Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
video and voice not in sync when downloading. by Anestheu
When I go on line and watch a video. The video downloads but the voice download is slow or doesn't keep up with video, causing the video to stop and start until voice download catches up. Is the cause of this MSN "Fire-Wall" settings? -- Don Charlie ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this...
July 26th 08 06:57 AM
by Clevo[_49_] Go to last post
1 120
Windows Media Player 11 - Playlists by [email protected]
I have a small question that needs answering. I'm using WMP 11 on Vista 32Bit. I've tried for ages to find out though, so this is my last resort - when one is listening to music on WMP and setting up a playlist, it's incredibly annoying to have to constantly drag and drop songs into the playlist. I remember on WMP 10 that you were able to change the double clicks fuction so that it doesn't...
July 26th 08 03:20 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 101
Window Media Player - tracks skipping/corrupted at the end of a tr by Troman
When playing music through WMP 11 the tracks all tend to skip during the last few seconds. It doesn't matter where the track is sourced from. If I play the same tracks, from the same source through the same speakers on my Sandisc MP3 player they don't skip. It doesn't matter if my laptop is on my lap or on a stable surface. A friend mentioned I might need Codecs but I don't know what these...
July 25th 08 09:40 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
3 136
WMP 11 video problem by Ralph
Hi, Ive just had to reinstall Vista after a computer problem, and now, whenever I play a video or movie using WMP 11, I get a really annoying line straight across the picture, like two halves of the picture have been stuck together, but just not quite inline with each other. The same movies play fine in Windows Media Centre and on VLC player. Its worse when you play movies in full screen. It...
July 25th 08 07:52 PM
by Ralph Go to last post
0 98
Making media player as default by Ris
I've recently installed quicktime onto my pc and it has become my default player & open all media files using it. I would like to change back to windows media player as the default player, how do I go about it. Using Vista. thanks
July 25th 08 07:22 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 104
WMP 11 wont play any videos anymore - Help! :( by gonzo
I am running Vista and recently my WMP 11 quit working with any videos, even ones it used to play before. It's been a whlie since I tried to watch videos so I don't know the moment it happened. I have tried to install and uninstall many codec packs (K-lite, divx, xvid, ace, etc). The videos play fine in the Divx player, but when they play in WMP11 I get only audio, no video. I have...
July 25th 08 07:07 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
4 113
Security in Windows Media Player by serene
I have been using my media player to watch downloaded videos fro a course I am doing. All of a sudden I am getting a box telling me my security settings do not allow me to do so. I have not changed my settings and cannot figure out what is stopping it. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be much appreciated. Cheers
July 25th 08 07:01 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 147
Media Player not working in IE by wogboy112
Hi, I have a problem with playing embedded videos withing IE and I have also tried different Browsers it just shows the embedded movie as if its openinga jpeg and then shows a little red cross please help.. im running out of ideas
July 25th 08 03:40 PM
by wogboy112 Go to last post
0 108
Using Windows Media Player 11 for Vista by Bobby K
When I access a streaming video it doesn't stream, but asks to download. How can I go directly to streaming video. Works on my XP machines.
July 25th 08 12:26 PM
by Bobby K Go to last post
0 97
WMP 11 Vista Library not working by Chuck
I have the library is empty can not add or search or find songs on computer. Tried goring to media center and use MC library function and it says a component is missing. Can not create play list. WMP works 1 file at a time. Can't burn DRM protected content evan thought I have DRM rights. Any ideas on repair of Media center or WMP?
July 25th 08 06:51 AM
by DPK Go to last post
8 116
it says put in a recordable or rewrightable dvd ??? help by connor
-- it says put in a recordable or rewrightable dvd i have tryed many different types but i can't find the right dvd can you tell me what i should use connor whiteside
July 25th 08 03:04 AM
by connor Go to last post
0 117
WMP 11 on Vista Biz x64 Appcrash by bad_the_ba
I'm hoping zachd sees this, since I have followed many of his instructions and nothing has worked. Everything on his site looks very helpful, but I think my situation may be a little more unique. I installed Vista x64 several months ago, and have had Media Player working fine with K-lite codec pack (being Vista Biz, there was no out of the box DVD playback). It has also worked fine with Nero OEM...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 24th 08 11:26 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
11 216
Windows DVD Maker by amsxu04
When creating a DVD of pictures fo a slide show, how do you change the cover picture? It seems to have just randomly selected a picture and I don't want that picture on the front! Thanks! Amanda
July 24th 08 10:51 PM
by oscar Go to last post
1 112
Vista, WMP 11, Sound but no video, not codec problem. Pic included by Socomwiz
I'm not sure how this happened as I've been running a smooth machine and WMP worked fine by itself and in web browsers. I'm running Vista 32bit and have always used the included WMP 11. The problem is all I get is a blank screen, shown here with the white backround and the black box of any video of any file type I play using WMP 11 for example please view my...
July 24th 08 10:33 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
4 113
Windows Movie Maker by DanceLife713
I'm using Vista Basic on my laptop and when I'm trying to publish my video to my computer it won't finish. The last time I tried to publish the video it got up to 75% and then stopped but then the time continued to go up. There was another problem I was having, in the same video the song skipped on a part when the clip I used was muted and the song muted on that part as well.
July 24th 08 10:29 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 113
Problems burning CDs, audio and picture, with Media Player, etc. by crowmagnum
Lately, I've been unable to burn audio CDs using Media Player. I create playlist, insert blank CD-R, press "burn". After the CD is spit out, I get nothing - won't play in the computer or my CD player. I've also been unable to burn picture CDs. I have Nikon Picture Project. When I insert a blank CD, Auto Play pops up, which I usually cancel and hit "burn" in Picture Project. Again, nothing...
July 24th 08 09:47 PM
by crowmagnum Go to last post
3 104
MORE DVD MENUS ON WINDOWS DVD MAKER by sugerpud
Is there any way that we can add more DVD menues or templates to the windows DVD maker? Like what you can do in Powerpoint. I mean cause I would like more to choose from. Does anyone know?
July 24th 08 09:20 PM
by sugerpud Go to last post
0 98
No sound on DIVX movie download in WMP by Chemicalbrother2
I have downloaded a file from BTJunkie via Arzureus and then obtained DIVX to play once complete, the file recieved ok and the film is there in full and plays perfectly.....only no sound !!!! Any ideas
July 24th 08 09:31 AM
by nerex Go to last post
3 156
Media Player 11: Add file(s) / Tagging Questions by lx-s
Hi all, Since my iPod broke i wanted to get rid of iTunes and currently i'm experimenting with Media Player (since i prefer builtin solutions..). But there are a few things that bug me and i can't find anything about how to "fix" them. Maybe one of you can help me. First: Is it possible to add just one file to the media library and have Media Player automatically rename it? I love...
July 24th 08 06:46 AM
by lx-s Go to last post
1 110
Gigital Photos Lost by MARY ELLEN
I downloaded my camera with USB to computer pictures came up and I viewed them but not I can't find them. I have already deleted them off my camera. Could someone please help me!!!!!!!!!! -- Need A Spititual Lift SMILE at someone And They Will Smile Back
July 24th 08 04:33 AM
by jam123 Go to last post

From The