Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
IPod Support in Media Player? by NoEsFacil
I don't personally use ITunes and would love to be able to sync using the new Media PLayer. Does anybody know if there is a driver for sync IPOD.
July 1st 07 02:57 PM
by Cyn Go to last post
8 229
Lost photos by sides
I copied photos from one folder to another. I incorrectly choose copy and replace and now can no longer find the photos that were replaced. Is there a way of getting them back? -- Interim Innkeeper
July 1st 07 04:09 PM
by Huib Go to last post
2 130
aol pictures don't decompress by DebbieC
I seemed to have changed a setting on my computer that prevents aol from automatically decompressing pictures that are downloaded from aol pictures. It no longer gives me the option to "extract all". I can pick a program to open with, but nothing works. Does anyone know how to fix it so pictures will automatically decompress again?
July 1st 07 05:08 PM
by DebbieC Go to last post
0 89
When Movie Maker isn't enough... by Adam Albright
Many times Movie Maker just can't cut it. You know that. I've made suggestions in the past, but perhaps you don't want to invest more money to get something better. Two applications anyone seriously into making videos should have, both free, one you may know about, the other you may not have heard of and surprise, it's also from Microsoft, but tucked away in some dark corner of their...
July 1st 07 08:33 PM
by Mac Go to last post
2 93
Bluescreen when opening music file by Bas
Today i bought a new motherboard (asus m2n32-SLI Deluxe) and i installed Windows Vista Ultimate. When i wanted to open a song with mediaplayer i waited and i got a bluescreen and windows vista was shut down. I tried it a couple of times, but everytime the same thing..... Anybody know what this could be ???
July 1st 07 09:34 PM
by Bas Go to last post
0 91
Windows Photo Gallery by George
How do you arrange the pics within a file ? Would like to arrange my pics in a certain sequence within a file but am unable to drag and drop. Any suggestions ?? Thanks for now
July 1st 07 11:40 PM
by George Go to last post
0 86
Video Hardware by Jahkey238
I recently bought an Averatec 6200. It already had Vista Home Premium loaded onto it. When I try to open anything from Microsoft Video Maker to using different programs, it says that my video hardware is not supported. If there's a way to find drivers (besides going to Averatec, because they were no help) how and where would I find them. Please Help!!! I love this computer and Vista as well....
July 1st 07 11:50 PM
by Curious Go to last post
2 111
media player in vista by Larry
it has stopped working first i lost my liberary. it wont load
July 2nd 07 12:52 AM
by Larry Go to last post
0 105
AOL 9.0VR save picture file inop. by 1houdini
Why is that when I try to save a picture in AOL as a jpeg file the computer(with Vista) won,t allow me to accept that type of file. It only has the option for an *.art file or bitmap. Nether file works with any program I try to open with. All say the files are corruted or they don't recognize the formats. My old computer using XP works fine. Sure could use some help here! Thanks.
July 2nd 07 01:56 AM
by 1houdini Go to last post
0 100
media player, divx, not running smooth by pete
Hi, when I play DivX movies on Mediaplayer (Vista Ultimate), the picture starts to freeze about once every minute, sometimes more, sometimes less. I ran the Resource Montior in parallel and I can see that at precisely these moments the HDD activity peaks to 100%. I didn't have any such problems on XP.I couldn't quite figure out which application or service makes the disk activity peak. Any...
July 2nd 07 02:44 AM
by Max Go to last post
6 127
VISTA by Jack
I am new to VISTA. There seem to be a vast number of incompatability problems. For example, I had a HECK of a time just getting online for the first time. The default dialup kept changing without consent. My computer came with absolutely NO VISTA instructions, so my Win98SE knowledge appears to have been crippled with this much less user friendly format. Does anyone have an IDIOT'S guide...
July 2nd 07 06:00 AM
by Wayne L. Go to last post
1 270
call me stupid but.., by luci
i burned a dvd from movie maker using nero and the video is fine but has no sound? i tried to find answer in posted questions and even tried to contact support at nero but they had me going in circles and i couldnt keep up,please help! -- luci
July 2nd 07 02:29 PM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
3 97
Slideshow Theme by Richard
Hi, Does anyone know of anyway to burn the Travel theme that you see in slideshow to a DVD ?
July 2nd 07 06:53 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
2 126
Viewing images on dual monitors by Melee
Well I think this image should show the problem. On the right monitor (which the graphics card sees as the primary monitor, even if Vista doesn't) images display properly, but on the left monitor they're red. Driver issue? I have a Geforce 8800. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v118/masterofthemelee/?action=view&current=Untitled-1.png
July 2nd 07 07:24 PM
by Dave Go to last post
5 132
wmp vista ultimate media types by gfhgfhhg
What's happened to the option (as in wmp11 xp) to select all playable media types to associate with wmp in vista ultimate ? Where can I do this when other applications have stolen the associations ?
July 2nd 07 08:40 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 91
media player in vista by Larry
it has stopped working first i lost my liberary. it wont load
July 2nd 07 11:42 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 101
Windows Media Player won't play some recorded .asf files by Alex
There is no apparent reason why one file will play back and the next moment iqual file from same source won't. Have got error message about file type or codec. Obviously not applicable since it supports .asf and the same codecs have played in other files. Also got to Error C00D1199 but can't find nothing in its breakdown that seems to apply. The files were recorded from streaming. My OS is...
July 2nd 07 11:47 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 103
Microsoft Digital Imag by mc
Does anyone know if the Digital Image suite or Picture It will work in Vista? Really hate the Photo Gallery for editing and don't want to spring for Corel Draw. The Vista Photo Gallery is great for organizing but that's about it. -- MC
July 3rd 07 02:18 AM
by Dick Wagner Go to last post
2 106
Windows Vista Sound Recorder by Army1Ret
My old Windows XP machine allowed me to record sound on my PC. I could record streaming sound or sound from an external source. It was easy, uncomplicated and visual. I've tried to do the same with Vista but cannot. I can hear streaming sounds, audio CDs and play games while hearing sound. However, when I record sounds (music, audio content, etc) it looks like Vista does not hear it...
July 3rd 07 03:32 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
3 106
wmp 11 library by Larry
i installed AVG and the i lost my library. i have since3 unistalled AVG but no library
July 3rd 07 08:14 AM
by Ian Go to last post

From The