Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Music Folder by Websken
Please can anyone tell me why I have number appearing before the record title, i.e. in the 'Name' column the records appear as '01 All Night Long', 01 Blue Monday, 01 Feeling Good' etc. There are 37 records beginning this way, before it goes on to 02 and so on. The change seemed to take place after I had been looking in Windows Media Player and selected 'Tools Apply Media Information...
June 27th 07 07:39 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
4 151
Destination Path To Long by Garrick
I Downloaded a MP3 music file on my second hard drive. When I try to delete it, it desplays that the Destination path is to long. "It tells me that the file name(s) would be to long for the destination folder." "Then tells me that I can shorten the file name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path." It will not let me delete it or rename it. I also tried to move it into a...
June 27th 07 09:34 PM
by Garrick Go to last post
4 130
Error 0x88982F05 editing photo by Joao Beltrao
When I try to edit some of my photos on Windows Vista Photo Gallery, or when I simply try to change some attributes through Windows plain file explorer, I get an error 0x88982F05: no error description available Does anyone know what this means?
June 28th 07 12:06 AM
by Joao Beltrao Go to last post
0 270
Red Eye is not red in animal photos by Citizen X
I am attempting edit and fix pictures in Windows Vista Ultimate, Photo Gallery for the first time, for some elderly friends. Most of the shots they wanted are of there pet dogs and cats. The eyes do not reflect back red, they reflect green. When I tried to use the Red Eye tool, it had no effect. Has anyone encountered this situation and resolved it to their satisfaction. Any input would be...
June 28th 07 11:08 AM
by Mac Go to last post
1 149
Audacity by asgrew
I am transferring my old vinyl records using Audacity. When I "export as WAV", the file is saved in the Music folder. how can I get it from there to my WIMP library? -- asgrew
June 28th 07 04:25 PM
by Mac Go to last post
1 136
web cam by ak norsky
where do the snapshots i take go on my computer? i have a built in webcam on my toshiba lap top. it takes snapshots but i cant find where they go.
June 28th 07 06:52 PM
by ak norsky Go to last post
2 124
Sony NW-E002 MP3 Device and Sync problems by snowshine
My new Sony USB MP3 Device could not be sync with the music files came in with the VISTA's WMP music file. I opened the WMP and cliked on the Sync tab. Then dragged the music tracks that came with the VISTA in it's music file to the right column to sync. now I clicked the sync button . I could see a green bar moving to suggests that music files transfer to the MP3 device. Now when I unplug...
June 28th 07 08:03 PM
by Michael D Go to last post
2 132
ripped music skipping on playback? by mozmic dancer
help, i have a brand new laptop loaded with vista, the problem i have is when i rip cds, they rip ok they save ok, its when i play back from my library they ALL skip towards the end of the track. i have tried playing the cd through first, not running any other applications whilst ripping etc, but nothing seems to make a difference. my cds are all genuine copies not burnt ones. i am not...
June 28th 07 10:25 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 122
Movie maker just sits while publishing; not frozen Please Help by eheinze88
Hey guys, I've just today had a problem with publishing movies. No matter what video format setting I chose, when it starts to publish the movie to my hard drive, the first second it's running great: both processor cores are running close to 100 percent, and ram usage is about 1.5 gb out of my 2 gb. But then after 1 percent is finished, the processor cores start running at ~ 2 percent, ram...
June 28th 07 11:50 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
1 116
Movie DVDs by Bob J
My desktop DVD/Cd drive does not recognize/load commercial Movie DVDs. Regional setting correct Australia - Region 4. -= (Have reset, just incase) Drive will recognize /load every other form of DVD/CD. Checked for most recent Driver. The DVDs operate OK on other machines and DVD player attached to TV Any suggestions or solutions welcome, even obvious ones!!!!! Vista Home Premium installed &...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 29th 07 01:01 AM
by Benny__RT Go to last post
14 236
Movie Maker- DVD cuts off top of pictures by Michael
I made a slide show with music. When I published it as a DVD and played it on my t.v., it cut off the top of each picture. I published it in both 4:3 and 16:9 format, but on my standard (4:3) t.v., both formats cut off the heads. Any suggestions?
June 29th 07 03:48 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
1 130
Windows Photo Gallery -Suddenly Not Finding Pictures in Folders RE by sbyun
(Someone from the Product Team please help me!!!) I've been using WPG successfully for a few months. Suddenly it's not finding any new pictures in the linked folders. Details: I have a folder on my hard drive called "Pics_005". This folder is already added to WPG. Within this folder, there are 10 subfolders. When I originally added Pics_005 to WPG, the 10 subfolders were automatically detected...
June 29th 07 11:36 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 120
RE-Import Pictures Using Windows? by EricB
Does anyone know how to import pictures more than once? Deleting the folder where they were imported originally doesn't reset the flag that they have been imported already - so you get the "No new pictures on device prompt". I've been having corruption issues and need to reload older photos to test a possible fix - incase you were wondering why I want reload stuff... Thanks - Eric
June 29th 07 11:42 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 120
frostwire by chobynne
hello, what's the difference between Frostwire and Limewire ,which one runs better with Vista Premium? Thank you
June 29th 07 02:38 PM
by chobynne Go to last post
0 127
playmovies on Mediaplayer by Brad
when I playmovies on Mediaplayer (Vista home prem), the picture starts to freeze about once every minute, sometimes more, sometimes less. when i try to burn dvd it says my vidoes card not good Any ideas?its a ausus mother board
June 29th 07 02:56 PM
by Bob J Go to last post
1 118
media centre by Beau
I,ve just bought a new laptop. Had it 4 about two weeks and now my media centre and player have dissapeared. I know they are on here somewhere. could someone tell me how to get them back plz. laptop came with all software pre-installed, so i don't have any discs. Running windows vista. Thanks
June 29th 07 03:02 PM
by Bob J Go to last post
1 118
Printing time stamped pictures by tds631
I need to print some pictures that have the time stamp showing when they were taken. I cannot find an option in the Windows Photo Gallery to allow me to do that. Is there a way to print with the time stamp?
June 29th 07 10:18 PM
by tds631 Go to last post
0 115
Quicktime problem on Vista? by Tom from WI
I have some movies created on my Kodak Z740 digital camera. They are all ..MOV files. When I play them on my Win XP computer with QuickTime 6.5 they play flawlessly. When I transfer the .MOV files to my Vista computer and try to play them with QuickTime 7.1.6, they don't play properly. Some play but become pixelated, some crash the computer becuase they had a "buffer overrun" problem. My...
June 29th 07 10:57 PM
by Tom from WI Go to last post
2 117
And yet again another Realtek HD Audio driver update (ver. 1.70) by Cal Bear '66
Updated Realtek HD Audio drivers (ver. 1.7.0, dated 28 June 2007) http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
June 30th 07 02:12 AM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 137
How to record sound clips or music using the sound recorder? by GT
In XP i use to record sound clip using the sound recorder by modifying the sound control setting in XP. I forgot to do this in XP and now trying to figure out how to do it in XP and vista. anyone know how to do that or know the link for using sound recorder? I want to record a sound clip found in websites.
June 30th 07 02:33 AM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post

From The