Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Problems Media player by Eleonora
I have a couple of problems with WMP on Win vista home premium: from two days the option menu, of wmp is missing, or better i have only the settings to copy the cds and the mp bar (near the system tray, with the buttons to control the player) is inactive, I did right click on the bar and i saw that there is the flag on mp bar, but it doesn't work. What should I do? I want to add other two...
May 10th 07 09:12 AM
by Eleonora Go to last post
6 103
duplicate by Deborah
Thanks for helping me, I have another question, I have duplicate pics in different places in photo gallery, when I delete one from a folder or place it deletes all of them. What do I do about that? Thanks in advance.
August 9th 07 11:09 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
1 103
Photo Story 3 by Brian[_3_]
With Vista Movie Maker is there any reason why I would want to download PS3??? Thanks, bj
September 1st 07 11:28 PM
by Beejaysoo Go to last post
2 103
wireless signal strength indicator calibration by MyBad
Is there a way to calibrate the signal strength indicator in Vista. I have my laptop sitting right next to my wireless router and it only shows 60 percent. No matter what gadget I use it shows the same thing. Thanks
September 6th 07 10:20 PM
by MyBad Go to last post
0 103
Media player question by Bub
Just got a new computer with windows vista and the media player stinks. My laptop is xp and the old media player is 3x as fast. What's up? The new one takes SOOOOO long to load and play. Is there a patch or update for this? Thanks, Bob
September 6th 07 10:42 PM
by Bub Go to last post
0 103
wmp 11 problem with cod2 by Retribate
how do i uninstall wmp 11? i need to either downgrade wmp or lose it completely as it conflicting with my game and need to get rid of 11.
September 22nd 07 11:52 PM
by Retribate Go to last post
0 103
Burning disk in Media Player by Nox
I download purchased music from Walmart which comes with licenses. Problems of the past Microsoft upgrades mediaplayer and you loose licenses now have to go through numorous things to get them back. To avoid this if I burn the music to cd Now I have them permently. My problem is mediaplayer which is all that reads the copyright and burns it but it won't leave the disk open it finalizes it....
September 23rd 07 06:14 PM
by Nox Go to last post
0 103
syncing to cell phone by JimmyC813
i am having trouble syncing music to my sanyo phone, all my files are in wma format and i need to have them in mp3 format....does anyone know how to possibly transfer them to mp3??
November 3rd 07 03:43 PM
by JimmyC813 Go to last post
0 103
Windows Movie Maker by Han
Hi, I have a windows vista laptop and have made a movie using windows movie maker, i wanted to send it to a friend who has windows xp via email but when he tried to open it it said something like not able to support the file, do i need to change a setting or format somewhere along the way in order for it to work? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help,
November 10th 07 02:48 PM
by Michael Go to last post
3 103
Windows Movie Maker - Won't Publish due to Data Execution Preventi by Sneck1001
I use Windows Movie Maker Version 6.0.6.000.16386 My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium. I am trying to publish a movie with Movie Maker, but the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) activates and stops Movie Maker from publishing the movie. I tried to turn off the DEP in the advanced settings for Movie Maker in my system properties, like the windows help and support suggested, but...
August 9th 07 08:53 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 103
can't get the 'rip when inserted' to turn off by charlie
i've clicked the never option (to rip when inserted). but it still starts ripping .it's doing this on songs i'm trying to add one at a time. i put in a disc with 10 songs and it didn't rip automaticly.
August 18th 07 09:19 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 103
Hear sounds in Vista photos screensaver by baz
Love how the Vista photos screensaver plays my home videos - but it doesn't play any sound. Any ideas how I can get the sound happening?
May 10th 07 03:59 PM
by baz Go to last post
0 103
Video Import Problem by afret
When importing video clips from digital camcorder with third-party software (Pixela ImageMixer3 or Roxio Easy Media Creator 9), MPG clips are imported to my "Videos" folder. However, When I open the "Videos" folder, I get multiple warnings that Rundll32 has encountered a problem and must close. When I try to import the MPGs from the "Videos" folder into my movie production program...
May 18th 07 07:34 AM
by afret Go to last post
0 103
movie maker and DEP issue by jtangTHQ
recently bought a pc with vista home premium. tried to import videos and it comes up with an issue where movie maker must close due to Data Execution Prevention. it says if DEP is stopping trusted programs, turn it off for that program via control panel, this cant be done for movie maker as movie maker NEEDS DEP up (as it informed me when i tried). as for a movie maker update (the...
August 19th 07 03:34 PM
by ryan Go to last post
2 103
Windows Media Player won't play some recorded .asf files by Alex
There is no apparent reason why one file will play back and the next moment iqual file from same source won't. Have got error message about file type or codec. Obviously not applicable since it supports .asf and the same codecs have played in other files. Also got to Error C00D1199 but can't find nothing in its breakdown that seems to apply. The files were recorded from streaming. My OS is...
July 2nd 07 11:47 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 103
wmp 11 library by Larry
i installed AVG and the i lost my library. i have since3 unistalled AVG but no library
July 3rd 07 08:14 AM
by Ian Go to last post
1 103
WMP + MS Keyboard = problem with media keys by Hikari
Hello, I have Vista Ultimate x64 and Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A (IntelliType for the system downloaded in January 2007, I think it shoud be 6.1). I noticed a strange problem when I'm running Windows Media Player 11 and I try to control it with media keys on the keyboard. Depending on the active software* when I press any media button the command is performed two times: - my...
September 5th 07 12:54 PM
by Martin Kup Go to last post
1 103
Timing Problem by Movie Maker
Does anyone know if you can change the length of time a pic. is displayed for all of the pics. at once?
July 12th 07 09:34 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
1 103
Instructed to "Reinstall the Player" in Vista... by BK
I tried to play a DRM-protected file (for which I have the appropriate licenses) in Vista, and got the error message: "Windows Media Player is not installed properly. Reinstall the Player." When I click "Web Help", I get sent to a page which provides a download of WMP 11 ... in XP, not Vista. Vista came pre-installed on my laptop, and I think that the OS disc I have is probably a rescue...
August 11th 07 02:25 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 103
Tag Auto-completion in Photo Gallery for XP? by rick
I've seen demos of tagging in photo gallery where the tag auto-completes with previous tags that match your typing. This doesn't seem to work for photo gallery on XP, though. I'm just wondering if there is something I have to enable to get this feature. For example, if I want to tag a photo with Places/North America/Boston/Esplanade, I'd rather just write "Esplanade" and have the full tag...
November 11th 07 06:53 AM
by rick Go to last post

From The