Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Snipping Tool Image Question by Jerry
Snipping Tool Question I use Vista Home Premium. I was replying to a Microsoft forum and wanted to insert a screen shot of a message on my computer. Using the Snipping Tool, I copied the screen shot to my Documents file and inserted it in a Word document. When I replied to the Microsoft forum, I copied the Word document to the forum and my text appeared, but my screen shot did not. How can...
July 24th 08 03:02 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
6 267
Sequential photo listing by thxheynow
When i have a folder of photos in an order i want and do a select all and rename the first pic to (1) why does vista take it upon itself to change the order and scramble the pics into some illogical order???!! SO if i had pics of a house being built one would be a concrete slab the next ends up being shingling the roof as pic two.... it doesnt make sense. I have been burning my pics onto a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 24th 08 02:40 AM
by Dave Go to last post
24 745
moving a folder by cee
i have successfully done a rename of a folder, including changing the date, in a batch-rename. but the folder is still listed in the photogallery under the original (and incorrect) date. it is now listed under february 6, 2006, but i want december 30, 2005. how do i change the name of the folder in the list of folders, so that i can move it back to december 2005. for that matter, how do...
July 24th 08 02:12 AM
by cee Go to last post
0 230
Audio cut off at end of video by KStorm
I have a short 5 min. video with a few songs (mp3) included as an audio track. At the very end of the video (when played through WMP 11), the last song is cut off by about 10 seconds, although during editing, the song completes playback. I have the music starting right after the title; I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I would appreciate help; it's for a 50th birthday party...
July 24th 08 12:16 AM
by KStorm Go to last post
0 244
Just audio, no video on Vista by Bill
I have a few video files that play ok on my XP Windows Media Player 11, but not so well on my new Vista Windows Media Player 11. I can hear but not see ..avi files, and cannot even open (or even view properties) on mpeg Movie files. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Bill
July 23rd 08 09:33 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
6 311
jvc import video to vista by budstundra
I bought a new factory installed vista and cannot import video from my 4 year old JVC digital camcorder. It recognizes it, firewire connected but will not import either in a Pinnacle program or Windows movie maker. JVC said it may not be vista compatible, what is a person to do, buy another new camera???? Any suggestions?
July 23rd 08 07:15 PM
by aimes Go to last post
8 267
new Movie Maker tip by PapaJohn
I received an email from someone this morning who uses the VOB files on discs from a DVD camcorder as source files for Movie Maker projects.... the user was wondering how the thumbnail images in the collection can be maintained as different discs get put in. Other file properties get mixed also... I just added this tip #7 to my Vista Importing page. ============================
July 23rd 08 06:30 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
0 236
DMA2100 Linksys Media Extender by bkitch
I have a DMA2100 Linksys Media Extender that I had working with my Windows Vista Ultimate PC at one time. I am now experiencing the same issue I had previously with a connection failure. Both the DMA2100 and the Windows Vista PC are using a wired ethernet connection. Does anyone have the magic answer as to why I continue to have connection issues? I believe the initial problem was actually...
July 23rd 08 06:15 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
3 254
windows media player by Troya
hi, i just have a question and hope that someone could answer it asap When i try to burn audio cd's on my computer (using windows media player), it re-arranges them in a different order in which i wanted them to be...Does anyone know how to burn in the exact same order i want them to be? I would appreciate if someone could email me with the answer ... my email is:
July 23rd 08 05:54 PM
by oscar Go to last post
2 246
opening a pic in windows photo gallery by mapbata
No matter which oic I click, the entire gallery opens and I have to search for the pic. Help!
July 23rd 08 04:39 PM
by mapbata Go to last post
0 227
CAN'T ADD TO AN EXISTING DVD-RW by Deb318
I thought if I used a DVD-RW I could add to it as I accumulated more pics. It asked me to either put in a new disc or to rewrite over the old stuff. I thought it would make mark where I left off. Am I going doing something wrong or is that just how it is?. You can email your answers also to Thanks so much!
July 23rd 08 04:17 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 255
pictures permanently deleted are still showing when searched :( by sag
I use the Pictures folder alot on my Vista based computer, and recently I was sorting through some of the pictures, deciding which ones to keep and which to delete. Most of these I have copied from my digital camera, and some I have downloaded from the web. Well, after having gone through them all, there is at least one in particular that I cannot seem to delete. I don't want it
July 23rd 08 03:52 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
3 203
Photo Gallery Error Message by Michelle
When I try to view a picture that was downloaded off of my camera I get the error message "Photo gallery can't open this picture because you do not have permission to access the file location." I am logged into Windows Vista Home Premium addition as an administrator. Also in the thumbnail view, the thumbnail is not the picture just a blank blue icon. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any...
July 23rd 08 01:21 PM
by Tina Z. Go to last post
7 271
missing letters in my published movie maker movie by tom
hope someone knows the answer to this when i was making a video recently with titles. the last letter of the title were missing on the published video even though they were visible on screen when i was making it. i have tried it on 2 different computers now and i still end up with the sam e problem any help on this wil be gratefully received
July 23rd 08 12:24 PM
by Almk Go to last post
3 267
Windows media centre and captions by Kweku21
Question. I thought captions included the title of the photo in the EXIF metadata file. Instead, I only see the name of the photo and the date - in my case, the same thing, How do I get a slide show with the title as well? I've jsu spent a long time entering this data to each photo and would like to show it! RS
July 23rd 08 12:12 PM
by Kweku21 Go to last post
0 319
No sound recording ? audacity. by Martin Vaupell
Been playing with mixing fun stuff, with bits and parts from ewrywhere in to a compilation of humor etc.. I used Audacity from http://audacity.sourceforge.org. back on windows xp, Now i run vista premium, same hardware/setup but vista wont allow audacity to record whats being played from the what ewer is currently playing.
July 23rd 08 11:20 AM
by Djebz Go to last post
7 482
html and wmv files using 'backward' relative addressing by Bill
Hi, My html code can call and run wmv files if the wmv file is in the same folder or a sub-folder as the html file calling it. But I normally like to keep my code and images in separate folders viz: (..\contents for html, ..\images for jpg files and ..\videos for wmv files). The relevant code extracts of an html file located in ..\contents are PARAM name="FileName"...
July 23rd 08 06:37 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 277
front panel video inputs by Chris
Hi, I have hooked a VCR to the video inputs on the front of my PC. I would like to make a copy of a tape on my hard drive. I pushed play on the VCR but I don't see the images. What do I need to do? Thanks
July 23rd 08 04:37 AM
by Helpfool?[_2_] Go to last post
4 248
recovering pictures by nikkichick01
I placed my SD card into the slot and now the pictures are not there. I took the card out and put it back into my camera and still no pics! There were 14 pictures on the card before I put it into the computer! Please help is there anyway to recover those pictures???
July 22nd 08 07:07 PM
by Helpfool?[_2_] Go to last post
4 360
download mp3 sound files by vmasip
I use to down load mp3 files from a radio page. Before everything was ok, but recently when I download them the ara transformed authomaticaly into mpge files. not giving me the opportunity to keep them as mp3
July 22nd 08 06:08 PM
by vmasip Go to last post

From The