Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
downloading a gif? by Barb McC-D
I want to safe a gif from a free gif site to my hard drive -- when I right click and choose "save picture" I get a static image saved, not the animation. What do I need to do instead? Or an I opening the saved file wrong? I am using the automatic open picture file that Vista brings up. Am I missing something obvious here? --Barb
July 4th 07 11:58 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 93
WMP11, Sansa E280, Itunes Store by susanocp
Hello folks, My question is can I use Itunes to buy music and then get WMP11 to recognize it! Once I can get the music in WMP11 I can load it on my Sansa and enjoy it. I like the WMP11 interface and I don't plan on using itunes for an interface with my sansa. I tried rhapsody but had lots of problems. So I just want a place to buy music. It seems like itunes has the best selection. Oh and I'm...
July 5th 07 02:20 AM
by Ron K. Go to last post
4 126
Help withmedia player 11 & media centre please by 85buddy
Right i have vista with media player 11 and media center as standard now i use them to play ALL my music and have done for the past few months now all of my music played perfectly fine untill yesterday for some strange reason alot of my music will not play properly they will start and sound does come out but it is all jumpy and jerky like a badly scratched cd but the thing is it doesnt do it...
July 5th 07 03:27 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 134
Window Movie Maker by rudy
While on Windows Photo Gallery, I wanted to import my mpg files on my hard disk. It won't. However, if i import the sample video that came with my vista-operated computer, it does. what gives? rudy
July 5th 07 03:28 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 140
Importing Videos causes lock-up/crash! by TR_Wolf
This is most annoying, I've had this problem during Vista beta, and even now with ultimate etc, importing pictures and music is fine, but if I try and import any video, I get the "Windows Movie Maker has stopped working" box... any ideas? Its annoying me!
July 5th 07 03:29 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 133
DVD MAker was working, now it ain't by Senseiea
DVD Maker was working fine (but slow) OK, I know I shouldn't have done it, but I installed an older version of Nero.. Now DVD maker gives me "Windows DVD Maker has stopped working". I have uninstalled Nero. Is there a way to reinstall Windows DVD Maker? I'm on Vista Ultimate. Thanks
July 5th 07 03:29 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 126
Can't play my music on my new Vista computer by Sally M
I have just had all my (many) music files transferred onto my new computer with Vista Premium as the operating system. I deliberately went for Vista because of the fantastic media centre but now I find I can't play any of my music. when I try to, it tries to load up a page 'drmlicence' or similar and then when I try to access the licence, it says I don't have the right windows plug ins? All...
July 5th 07 03:30 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 139
Vista Media Player won't work by Hangar Rat
I have a Sony Viao (1.66 ghz 1 meg memory bulk standard model) It came with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. WMP was working the one time I tried it earlier this week. Now, it refuses to respond to any attempt to run it (Insert various disks, use start menu - anything!) However, if I go to the Media Centre, it works through the Media Centre. BUT I dont want to use MC all the time -...
July 5th 07 03:32 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
9 206
media player problems by Mario
i have vista home premium. after downlaoding some music from file sharing svc., my entire library got wiped out. it was all still in music files, but not in library. when they all came back, every song was back twice. now i cant save playlists, erase the doubles, or find alblum info online, among other things. i just found this site and all but gave up on the problem. also, wmp11 wont play...
July 5th 07 03:33 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 134
Import dv to Movie Maker Issues-Plays in Fast Forward-distorted So by RAWK227
As stated above...Imported Video Clips to Movie maker so I could edit. When I click on a clip it plays in FAST FORWARD and sound distortion, which I am sure is related to the FF. I tried to Open in Media player, but the clips play the same way...I have searched for a solution and a few days later I still cant find one. Any one familiar with this and know how to fix it? Thanks
July 5th 07 03:37 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 138
Screen saver when playing movie fullscreen by Jirka
Hi, I am havind some issues about WMP11 and GomPlayer in playing films fullscreen. The problem is that the screen saver activates when playing. I have used advice from MS (uncheck display logon on resume, and uncheck password prompt) - it was working, but today it is not. DonĀ“t know where is the problem. I am using Vista Home Premium
July 5th 07 03:38 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 139
Windows Media Player 11 is slow in skiiping by spiderx712
I just bought Windows Vista Ultimate edition, and I have a decent computer hardware which is more than enought for Vista, the problem is in windows media player, it is slow in skipping songs or even getting a song played right away, I used the same version of the media player on XP but it wasn't having such a problem, and by the way, other players like real player just skips songs without...
July 5th 07 03:39 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 157
WMP Won't Load MP3's!! Ned A Little Help Please!! by Blue Angel
I'm running Vista with WMP11 and trying to load up my mp3s into the library. I have directed it to load the file from a dir on another drive but when I try it, it finds the files and shows it is loading by the green bar going across but it doesn't show any files were loaded, it says "0" files were loaded. Any Ideas? Thanks TomP
July 5th 07 03:39 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 152
WMP default skin disappeared by max-s
I tried several skins for WMP and I didn't like them so I'm trying to get the default skin back. You know, the black one. I am not able to go back to the default black skin. I've tried everything. The only 2 skins I can find in the Skin Chooser option are corporate and revert. The funny thing is that the main interface on WMP is fine but the frame, top, side and bottom toolbar is light blue...
July 5th 07 03:41 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 149
Problem with Windows DVD Maker by mrpolitics
Every time I try to add sound to the VD menu screen and I either try to preview the screen or when I burn the disc, there is no sound. I am using wav files.
July 5th 07 03:43 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 171
lost library files by Larry
ive had a lots of problems but now its my library is blank says there are no entries
July 5th 07 03:43 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 170
when playing video - picture but no sound by Myrix
I have a Windows media player 11, on Windows Vista Home Premium. When I play a video file, the picture runs but I cannot hear any sound even though all volumes are at their max and the speakers turned on. When I play a DVD, the sound is fine but this always happens when I play a video file.
July 5th 07 04:42 AM
by Myrix Go to last post
2 157
CD Ripping Issue - Only Lossless Format works in WMP11 ??!! by sveale01
Have recently upgrade my LG P1 Notebook to Vista Business. Running Realtek HD Audio and have the latest driver 1.69 installed. When I rip music from a legit store-bought CD into my library every format EXCEPT WAV refuses to play back. When I click for web help I get the page for the good old C00D11B1 error messgae help page. Have tried all the solutions there but to no avail. Interestingly...
July 5th 07 11:04 AM
by sveale01 Go to last post
7 180
Creative ALchemy (X-Fi Edition) 1.00.04 (5 June 2007) by Cal Bear '66
Creative ALchemy (X-Fi Edition) 1.00.04 Released today 5 June 2007 http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/ -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
July 5th 07 04:20 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 154
enable on board sound card by roy
i am running music through DJ software program. It is playing back through an audigy sound card. In order to cue in another song, i need to enable the on board sound on mother board as a secondary playback devise. i know it is not enabled as it does not drop down as an option in the sound devise drivers box. how do i enable on board sound?
July 5th 07 04:30 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post

From The