Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
WMP11 and MSN Music by Jeff
Hi, Why is it that MSN Music can't get their act together in regards to Vista? Apple; iTunes synch and download;no problems. Even a company my friend uses at his university;;. www.ruckus.com ; works with Vista; no problems. MSN Music is owned by MSFT isn't it? This being the last build before RTM; supposedly; and MSN Music refuses to synch to get my licenses. What's wrong with this...
October 8th 06 09:05 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 515
Comparison of DVD Maker and MyDVD for burning Movie Maker projects by Dave Nuttall
I loaded up a large Movie Maker undertaking , and ran it through DVD Maker in order to compare the process and the final product against discs created using MyDVD. The process is much simpler with DVD Maker. When using MyDVD I have to start in Movie Maker and publish each of the projects, then I have to read each of these into MyDVD and burn the disc. The publishing step in Movie Maker is...
October 9th 06 01:10 AM
by Dave Nuttall Go to last post
0 493
No sound or crackings when playing DVD by Schevenels Patrick
Hello. I have a problem when I play DVDs on Windows Vista Pre-RC1 and RC1 (I haven't tried on Beta 2) : I have no sound or there are crackings instead of the correct sound when I play my DVDs on Media Player or Media Center. I don't have the problem when I play MPEG movies stored on my hard drive. I don't have any problems at all when playing DVDs with Windows XP.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 9th 06 11:07 AM
by John Barnes Go to last post
18 715
Opening picture and video mfiles crashes my computer by Bullitt Beast
Everytime I try and open a video file or a photo I get the blue screen of death on my PC and it crashes. This also happens when I try and run the remote destop application. I updated my video card drivers from Nvidia but I can't figure out why my system keeps crashing. I'm running RC1. Any ideas?
October 9th 06 04:35 PM
by Bullitt Beast Go to last post
0 416
Intel 915 Slow Video playback in WMP11/Vista by Hil
A few builds back, Vista was playing my videos fine on my Intel 915. Now the audio and video are unsynced, the video is all in slow motion, and generally it's a lousy experience. Any tricks or tweaks anyone can think of? And has anyone heard of any Intel beta drivers?
October 10th 06 03:55 PM
by Hil Go to last post
0 407
Search for Media Files . . . by churin
How can I do with WMP11 something equivalent to "Search for Media Files" with WMP10 or older versions?
October 10th 06 04:40 PM
by churin Go to last post
4 411
Windows Media Play 96bit rate support by JeremyS
Most other software allows bit rate coversion to .WMA to 96bits. MWP 11 skips this bit rate. It would be nice if this was an option provided in the Advance Options. In my opion it still provides good sound quality and does not take up as much space as the 128bit audio files. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...
October 10th 06 05:35 PM
by JeremyS Go to last post
0 384
windows vista photo gallery themes in RC2 by Paulo Clemente
Photo gallery slide show themes are great in Vista RC1, but they are gone in Vista RC2 Where are they ? I like then so much that I want them in Media Center please bring them back. Or is there a option to activate them.
October 10th 06 10:43 PM
by Paulo Clemente Go to last post
0 353
Sound & Music in Pro evolution soccer 5 & 6 by vincent.saint
There are not sound and music under Vista, Why ? XP and 2000 work correctly
October 11th 06 07:22 AM
by vincent.saint Go to last post
0 241
Sound & Music in Pro evolution soccer 5 & 6 by vincent.saint
There are not sound and music under Vista, Why ? XP and 2000 work correctly. and for my microphone too.
October 11th 06 07:23 AM
by vincent.saint Go to last post
0 265
WMP11 and MSN Music-Again by Jeff
Hi, Since I haven't had anyone touch this; I'm asking again What's the deal with MSN Music;not being able to synch with Vista;to get my licenses? Can't play any of my tunes, and this is supposedly RC2? (build 5744 x86) Well; if anyone else has solved this;please let me know. Even iTunes(gasp) works fine in Vista; what's the deal? Other 3rd party music services are getting it...
October 12th 06 02:21 AM
by ScottyDog55 Go to last post
3 505
96 KHz 24 bit audio by George Valkov
I`m currently looking for a compressor that supports: 24 bit, 96 kHz stereo (proffesional audio quality). Would anyone recommend me one? Althow WMA claims to support it and I can compress and decompress WMA with 24bit 96kHz in SoundForge 8.0d, when I use graphedit.exe to render a WMA file I see that direct show is actually using 16 bit, 48 kHz for files compressed with 24bit, 96 kHz.
October 12th 06 03:16 AM
by intclass Go to last post
1 431
iTunes 7 - Can't edit tag info by Jon K
Hi, I have Vista RC2 and can't edit song information (right click get info) in songs using iTunes 7.0.1, the fields are all greyed out. Ditto if I simply click and try to rename an album within the library or whatnot. In fact I've had the same problem since RC1. Any one else having this issue? Or, something I'm missing? :) Also, might as well throw this out there, sometimes when a...
October 12th 06 11:47 AM
by Alex Go to last post
3 428
Playing MPEG Files in Media Center by Barry H
Hi Guys, I'm having problems playing an MPEG file in Media Center. I ripped one of my DVD's onto my machine and then used VOB2MPEG to convert the vob files into an MPEG, with the view of them streaming the video through into the living via my xbox. Unfortunatly tho, when I try to play the mpeg file media center informs me that the codec for the file is unavailabe. I currently have the...
October 12th 06 03:37 PM
by Dan Bartley Go to last post
2 499
Problem with DVD Playback by Mike W
Tried to play a DVD and I had this error: Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card DVDs were working fine I think the problem might be that i just updated my nvidia driver to the 96.33 forceware version. Anybody else have this...
October 13th 06 12:38 AM
by Mike W Go to last post
3 282
iTunes not allowing cd import and iPod sync by StaticOranges
When I plug in my iPod, at first it allows me to sync my iPod, but it doesn't upload anything that I have bought from iTunes. It says that my computer isn't authorized. I have authorized the computer on vista already and it still doesn't work. After trying to sync my iPod a couple more times, my computer reboots because it wouldn't allow me to write to the disk. Then, the computer...
October 13th 06 01:20 AM
by zsmith28 Go to last post
1 363
Keeping wallpapers to scale by intclass
say I am an average consumer, and I want to set a picture of me and my friend as my background. - I choose to set the picture to "Fit to Screen" - but because i have a widescreen monitor, the picture is vertically-stretched and badly. - My other choices either tile the image, or center it leaving a border around the edges. How on earth can my mother/grandmother/etc set a picture to fill...
October 13th 06 05:49 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
9 272
newsgroup quest by Robert
How and where can i find general public newsgroups ( ex, tech, education etc) for Windows Vista how to set up? Thanks1 Robert
October 13th 06 06:42 AM
by Leadfoot Go to last post
2 202
Vista Media Center wont play my movies by Jmzcons
Hello there, I have set up a two systems with Windows Vista Ultimate 5600 build and connected them to a network. Both systems can see each other. On one system I have a shared drive with 30 movies with Video_TS and Audio_TS files. In Windows Media the computer see the drive and video title in video setup but not when I want to play it in Pictures and Video. It does not see the Vdeo files at...
October 13th 06 09:28 AM
by Jmzcons Go to last post
0 203
Win Vista DVD maker question by Robert
Did anybody used dvd maker in vista? I did in vista in release before RC1 AND it takes soooo much time to process the video before recording it to DVD. My system is fully Vista ready. sHOULD i BUY standalone dvd maker product or go with dvd maker in next vista release? thanks so much for the input. Robert
October 13th 06 01:23 PM
by V McGhee Go to last post

From The