Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
docks for windows vista? by Gummy bear sp1[_5_]
wondering if theres sites where i can easily download, for free, docks..not the circular kind but the straight flat kind. i tried going to help in start menu without success hmmm -- Gummy bear sp1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gummy bear sp1's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=824 View this thread:...
November 11th 08 06:52 AM
by Gummy bear sp1[_14_] Go to last post
9 391
HAL 9000 by kokaine? by Gummy bear sp1[_10_]
i love that skin...but when tried to open file and download it, messege claims one of the theme files could not be found. and no, i didnt delete any additional files..i got from that deviant site -- Gummy bear sp1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gummy bear sp1's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=824 View this thread:...
November 11th 08 01:37 AM
by Gummy bear sp1[_13_] Go to last post
2 281
About vista.. From my mac.. :) by SpreadTooThin
Thank god I have my mac. ;) Or I'd never be able to post this question on Vista. I just lost my entire Vista OS and all its Data. Maybe its because I'm a Mac user who knows.... Am I allowed to say Vista? Or is there a code word for it? 7! Anyhow, I had to restore from out of the Box self made Restore DVDs I had fortunately made when I bought the machine. After getting the proper magic...
November 10th 08 02:16 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_5_] Go to last post
1 293
got OEM SP1 - do I have to download and use OPK? by newbieLeon
I am fairly new to all this and have just built my first operational system. I did have a Windows-based system running. But lets say there are reasons I couldn't upgrade it online to SP2. So, I thought I'd buy a nice bit of software - Vista Ultimate SP1 OEM. Its for system builders. Ok - I thought that's me. I built my system. Configured it and after downloading, upgrading, partitioning and...
November 10th 08 02:08 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_5_] Go to last post
7 443
win vista silverlight (media) by Gummy bear sp1[_2_]
today i downloaded silverlight updated version. it only tool few minutes. after restart windows, there is no indication that silverlight was ever installed..there is no visable icon in start menu nor status bar. where is it i wonder:rolleyes: -- Gummy bear sp1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gummy bear sp1's Profile:...
November 10th 08 01:21 PM
by Zaphod Beeblebrox Go to last post
5 305
powercut during installation of SP1 by mookima
hi folks, today i wanted to install SP1 on my Medion MD 96420, when during step 1 of 3 a powercut happend...:mad:. unfortunatly the baterie wasnīt in, so the installation was interrupted. after the power comes back, the notebook donīt power up any more, neither on batteries, nor on AC... any idea what has gone wrong, is the notebook now dead?
November 10th 08 01:02 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_5_] Go to last post
5 334
bad.pool.header error by Amore3
I just re-installed vista and the first night I left the computer running. I the morning while trying to log in (from hybernation), I got the dreaded blue screen error bad.pool.header. It has happened the 2 nights I left the computer on. Since I do most of the scanning (defender, virus, etc) at night while I sleep, I prefer not to shut down before going to sleep, When the computer re-boots...
November 10th 08 08:49 AM
by nniist Go to last post
2 236
Unable to install Windows Vista SP1 by Gina Megay
I have been consistently unable to install Vista SP1. It goes through all three phases and then simply fails, and reverts back. I am running Vista home premium 32 bit. Initially got an error that led me to run repair.bat and try the reinstall again last night, but no luck. Other updates have installed successfully before and after SP1. ????
November 9th 08 10:46 PM
by Chad Harris[_2_] Go to last post
7 289
Intel MatrixStorage vs. Vista 64? by Dick Watson
I'm getting ready to build my next machine. I'm considering whether or not to run two hard drives using Intel Matrix Storage. My basic thought was to run 2x the 300GB WD VelociRaptors but with two partitions per, say 100+100 RAID0 for the OS, apps, and paging (everything but \user) and 200+200 RAID1 mounted at \user. Is this possible to setup in an initial Vista installation without a big...
November 9th 08 09:46 PM
by Dick Watson Go to last post
5 285
vista 64 bit / 32 bit confusion please urgent help needed. by sniper16
hi, heres my situation. i had a pc from velocity micro- it came with an OEM version of xp 32 bit home. I bought the upgrade version of windows vista home premium 32 bit. im at the point now where i realize that my 4gb of ram is not being used in my 32 bit environment. so i ordered the 64 bit alternative media disc from microsoft. my question is how to install this 64 bit disc. will i have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 08 06:27 PM
by Mark H[_2_] Go to last post
16 409
Vista 32 install. Question on partitions by Microsoft News[_5_]
I did a clean install. During the options I formatted and deleted the partition. I thought it would create another partition but it didn't. Everything went to the main HD. Is this, or is this gonna be, a problem?.. Thanking you in advance.
November 9th 08 06:26 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_5_] Go to last post
4 267
Image Backups and Vista by Dave Lee
I would like to capture an occasional snapshot of my whole system (Dell XPS laptop). The purpose here would that, in the unfortunate case of having to do a complete re-install due to hardware or software problems, I could get back (in a relatively simple fashion) to some known execution environment where most of my applications were installed and registered/running/etc. Data backups (while...
November 9th 08 05:42 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 242
Which OCR software is compatible with Vista 32 bit by Luis Ortega
I currently have textbridge pro millenium OCR software that works fine in win xp. If I upgrade to Vista 32 bit, will it work? Can anyone recommend another OCR software that works with Vista? Does Vista have any built in OCR that can be accessed from within Word? Does any other software such as Adobe acrobat have an OCR engine that works in Vista? Thanks for any advice.
November 9th 08 04:42 PM
by Ken Blake Go to last post
8 246
Nvidia and Maxtor install problems with RC1 by Arnie
Upgrade scenario with my relatively new (i.e. "off the shelf") Dell XPS 600 with the RC1 32 bit client... Error message is: You must make the following changes before installing Windows Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated driver software for these devices: o SCSI and RAID controllers: Maxtor 7L250S0 o SCSI and RAID controllers: NVIDIA nForce4 Serial...
November 9th 08 12:25 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
9 286
Making the DVD ROm drive the Boot drive? by dnelms
I've got to reinstall Vista. My only BIOS settings are CD-ROM, no option for DVD drive. Bios is latest avaliable. Is my only option to open the case and disconnect the CD-drive? I assume that then the BIOS would see the DVD drive as a CD drive and boot the DVD from that?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 08 12:15 AM
by Andrew Murray[_6_] Go to last post
18 479
Vista installation, continuous reboot by Michael G. Schneider
I cannot make the Vista installation work. I tried an upgrade from XP. After starting setup, the process seems to work ok. Questions are asked, checks are done, files are copied. However, when the PC reboots for the first time, it starts a continuous reboot: the BIOS messages are shown, some seconds later the PC reboots again. Then I tried a fresh installation with booting from DVD. The...
November 8th 08 07:19 PM
by Radster Go to last post
3 286
re-useing product key by dellyoung
I want to know if i can re use a product key on a diffrent computer becuse I borrowed my computer from a friend and hes ganna let me use it for afew years but i want to know when he takes it back will I be able to reuse my product key on a newcomputer -- dellyoung
November 8th 08 05:56 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
4 240
LPREMOVE may cause repeating update installation hell by [email protected]
I recently installed a new HP 6830S laptop and ran into a strange problem, which I later identifying being due to the LPREMOVE task... Symptoms: After selecting the installation language (Finnish) for the Vista Business and installing updates from Windows update, everything seemed ok for a while. Then the PC started to behave strangely on second day after original install: an unscheduled update...
November 8th 08 04:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 244
windows vista incompatble; blue screen of death by Kegs
Got a new computer that I liked and an operating system that I don't. I see a blue screen of death at least 2x a week and ignore it to start windows regularly. After a couple of times of starting regularly, it seems to run regular except for the blue screen of death during startup. It seems not to want VMWARE player installed, but I have to have it because half of my business software won't...
November 8th 08 03:39 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
2 257
Thinking about upgrading from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate x64 by Leezus
Is this possible with my specs? As far as my research has shown, I should be fine. The only problem is that I can't seem to find an upgrade directly from Xp Pro to Vista Ultimate x64. Am i just going to have to fork out the dough for the retail original install version? I plan to turn this system into a media center with an extender down in my living room. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 08 02:30 PM
by Leezus Go to last post

From The