Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
downloading pics on a cd from xp to vista ,,no subtitles by debra
i recently purchased a new laptop with vista, was wanting to take all my pictures on cd, that was downloaded from xp and all had subtitles, but when i copy them to my new vista, all the subtitles have disappeared. any suggestions thanks -- debra
July 3rd 07 11:40 AM
by Greg Go to last post
1 82
captions not displaying by PBaker
I've created a group of pictures with captions within photo gallery. Burned them to CD, but when my friend tries to open them on her computer, no captions are displayed? Is there a compatibility issue? Is the metadata with the pictures, but the other person needs vista on their computer for this to work? Thanks, PBaker
July 3rd 07 01:24 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 97
How To Print 3 4x6 Pic's On One Sheet? by Baseman
I am an amature photographer and print all my own pictures. When I was on XP, I was able to print 3 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper using the print option under Photo and Fax Viewer. Now that I'm on Vista, I am only able to print 2 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper using the included print option in Vista. I cannot find an option to allow 3 4x6 pictures to be printed on...
July 3rd 07 02:18 PM
by Baseman Go to last post
0 106
Sample Music by TipTop
After the "sample music" folder is opened, a list of about a dozen songs are listed. The tool bar above the list includes a command titled, "Play all". I click on it and.....nothing happens. Yet, if I select a single song and click a different command called, "Play" which pops a menu to select Windows Media Player, that one song will play. Even if I select all the songs, then click "Play...
July 3rd 07 05:02 PM
by TipTop Go to last post
0 100
Hauppage PVR-150 Problem by Martin Racette
Hi, I have the video capture card mentioned above, Vista Ultimate detected it an installed the drivers for it, I then installed the driver/applications that are on the Hauppage website, including the MPEG decoders. At first Media Center was able to work well with these, but now after a few updates from Microsoft, Media Center doesn't gives me any images from the video capture card.
July 3rd 07 06:46 PM
by Martin Racette Go to last post
4 123
Splitting clips in Movie Maker (Vista) by revcom
Hi there, I'm having trouble splitting a wmv file into a number of different clips in Movie maker v 6.0 under Vista. I've managed to get it to work once but then never again. I have created a new collection (folder) called Clips. I split off a small part of the main wmv file in the timeline window into a
July 3rd 07 09:39 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
4 83
Lost Pictures by RussM
I seem to have accidently deleted my entire photo collection on my computer. I was sure that I had a backup, but it has apparently been lost. Windows Photo Gallery displays thumbnails of all the photos, but can't find the image files to display full size pictures. It won't allow me to copy the displayed thumbnails. Does Photo Gallery store a separate collection of small sized images for...
July 3rd 07 10:52 PM
by Ozark58 Go to last post
6 120
Windows Photo Gallery won't open by hdted
Got new computer and worked O K for about a month. Now when I try to open Windows Photo Gallery I get a message : C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\WindowsPhotoGallery.exe The specified path does not exist Check the path and try again. Have I lost the program? Any ideas?
July 3rd 07 10:58 PM
by hdted Go to last post
4 78
Can't add a video to my playlist, nor can I sync anything by Crazy in Cali
Well, when I open a movie, I'll watch it for a little while, then I'll attempt to put it in my library and nothing happens. I thought it was supposed to automatically add? And when I connect my iPod, I press the sync button, and it doesn't recognize my device. Any suggestions on what to do?
July 3rd 07 11:10 PM
by Crazy in Cali Go to last post
0 71
Problems with MP3 playback in Windows Media Centre by Richard Willis
Hello All, Can you help? Every time i play an MP3 with windows media centre the sound glitches as the track comes to an end. If you have the visualisation running it seems to coincide with the track details appearing on screen. Can you help? Its driving me nuts!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 4th 07 01:28 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
11 185
All of my pictures have disappeared in Vista Media Center by BillMonty
I just built a new computer and put a fresh install of Vista Home Premium on it 2 days ago. My last PC had Media Center 2005 on it. I use Media Center extensively to stream movies, recorded TV, music and pictures to my Xbox 360 in my home theater room. All of my pictures transferred fine. I put them all in the Public Pictures folder and enabled it to share with everyone. Today, I went to access...
July 4th 07 04:46 AM
by BillMonty Go to last post
1 89
XBOX 360 & Vista Home Premium by BigDaddy
I have a HP PC with Vista Home Premium and an XBOX 360. I have successfully connected the XBOX 360 to the Vista machine and I am able to play music & view my pictures via the 360 interface. I try to open the Media Center option on the 360, it connects, shows the Recorded TV option like I can start ising it but I am unable to navigate or start anything. I am on a wireless G setup with full...
July 4th 07 04:52 AM
by BillMonty Go to last post
1 88
Auto playlist in WMP 11 not sticking to the size limit by Nokia6300Fan
Hi I have created an auto playlist in Windows Media Player 11 (Vista) to sync to my Nokia 6300. The restriction on the playlist is that it should not exceed 1.4GB in size. Yet, when it syncs, it takes up the entire free space (1.8GB) which is not helpful. I would appreciate any help in this. Many thanks.
July 4th 07 07:10 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 88
4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet by Baseman
I am an amature photographer and print all my own pictures. When I was on XP, I was able to print 3 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper using the print option under Photo and Fax Viewer. Now that I'm on Vista, I am only able to print 2 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper using the included print option in Vista. I cannot find an option to allow 3 4x6 pictures to be printed on...
July 4th 07 01:00 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
8 90
Color Temperature in Photo Gallery by Bigman32
I recently installed Windows Vista Business on my PC. Before the upgrade, I was using Roxio Easy Media Creator for my photos, videos, etc. Seeing ho Microsoft has included a decent photo tool in Windows Vista (Photo Gallery) I figured I'd give it a try before reinstallig Roxio. However, when I open any of my pictures, the color temperature is all messued up. There is a brownish haze on...
July 4th 07 03:13 PM
by babaloo Go to last post
2 97
Ping: Cal Bear 66 - Realtek Update by Ryka
Regarding the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Update - Don't know if you remember but I asked you about the version number I downloaded. The first was 6.0.1.5322 and then it went to 6.0.1.5337. I asked you if this sounded right and you mentioned 6.0.1.5397 before your update. So, I figured I better look into this. I downloaded it again, and, as before it removed the previous driver(s) -...
July 4th 07 03:25 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 88
DVD's burned with vista cannot be read by other windows machines-H by bill
I have a new Toshiba with Vista. I also have a Dell and HP, both with XP. I can burn a cd on the vista machine using windows and read it ok with the dell and hp. However, when I burn a dvde on the vista machine I can only read it on the vista machine, NOT THE DELL AND HP XP MACHINES! Any ideas would be very much appreciated and keep me sane. Thanks Bill
July 4th 07 04:02 PM
by bill Go to last post
2 99
Windows Media Player and HDV 1080i anamorphic by Roger Inman
WMP 11 in Vista does not expand HDV 1080i anamorphic video files to full screen, but plays them at 4:3 aspect ratio on my Toshiba Satellite.
July 4th 07 04:40 PM
by Roger Inman Go to last post
0 97
New to Vista -- No streaming video? by Girrlkitty
Hello! I just bought a new computer with Vista Business, and I can't get streaming video on any web site. I just get a blank space where the player should be -- no video or audio. I can download the video and it plays fine, but I can't actually view it on the page. I've tried it on a variety of sites, and none of them have worked. Is this a known problem? Am I missing a setting somewhere?...
July 4th 07 06:18 PM
by Girrlkitty Go to last post
5 113
Vista - cd drive vanished. How do I get it back? by Wayne L
Suddenly, my CD drive is gone. A check in Computer confirms this. I have Vista MP11 which still plays downloaded music fine, but an inserted cd is not recognized. Nothing has occurred within the time since it last worked. System Restore did not bring it back. How do I get my drive back? Thanks, Wayne -- Wayne L
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 4th 07 07:42 PM
by Wayne L. Go to last post

From The