Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
syncing files with wmp11 by Dave
Hi when I synce files from wmp11 to my mp3 player, it puts mp3 files in folders, so i have various folders for each artist on my machine, I would rather have one folder with all the songs so that i can randomise the playlist. The only way i have found to achieve this is to load the files onto my machine and then using explorer copy and p[aste all the files from folders to the root....
April 19th 07 01:48 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 113
MS - Movie Maker by Dave
I have Vista Business, and I want to use Windows Movie Maker. Is it only available for XP? Is there an alternative for Vista? -- Dave
April 21st 08 05:21 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 133
capturing in media center by Dave
I have a Win Tv pvr 150. I would like to use the other "sources", (composite and svideo on the card). IE: using the composite to capture from a vcr. Can that be done in media center or am I stuck just using the TV tuner? I have other programs I can capture with, but I'm curious about using media center in vista... -- Dave
March 27th 08 10:42 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 138
Copy DVD slide show pictures by Dave
How can I copy individual potographs contained in a DVD slide show? I want to add photos are make a new slide show but i inadvertantly deleted all the photos I used to make the original DVD slide show. -- Dave
November 26th 08 04:02 PM
by Joan Archer[_3_] Go to last post
2 207
Backup Copy Protected CD's. by Dave
Hi all, I want to make a back up of a copy protected cd-rom. This is NOT piracy, I just want to keep the original disk in pristine condition. Can Vista Ultimate do this, or can anyone suggest an application that will? Thanks,
January 31st 08 09:48 PM
by Kevin Go to last post
3 169
MS - Vista web link by Dave
I have Vista Ultimate. I recieved an email with a web link for a web cam on a job site. http://healthcare.utah.edu/hospital_expansion/roof_cam1.htm I went into internet options, security, and trusted sites, and unchecked enable protected mode. When I run active X it acts like it loaded but nothing happens no error messages, the site opens but I do not see the web cam like I do on my XP
January 23rd 08 12:50 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 178
MS - Opening a web link by Dave
I have Vista Ultimate installed. I had an email sent to me with a link to a web cam for a job site. http://healthcare.utah.edu/hospital_expansion/roof_cam1.htm It wants me to install active X, I do and nothing happens. I have unchecked enable protected mode in the trusted tab of the security properties. -- Dave
January 23rd 08 12:47 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 167
Cant get pictures into Windows photo gallery by Dave
I have downloaded pics from memory cards before, and they just automatically load. Now, I when I insert the memory card, I am not able to view the pics? Any suggetions?? -- Dave
January 21st 08 04:28 AM
by Caleigh Go to last post
2 208
Burning useable mp3 data disc by Dave
I have tried unsucessfully to burn a mp3 data disc in both WMP and Explorer. The disc burns fine but cannot be read by any mp3 player. If I burn the data disc in a 3rd party app such as Roxio it works just fine. Any thoughts as to what Vista is doing to render the disc unreadable by mp3 players?
December 31st 07 07:07 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 108
Prevent images from stretching on a widescreen by Dave
I have a 22" monitor and Vista now stretches all images to fit the wider screen. I want to maintain the wide screen for all appications just not strectch jpgs, gifs, etc.
December 30th 07 05:53 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 135
Show photos on TV by Dave
I connected my laptop to my TV with an S-video cable, but cannot get my photos to show on the TV. I tried changing the aux. input settings on the TV, but still no photos. Any suggestions? If I get this to work, can I show videos too?
December 16th 07 07:42 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 160
PHOTOS by Dave
WHEN I PUT A DISC IN THE F DRIVE IT SHOWS THE NAME OF THE DISC BUT IT SAYS THAT THERE IS NO PICTURES ON THE DISC. CAN ANYONE HELP?? I CANT VIEW THE PICTURES , I KNOW THEY ARE THERE AND THEY OPEN ON MY XP SYSTEM.
May 12th 07 11:32 PM
by bhputney Go to last post
5 194
PHOTOS IN VISTA by Dave
LUCKY FOR ME THAT I BOUGHT MY NEW COMPUTER AT COSTCO WITH A 90 DAY TAKE BACK POLICY. WINDOWS VISTA SUCKS.. GOODBY TO ALL MY PROBLEMS AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY XP SYSTEM.. MICROSOFT HAS A WAYS TO GO WITH THEIR NEW VISTA SYSTEM.. NOW IF I CAN FIND A NEW LAPTOP WITH XP I WILL BE VERY HAPPY..
May 9th 07 10:32 PM
by jmc777 Go to last post
1 81
Windows Movie Maker XP Project sent to Vista's Movie Maker... by Dave
Windows Movie Maker XP Project sent to Vista's Movie Maker and will not open the file... I'm going back and forth between my school (XP) and home (Vista), and I just found out the hard way that I cannot bring projects to this machine. So, two questions: 1- Why? 2- How do I fix this? Thank You,
May 29th 07 08:42 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 91
WMP hiccups 20 seconds before end of song by Dave
Why does WMP go into major "hiccups" or skips/distortion exactly 20 seconds before the end of each song played? All these songs worked perfectly on XP's WMP but not on the new OS. And I have the identical problem on another brand new computer (Vista). Both are brand new, current drivers, state of the art. Is this hiccup caused because the system is accessing - or trying to figure out -...
June 7th 07 10:45 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 124
picture and fax viewer by Dave
hey folks this may be a silly question but its driving me nutts lol whenever i open a picture in the viewer it has a yellow tint and its messin with all my pics ..ive never seen this before and i beta tested vista for some reason i cannot find the settings to change this if anyone has any ideas let me know of if your interested in a ss let me know thanks Dave S
June 9th 07 09:24 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
1 160
Opening Video files in Vista Business by dave
I bought a JVC camcorder yesterday model number GZ-MG142EK but cannot open the MP2 files on my computer. I am using Vista business and I get a message "file not recognised." I can view the the video on my TV. I contacted JVC who said that it is probably a Vista problem and I should contact Microsoft. As you probably know it costs a fortune to contact Microsoft support. Can anyone help me...
November 22nd 07 11:50 AM
by dave Go to last post
1 116
Windows Media Player - Burning CD's by Dave 1989
I have been able to burn cd's from my laptop with no problems for a while, however recently whenever i try to burn a cd now, it comes up with data disc rather than music disc, and when the cd is burned, it doesnt work. Any advice?
July 9th 08 01:17 AM
by oscar Go to last post
1 148
Windows Vista Movie Maker by Dave Barnfield
I have a Canon DC100 camcorder and want to "edit" scenes on my laptop. I have tried to use Windows Movie Maker with no joy. Can anybody give me step by step instructions please!!!!:confused: -- Dave Barnfield
May 20th 09 04:25 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
1 348
Vista Protection Issue with WMA & MP3 audio files by dave c
Hi, can anyone offer an explanation for the following ? Receiving any mp3 or wma audio file appears to automatically convert unprotected audio files to protected files. The result being that WMP will only play them, not offering the option to copy/convert them. Other audio packages such as 'Jet audio' & 'Olympus (Dictation package)' will not open them, complaining about CODEX or DRM protection...
September 24th 07 02:50 PM
by dave c Go to last post

From The