Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
movielink by firebug
I can't get movielink to run in Vista5600. Can anyone help? Any help would be helpful.
October 4th 06 03:40 PM
by firebug Go to last post
0 474
failed to download license for protected songs by mc
how come? I can't download license for protected songs, it keeps saying that: "The license cannot be downloaded because the license has already been downloaded 10 times." , I swear to god, I didn't download even one ??????
October 4th 06 09:33 PM
by mc Go to last post
0 443
Sound stutters in Media Player in full screen by Jo
Because I was getting such miserable performance from Media Player in Vista, I downloaded the NVidia pure video codec to try it out. It improved things a bit, but when I go to full screen, the sound begins stuttering badly, and is also not syncronized. In XP everything plays smoothly. I can't figure out why there is such a problem playing avi and mpg files with Media Player. Same thing...
October 4th 06 09:52 PM
by Jo Go to last post
0 561
Printing from Photo Gallery by joline422
My Epson printer is working for other text-based applications, but is not recognized by Photo Gallery
October 5th 06 12:43 AM
by joline422 Go to last post
0 517
Codec question... by intclass
I decided to install the K-Lite codec pack so I could play a downloaded movie clip. One thing worries me though. How does WMP11 and Media Center know which codec to use at which times? I have a codec for my HDTV, will one of these overwrite that? I just don't undertand how it all works. Someone able to clear this up for me?
October 5th 06 03:39 AM
by Ginola Go to last post
3 538
Publishing images by Lars Rønning
Is it a "publish to web" function in Vista ? (In XP it is.....) Lars
October 5th 06 01:42 PM
by Lars Rønning Go to last post
0 489
WMP "Windows Media Player has stopped working" by Daniel Adam
1. I start WMP from the task bar 2. Note that it says I have URGE as my store but I un-installed URGE a while back 3. I see a list of music that I can play from the library (default view) 4. about 10-20 seconds of doing nothing and WMP throws up a dialog box with "Windows Media Player has stopped working" 5. I close it and it says it is fixed in RTM! So basically I can't start WMP and play...
October 5th 06 11:21 PM
by DiDo FRGT/10 Go to last post
1 501
AIW 9800 Pro... by David
Am using Vista 5728, ATI AIW 9800 Pro - Has anyone tested the multimedia center(8.15) or additional software on this Vista build? What Driver is being used? Currently, I am using the included Vista driver from MS and they works fine, just no additional features. David
October 6th 06 04:10 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 515
WMM will not recognize my sony handycam HDD DCR-SR40 video/audio c by lucas
when I record video/audio clips on my camcorder, and attempt to import them to Windows Movies Maker, they appear to be just an audio clip (no video). The propetry of the clip says it is a "video with audio" clip, but no video appears. What should I do?
October 7th 06 12:14 AM
by lucas Go to last post
0 502
iTunes authorization problem (iTunes 7.0.1.8, Vista build 5728) by regnull
iTunes 7.0.1.8 seems to be unable to play protected files (mp3 files are ok), it prompts for authorization, confirms successfull authorization, and then nothing happens. If you try to play the same file again, it prompts for authorization again. The same problem was reported on Apple newsgroups, he http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3279774&#3279774
October 7th 06 12:24 AM
by regnull Go to last post
0 497
ATI Drivers by Ben
The current beta driver for my ATI product (Radeon x800 xl) is terrible! And they are offering no support. My frames per second have gone from 50-60 to 5-10. Hoping this gets corrected soon.
October 7th 06 03:55 PM
by George Valkov Go to last post
3 525
WMP11 Buggy in 5744 by Jeff
Hi, WMP11 in 5744 needs work. I close it;red x close; and the GUI leaves;but still keeps playing. No GUI ;but plays; have to go to task manager and kill the execute!!! Doesn't show up in task manager as a running app;either;and the execute shows no cpu usage;but keeps playing!! LOL RTM huh? Bugged it;btw.
October 7th 06 04:54 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 508
Cant Play avi videos in RC2 build 5477 by Drew
I have quicktime and divx and avi cant play.
October 8th 06 12:11 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 506
Capturing or Printing the Desktop Screen by Peca55
So, in the keyboard is a PrtScn key since first PC. Dut it do nothing, being useless for now. I should like to capture desktop window, using it's image on my document. Without third party programs, how can I do it on RC1?
October 8th 06 04:25 AM
by HDRDTD Go to last post
1 506
Has anything change with drivers for Logitech QuickCam for Vista? by JDR
I wonder whether anything has change with drivers for Logitech QuickCam, since this post appeared in August? Do the vendors / producers of Logitech webcams do have drivers for Vista ready? Thanks =============== Try the XP drivers - that is how I use my Pro 4000. -- Richard Hay
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 8th 06 05:13 AM
by V McGhee Go to last post
14 832
Editing recorded dvr-ms files by Nick Payne
Is there anything I can use to edit a recording made by media center off live TV? I just want to chop off the extraneous crap at the beginning and end so that I only have the program itself. I haven't found any way to do it in media center itself, and the recorded file has an extension of .dvr-ms. I tried opening in in the Womble MPEG editor that I usually use but nothing doing. What...
October 8th 06 03:12 PM
by Naveen Thumpudi [MSFT] Go to last post
1 628
Surround Sound 5.1 Incompatible? by kwdaves
I have had trouble making Ulead Video Studio 10, which has the Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1 codec included, work in Vista, but Video Studio with the AC-3 (Dolby Digital 2 channel) seems to work okay. I have seen several posts about 5.1 problems and was wondering if any other apps that have the Surround Sound 5.1 codec installed, work or don't work.
October 8th 06 04:24 PM
by kwdaves Go to last post
0 494
RC2 Media Player will not play videos (x64) by walk2k
It won't even play the "sample" videos included. WMP opens, but just to a blank screen. "Play" "Pause" etc does nothing. No error messages or anything, just WMP 11 will not play videos under RC2 (64 bit). It does play music and pictures just fine.
October 8th 06 05:40 PM
by David Griffin Go to last post
2 509
DVD Maker on RC2 (5744) by Dave Nuttall
I re-did my little test project (post on 9/23) on RC2 in the hope that some of the issues may have been dealt with. Everything seems to be the same, including the (MOST ANNOYING) 2 second delay on the audio. I also encountered the "99% done disk error" for the first time. The recovery from this error takes you all the way back to the beginning of the burn process, so when you put another...
October 8th 06 07:05 PM
by Dave Nuttall Go to last post
0 514
Folders with large numbers of video files crash by DrMeerkat
Windows explorer in Vista 32-bit crashes when it has to create preview thumbnails for large numbers of video files. I had my video folder on my half terabyte media drive crash windows explorer about 30 times before it finished rendering all of the 3-D icons for the videos and video folders. After it completed this process, it did not crash afterwards. In this initial phase, however, it...
October 8th 06 07:34 PM
by DrMeerkat Go to last post

From The