Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
annoying bug in Adjust Visual Effects in standard user account.fix by GT
Ok the adjust visual setting is useles in standard user account even when putting a administrator account. When turning off the computer the visual setting is not remember. In order for the setting to be remember user must turn off the User account control first then change the visual setting. Bug like this will prevent user from using the standard user account.
June 30th 07 02:42 AM
by GT Go to last post
0 134
how to make default action for opening an image file with photo ga by javanic
When I switched to Vista (from XP Pro) I found that double-clicking an image file opened images in Microsoft Photo Editor. That is NOT what I wanted. So I tried right-click-Open With---and chose Windows Photo Gallery. That opens the gallery, but not the picture I wanted. Is this really the way it works? How can I make an image file open in the Windows Photo Gallery by default?
June 30th 07 03:36 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
2 166
DVD with Pictures not being read by Simon
I burnt a DVD about a month ago from a Camera Card, a couple of days later I added images and checked the old ones and could see, The disk then went to Europe where it was unreadable disk as unreadable and was returned. I cannot see the images now either, If I go to properties I see that the disk has something on it about a 1/4 full but when I insert it, I get the Vista message about a...
June 30th 07 06:09 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 134
slow/stalled video stream by ginamarie
I have a new computer with Windows Vista. I can watch videos that are downloaded or on a DVD with no problem. But whenever I try to watch a streamed video, like on YouTube or Myspace, it freezes and stalls. It takes forever to watch a couple of minutes of video. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My computer at work is a lot older and I have no problem with that one. I'd think my new...
June 30th 07 08:00 AM
by ginamarie Go to last post
4 138
VIEWING THUMBNAILS by tattoo113
Hi when I go to my Yahoo mail and try to view the thumbnails all I get is a square box with a piece of paper in it with a bent corner. This just started. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great weekend and a safe 4th. John
June 30th 07 03:54 PM
by tattoo113 Go to last post
0 113
Import DV to Movie Maker Issues-Plays in Fast Forward-distorted So by RAWK227
As stated above...Imported Video Clips to Movie maker so I could edit. When I click on a clip it plays in FAST FORWARD and sound distortion, which I am sure is related to the FF. I tried to Open in Media player, but the clips play the same way...I have searched for a solution and a few days later I still cant find one. Any one familiar with this and know how to fix it? Thanks Does anyone...
June 30th 07 04:17 PM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
1 126
Windows vista dvd maker by pammie77
I am trying to make a dvd of a movie I made with a digital video camera in 16:9 PAL format. In windows vista dvd maker options I have selected the 16:9 aspect ratio but when the movie is viewed on my TV, it is in 4:3 aspect ratio. What am I doing wrong?
June 30th 07 04:23 PM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
1 135
Video Card Installation by Taimyrpup
I currently run an AMD dual core system with Windows Vista. Is it possible to install the video card from my old Pentium IV / Windows XP into the AMD system? The video card is an ATI Radeon. This will be just a temporary fix until I am able to buy the card that I want.
June 30th 07 04:59 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 127
Wanting to add text slides to Windows Movie Maker by sharon
Is there a way to do this? I would like to add just a plain text slide within the movie...but I see no option for doing so. I have Vista.
June 30th 07 10:00 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
2 126
.mov files by ncaldan
With my previous computer I could play .mov files with Windows Media Player. Now I have a newer computer with Vista, and cannot play .mov files... Any suggestions? -- ncaldan
July 1st 07 03:41 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
2 117
Vista Media Center can't play video by Windows Vista
Hi, I am trying to connect my Vista based PC with Media Center to my Xbox 360 to view my videos. Somehow when I go into Media Center in Xbox 360, click on a video, it doesn't do anything, just highlight it (enlarged the thumbnail). I went back to my Vista PC, launch Media Center, click on a video, it does the same thing, even the sample videos preloaded in Vista doesn't play, just...
July 1st 07 04:34 AM
by Windows Vista Go to last post
0 102
Picture and videos won't play in Media Center Vista by Windows Vista
Music files played ok, but picture and videos won't play in Media Center Vista version.
July 1st 07 04:38 AM
by Windows Vista Go to last post
0 117
Can files be restored from player to computer? by sturmd
The tech guys gave me a new computer while I was out one day and lost all my music files. Is it possible to restore them to my computer from my MP3 player?
July 1st 07 05:24 AM
by sturmd Go to last post
2 123
Media Center Vista, not recognising files by Rich in Madrid
Hi folks, I have Media Center on my laptop running with Vista, it does not recognise any movie files I have,not even the sample ones that where installed with the laptop it recognises the folder put states it is empty. I can open the folder & play the files in WMP or DivX but Media Center wont. The files are a mostly in AVI
July 1st 07 05:32 AM
by Windows Vista Go to last post
1 117
Vista Media Center - No Movies Found by Windows Vista
Howcome I can't even play the sample videos come loaded with Vista? When I mouse over a video, it just "enlarge" it, but when i click the mouse, nothing happens. Why? "Steven G" wrote: MCE reads only WMV and MPEG only, sadly. "CmH" wrote:
July 1st 07 05:36 AM
by Windows Vista Go to last post
0 111
Import mp3 files into Vista by -K.
After speaking with technical support, I am hearing that the Windows Vista Movie Maker Program cannot import mp3 music files. Is it possible to change an mp3 file to a wma file? Thanks for any help!
July 1st 07 05:36 AM
by Truongs Go to last post
6 185
WMM 6.0 codecs for vista by lmeer
Where do I get these missing codecs?? I need to import MPEG4 audio files and wmm says it's missing the codec. I can't seem to locate any downloads for this. Please help!
July 1st 07 08:46 AM
by P. Di Stolfo Go to last post
1 140
Pictures + sound? by Huib
Hi, I know that speech can be recorded. But can that speech-file be linked on a picture and can afterwards the picture + sound be presented? Regards Huib
July 1st 07 12:19 PM
by Huib Go to last post
0 135
Emergency!!! by Cherrygar
Hope someone can help me...I only have one week to finish this video for my son's graduation and I've got a problem I can't figure out. I will try to explain it the best I can...and I pray that someone can help me...PLEASE Everything was working fine...music, transitions, video clips....but for some reason, and it may have been when I was adding transitions, or maybe adding a picture, the...
July 1st 07 02:44 PM
by wayne Go to last post
6 133
PDA media sync problem by Jason Henley
Hiya, I have an iPaq 2490 running wm5. The problem that I have is that it is not showing in WMP11 as a portable device or even when I try to sync with MCE (on Vista Ultimate). The device sync's fine for contacts, calendar etc but not media. It is shown in Portable Devies under device manage but not in the device manager in WMP 11.
July 1st 07 02:44 PM
by Jason Henley Go to last post

From The