Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Got my 1st DRM problem in Media Center! by A L
I was watching a movie on the TV channel AMC (American Movie Classics) and after about 10 seconds, the Media Center window turned to green with text stating that the provider has prevented the use of the video (don't remember the text exactly.) I have a Hauppauge WinPVR 350 with a non HDCP nVidia 6600GT and a non HDCP Monitor hooked up via DVI. Would I get this message if I hooked up my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 07 01:57 AM
by Scott Go to last post
12 337
accidently saved over a picture, need old copy by Julie
Can any help!! I accidently clicked on save instead of don't save and one of my photos is now blank, is there any way I can get it back. I have looked in the recycle bin, I tried undo, I just can't think how to find it. Julie
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 8th 07 07:48 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
12 326
Problem deleting movie files by BobC
I have two small Quick time movies that will not delete. When I click on 'Delete' I get a progress box "Calculating time remaining . . ." that just runs and runs with no progress at all. The data in the box says there are 0 bytes in the file even though they each are more than 32 Mb. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 08 07:40 PM
by tonyhoward1 Go to last post
12 155
Windows DVD Maker rror message... what should I do? by Anorea
"one or more of the files that were added in windows movie maker could not be decoded correctly. Verify that you have decoding software installed on your computer that can decode the different files, and then try again." This message pops up after I press "burn," and it is at 0.4% I have Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit OS and it's a laptop... Please help me! I want me Anime!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 26th 07 01:16 PM
by antoine suggs Go to last post
12 244
How to Convert VOB Files for use with Windows Movie Maker by LJ Marinello
I have a Sony Handycam that uses mini-DVDs. I am trying to edit some content from the mini-DVD in Windows Movie Maker, but the content is in VOB files so WMM cannot import/open them. Do I need to convert the VOB files first? If so, what is the suggested app to do so? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 08 05:17 PM
by Scupper[_3_] Go to last post
12 333
Media Player will not open. by Kris Echols
I like using Media Player 11 for Vista, but currently every time I try to open up the Media Player, I see the Hour glass, it goes away, and nothing opens. Is there something that I have not tried that could help fix this problem. Thanks Kris
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 8th 08 03:38 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
12 248
WMP11 and Vista Ultimate x64 by bug
I have a strange problem that i cannot play mms protocol in IE. i checked my wmp11 then in toolsoptions, there is only burn tab, all other tabs are gone. can any one help me with this or a method to repair wmp11 in vista or some kb article?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 8th 08 06:34 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
12 265
Screen Saver prevents monitor from turning off by D.P. Roberts
I recently got a new computer running Windows Vista and everything is working great except the monitor won't turn off automatically like it should. My Screen Saver starts fine after 3 minutes of inactivity - I'm using the built-in My Pictures Slideshow that shows personal pictures & video clips. But the monitor never turns off even though I have it configured to auto-power off after 30...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 25th 08 12:36 PM
by vikrant Go to last post
12 293
HELP! Windows Vista Movie Make by Dee
Does ANYONE out there know anything about importing music with the new Vista? We just bought our Dell from Best Buy and Dell tells us to call BB and BB tells us to call Dell or bring it in... here is whats going on... I want to make a DVD of our kids for my husband. Easy enough... well I want to add music (did it on our old laptop with Windows XP noooo problem!) well NOW... no matter WHAT...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 08 11:26 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
12 201
mms:// protocol not working by Jukka Lehtinen
Hello, recently I have noticed that media streams from the internet have not been working on my Vista Home Premium edition. They work fine if I copy/paste the link into Windows Media Player 11 (or any other program), but if I click on the link using Firefox (or IE7), I get an error message that the browser does not know how to open the file as the protocol is not linked to any program (don't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 07 06:42 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
12 177
NcRawCodec 101 by Al
Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone out there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 12th 07 12:30 AM
by TK Go to last post
12 339
Vista Ultimate - No Service Online Media - Need Help by lkuderick
I've searched through the database, and I've seen a number of posts from people that appear to have had this problem, but no replies on if anyone found a way to fix the problem. I installed VU on a clean partition on my system and in Media Center under Online Media I get a No Services messages. There doesn't seem to be any method to add services either. Has anyone found a method to add...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 23rd 07 08:26 PM
by jeremyvistauser Go to last post
12 160
windows media player skips by meg
My media player skips when it gets toward the end of playing a song. I can "rewind" the song and it may not skip the second time. It sounds like a scratched cd. What could be the problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 26th 07 11:22 PM
by me Go to last post
12 165
Play DVD from Hard Drive in Vista Media Center by Puppy Breath
It depends on the format to which you rip it. If its WMV I would think definitely. I tried just doing a straight copy of the .vob files, renamed one to .mpg. I couldn't get either of those to play. In fact, the .vob files didn't even show up in Media Center. But on the mpg it was just a codec issue so it seems with the right codec you could probably get those to play too. Theoretically...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 08 07:59 AM
by Mirsad Go to last post
12 211
Photo Screensaver has stopped working by jbrown
Hi! I just installed Vista and like to use the photo slideshow as my screensaver. If I have it set to "shuffle" it "crashes" with Photo screensaver has stopped working. As long as it doesn't shuffle, it works fine. Anyone seen this? Thanks!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 5th 07 05:57 AM
by Andy Miller Go to last post
12 302
Windowc media center crashes by Kelly
I am having a problem with media center. I have a music library that I would like to play from media center. However half the time it when I try to play a song it will crash. It will then ask me if I want to debug or check online for soultion. When I debug the option just goes away then I try checking on line but nothing happens. The other half of the time the visualizations will not work....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 14th 07 01:46 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
12 226
Media Player Error Message (C00D1069) by Jetstream
I recently subscribed to Urge and when I try to play a radio stations I receive the following error message "Windows Media cannot play the playlist becaue it's not valid." I read a post saying someone had been able to resolve the problem by downloading a plugin for *.pls (playlist) but I can't locate one. Can anyone help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 18th 07 06:57 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
12 275
Panning in Windows Movie Maker by Chris
I'm somewhat impressed by the capabilities of Windows Movie Maker. However, I could not get one feature to work properly. I have a panoramic photo that measures 9251x1923 that I stitched together using Panorama Factory. Basically, when I drag it to the timeline, the picture is zoomed out so that the whole panorama is displayed, but what I really want it to do is pan from left to right. So I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 07 02:16 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
12 178
windows media player in vista by rodhan
i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media player, I cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the media player! Any ideas ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 13th 07 06:24 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
12 151
Why are my TIF files not in media library? by Michael
If I right click and use the 'Open With' option Media player will display my tif files, as well as Photo Gallery, but they will not go into the library. If I rename the file from .tif to .jpg it will load into the library and display the file fine. The files are tif not jpg. I would think I shouldn't have to rename the file to get this to work. I want to use Media Center and if there not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 25th 08 03:29 AM
by Keith Miller \(MVP\) Go to last post

From The