve mail via outlook but not send. I can also recieve web pages. i am with www.mysoul.com and the lady dosnt seem to be able figure out how to fix it. web mail is good i can send and recieve there
November 21st 08 05:04 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
5 320
OEM vs. Retail by DanD[_2_]
Hello all, I'm building a new computer and was wondering what the difference between the OEM and Retail version of Vista home premium is?There is a substancial dollar difference but what else? Thanks, DanD
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 08 04:55 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
14 458
Install Vista FROM HDD instead of DVD? by Mr D
Hi I wish to install Vista from fresh (Not an Upgrade) I know that XP is able to be installed from a HDD by formatting the HDD as FAT32, copy the I386 folder to it and install by running winnt. Is it possible to do the same for installing Vista from a Formatted Fat32 HDD?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 08 03:21 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
14 445
Vista and Microsoft Office 97 by John
Has anyone installed MS Office 97 on Vista? (Home Basic version)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 20th 08 10:44 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
23 641
Trying to install vista on new pc by loopyloo71
I have just purchased a new pc - HP Compaq dx2400. (HP support is useless) On my first startup xp is installed. I have a disc from HP to install Vista which I did but once installed Vista asks me for a user name and password to log in. IT'S NEW! and I havent got a username and password and i wasn't asked to create one during the install. I then restored and went back to xp which does not ask...
November 20th 08 07:19 PM
by Pete Stavrakoglou Go to last post
9 256
sysprep and nosidgen by barrymdonahue
I have been using sysprep to prepare Windows 2000, XP and Windows 2003 images for Virtual Machine testing. When I prep the images I always select nosidgen. I am trying to get Vista and Windows 2008 images ready for test but there seems to be no equivalent to nosidgen. The images are only used for testing and only live for the lenth of the test. It's important for the SID not to be changed or some...
November 20th 08 12:01 PM
by Zaphod Beeblebrox Go to last post
3 265
New computer+current Vista=question on procedure.. by Warren
I have perused the groups for days, and don't see a clear answer to my upcoming dilemma. Here's the situation.. advice is appreciated. Current system - fried ethernet adapter on motherboard. I am building a new system, in the next 2-3 days. Currently, the computer works great except for the cat connector. I will be salvaging some parts from the working computer to create the newer system. ...
November 20th 08 04:58 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
4 292
Shortcuts by weasel dad
Have laptop with windows vista. wife downloaded trial version of adobe illustrator. i don't know what she did but all the shortcuts now open to one program, including all shortcuts from desktop and start menu. properties of shortcut point to correct start file. all shortcuts are overlaid with same icon. if i load a new shortcut, all icons change to that icon and open only that program. she...
November 20th 08 02:43 AM
by Brink Go to last post
6 302
Screen Saver Will Not Work by counsel
I just bought a new Toshiba laptop with Vista OS but, the screen savers will not work. However, I can access the screen savers through the Control Panel and even "Preview" them. Anybody have an idea as to how I can make the screen savers "work"?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 19th 08 04:42 PM
by lian Go to last post
10 375
Vista setup and compatibility question by John
I'm familiar with computers in general, and Windows through XP, so I get to be the family helper... latest is my sister-in-law who has an entry level (Inspiron 530) Dell with Vista Home on the way to replace an old HP that died, and I get to do the initial startup/setup (she is almost 80 and has sticky notes everywhere to help her remember, so there is ZERO chance she could set first setup on her...
November 19th 08 04:34 PM
by John Go to last post
2 232
vista service pack by mvista
can anyone share thoughts with me regarding failure of the above installation. Mine keeps on showing error code: 80010108??? Any solution for that? Many thanks....
November 19th 08 04:28 PM
by Mark H[_2_] Go to last post
1 258
Vista home basic updats will not install by Kirsty Jackson
Hi. My vista updates will not install from 3/11/08. I've tried several times but they still wont install. It gets to about half way then fails, and comes up with an error code of 80070020 (KB951072). Why will they not install? Please write back as soon as possible! -- Many Thanks K.Jackson
November 19th 08 09:12 AM
by pooch Go to last post

From The