Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
"Media changing..." Six second delay for songs to start playing in by M. Krantz
Hey. Anyone else noticed that when you click on a song to play in WMP 11 in Vista that it takes six seconds or so before it starts to play. I get a message saying "Media changing." It's odd because my XP system with the same music files played songs in about 2 seconds. Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 07 12:44 AM
by juliusharry Go to last post
18 403
windows photo gallery by jaytee
photo gallery when I click to play a slide show I get the message photo gallery has stoped working and windows will close this program (says it will look for a solution but never get one) I have to re install vista twice since buying my computer a few weeks ago to get programs within vista to work Calender give me the same message on boot up but seems to work ok when clicked on from the...
June 21st 07 09:28 AM
by jaytee Go to last post
0 115
microsoft picture it by helenagirl
Hi. I have an old version of Picture It (2002). Vista will not accept it- it won't let me install it. The problem is, I have files done in that program that I need to access. How do I get them open? Is there a compatible program that will open the files? -- milee
June 21st 07 01:51 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 122
Cannot burn shared music by Skinnybobb
I have a laptop running vista premium. I am using windows media player 11. I have 2 users for this laptop. I have created a playlist using music from both users (both are shared to each other) However, when I drag my playlist into a burn list and select burn I get the following message: It is not possible to burn this list of files because some of the files have
June 21st 07 12:50 PM
by Skinnybobb Go to last post
0 112
Cannot paste album art by macphisto13
I got a new computer and have been updating my music files for a couple of weeks without issue. I have been going to the web and grabbing album art for my old files that did not have it. Then this morning, Windows Media Player removed that option! Here's what I have been doing. In the Library (either in song or album display, I would right mouse click on the album (where is says Paste...
June 23rd 07 09:33 AM
by Richard Quayle Go to last post
1 145
Movie Make Audio just stopped working on some files by Gooberpea
I have vista home Prem...Been using movie maker and all of a sudden not all avi files will play the audio portion. Any suggestion? when I view the avi files using other program like quick time the audio portion works just fine. -- Yabba Dabba Dooo Take me to you leader.
June 21st 07 06:53 PM
by Gooberpea Go to last post
0 129
mscsm.dll error message by Alan
I get this error message when I try to open a photo in photo gallery. Also, the alt shift feature that toggle between open programs doesn't give the same display Any clues?
June 22nd 07 03:29 AM
by Alan Go to last post
0 146
WMP 11 and trustedinstaller.exe by Mark Veldhuis
Hi, Using WMP 11 on Windows Vista Ultimate. When I play something with WMP (MP3, ASF, webstreams, etc. etc.), and I stop the playback (or close WMP), the CPU usage of trustedinstaller.exe skyrockets to 70 to almost 100% for a while. This is very annoying, and I have not been able to find a solution for this, other than killing the Windows Modules Installer (which is something I don't want to...
June 22nd 07 03:16 PM
by Mark Veldhuis Go to last post
0 134
Windows Movie Maker exporting problems by keltarrant
my movie maker will export up to 70% then stop and the estimated time will slowly go up. is this something i can fix. My computer exports wells up to that point. errr i made an awesome video i can show anyone yet :(
June 22nd 07 04:30 PM
by keltarrant Go to last post
0 133
Win Movie Maker by [email protected]
I have a ton of Vids in .avi format. And when i try to import any of them into movie maker it says Windows Movie Maker Has Stopped Working. My options are to check online for solution (that has done nothing the past 200 times) or close the program. Neither of these help me at all. What is the problem? I thought the vid might be to large so i got a very small one (35meg) still won't work. Any...
June 21st 07 03:25 AM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
1 146
zap2it pulling the plug by Jon Davis
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/06/20/1920224 Doesn't Media Center use zap2it for the Guide features? Does this news mean something bad for Media Center, such as Microsoft having to send an Automatic Update to either kill the Guide or ask the Windows user for a credit card number to start using Gemstar, or something? Jon
June 21st 07 06:17 PM
by dickm Go to last post
3 150
Windows Media Player 11 and Vista by Connie L
Does ANYONE know how to fix this problem? I cannot play ANY music I have purchased since getting my new Vista system. The music I previously owned works fine but nothing I buy and download will play. It simply states it cannot open the file. This appears to be a DRM issue but I can't figure out how to fix it. I can't even find a place to download WMP 11 for Vista. This exact thing also...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 23rd 07 02:08 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
10 213
why do my videos only cover 1/4 of the screen using dvd maker by Grickle
I'm burning dvr-ms recorded televison shows to dvd. I'm using Windows Dvd Maker. When everything finishes the videos are only about 1/4 of the tv screen. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here or how to fix it. Thanks, Grickle
June 22nd 07 08:48 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
5 193
Problems with Playing Storyboard by Rangerfied
I recently got a new PC in March and it's running the Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit version. I have imported my video clips into the Windows Movie Maker and have been adding transitions and effects. The problem is when I click on a frame and press the play icon in the preview pane. Nothing happens. It won't play a preview so I can tell if I like what I've done. I've also had issues of it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 07 07:00 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
13 299
Vista Home Premium and WMC recorded TV by BigJohn
Every once in awhile I cannot get the recorded tv function to work. I press for "add recording" then "manual" or "guide" and set what I want to record and It does Not Record anything nor advise why. I can do this ten times before it finally Does record what I want???? Any ideas on this frustrating situation?
June 23rd 07 02:55 AM
by TomLives2000 Go to last post
1 139
...disk space is allocated... by Cherrygar
In WMM, I have been working on a project for some time now, and have created a tape on my digital camera, then created a dvd from the digital camera...all has been good except........i have added some footage...about 3 mins more including video (which i already had same video of that type in it), and a few more pictures. Now, when I try to publish the movie to the digital camera, it says...
June 21st 07 12:44 AM
by Cherrygar Go to last post
2 148
Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB drivers (3.4b) available by Cal Bear '66
Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB drivers (3.4b) available Note: This download is applicable to other Hauppauge products also (check this chart): http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/Promotions/vista.html -- I Bleed Blue and Gold
June 21st 07 01:41 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
4 121
Windows Media Player won't start by henrikwl
Greetings! I have a problem with my Media Player 11 on Vista Ultimate. Whenever it is started, it simply exits - no window ever popping up, no event logged, nothing. This happes regardless of whether I run it as Admin, as a user, whether I start it via shortcut or double-click a .wm* file. I tried the fix in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925704 but it didn't help. Has anybody got any idea...
June 21st 07 09:27 PM
by henrikwl Go to last post
6 162
Photo Gallery fit to windows problem by Daniel
I have many picture that are 1280x1024 and when i view them in photo gallery they are set to fit to window and they don't appear to be shrunk in proportion with the length and width. My display is 1280x1024.
June 20th 07 11:05 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
0 116
ID3v2 embedbed album art? by Eric
I recently got a new PC running Vista Premium. I'm wondering how MP 11 handles album art. From what I've read, it creats a jpg called "folder.jpg" and puts it in the respective folder. However, on my old PC I used a program than embedded album art in the ID3v2 tag, that way you wouldn't need to keep track of exrtra "folder.jpg" files. The program I used doesn't run on Vista (yet), so I'm...
June 22nd 07 10:47 PM
by Eric Go to last post

From The