Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows vista media center crashes when I download music by tlee4077
Hi, I have windows vista home premium edition. I tried to configure the media center to accept download of music. I downloaded the software to Rhapsody.com and tried to install it and started to dump files on my computer. I have an HP 6600 with 4g of ram and plenty of storage at 750g. I also have an ipod shuffle. Is it windows media able to download anything to this?? tlee4077
July 6th 08 12:20 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 313
Burning slideshow to DVD from Movie Maker, puts extra frames B4 me by Lady Discordia
I've got my photo slideshow exactly the way I want it, and it plays fine in Windows Movie Maker. But when I click "Publish to DVD" and the project opens in DVD Maker, it shows two extra frames from the slideshow *before* it goes to the menu screen. Those two pictures still show up in the slideshow where they belong, but they also appear as soon as you turn on the DVD. It cycles through...
July 5th 08 10:48 PM
by Lady Discordia[_2_] Go to last post
2 231
watch movies online by meno
when i watch full movies online,i always loose allot of memory(gb).how come.i want to erase it for more space,but i cat seem to find it.please help.no experiance -- meno
July 5th 08 06:38 PM
by oscar Go to last post
1 234
Searching by Prince_27
I've recently noticed that I can't search for Music files anymore within Vista. Whenever I type a music file I own into the "instant search bar" it doesn't find it. I have over 1000 mp3 files on my pc and and it won't find any. I've checked the Search options and made sure its set on "Everywhere" and my music folder isn't set to hidden. Still Whenever or however I try to search files other...
July 5th 08 02:17 PM
by Prince_27 Go to last post
0 219
Windows Media Center Program Guide by Fred Macksey
Until recently the Program Guide listed all BBC digital radio stations. With the exception of the BBC World Service, these have all disappeared. How can I connect to these stations? I have Vista Home Premium and use a Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Tuner. -- Fred M
July 5th 08 12:03 PM
by Fred Macksey Go to last post
0 221
Adding video content to Library by BeretDude
I copied files from a DVD to my computer. I have tried adding these files to the Library for Media Player and although the player will play the videos, it will not let me create a playlist with them or add to the playlist so that I can in turn burn a new DVD with these files. Help greatly appreciated. Thank you, -- Sometimes, you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way...
July 5th 08 11:54 AM
by BeretDude Go to last post
0 215
full screen by iluvtoddlers
I was wondering how to fix this. Whenever I try to use the full screen option my screen goes blank. particularly on internet programs such as youtube
July 5th 08 01:52 AM
by civichick24 Go to last post
4 241
recording what you hear by ScotK
I used to be able to select from many recording options, including wav files, midi, Microphone, Line-in and What you hear. That way I could play a sound file in one program and record it in another. What happened to that ability?
July 4th 08 11:15 PM
by capretta Go to last post
2 263
Windows Media Center internet radio by Marvin
I bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and used windows media center for the first time and it had a section for internet radio. I had to return that laptop and when I got my replacement which was also new it didnt have a section for internet radio in the Media Center...? Is there a download update or something??
July 4th 08 09:11 PM
by Marvin Go to last post
2 236
Photo Gallery .... by Merlin
When I open a photo in the viewer from the gallery, there's a drop down menu for adding tags, how can i remove old & unwanted tags from that list??
July 4th 08 07:59 PM
by Merlin Go to last post
5 248
Publish option in Move Maker (Vista) not available by djstewartnc
I am trying to learn how to publish a video to You Tube. I am using Movie Maker (Vista) and importing from my camera (Sony DCR-HC28). After I import the video and go to "File" my "Publish" option is greyed out. Do I need to make a change to Movie Maker or am I doing something wrong in the import process? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
July 4th 08 07:53 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
1 207
Picture Images by Nino Cartagena[_2_]
I am curious to know if anyone can tell me if it is a possible shortcut of changing the image of a picture? For instance, I have a picture that is saved in documents as "Bitmap Image." I can't load it to my myspace pictures because myspace only accepts "JPEG Images." So, my question is, is there a shortcut to changing the image to a JPEG image without editing the quality of the picture??
July 4th 08 07:50 PM
by Bestlife Go to last post
2 207
Movie Maker "not implemented" error message by marcospego
Last night I started a movie maker project and spent more than 2 hours working on it. I than stopped, saved it as a movie maker project and turned off the laptop. Today, when I opened the file, I had all the files I used ther but no video on the timeline! Instead it showed a message saying (translation from portuguese) "not implemented". I have no idea what this is and I don't understand how...
July 4th 08 05:54 PM
by marcospego Go to last post
0 241
Sizing Movie Clips in Movie Maker by AlanGino
Is there a way to adjust the format size of movie clips you insert into Movie Maker? For example, if I insert a movie clip into Movie Maker which has an original size format of 320 x 240 and then play the Movie Maker DVD on a television, the movie clip is presented full-screen on the TV. Consequently it is very pixilated and basically unviewable because it has been dramatically enlarged...
July 4th 08 02:17 PM
by AlanGino Go to last post
0 236
ppt to movie by mediaplayerasker
hello everybody, I was looking for a downloadable program that not must be installed to use for converting a ppt to a movie file (mp4 is the easiest for me), because i'm not an administrator and my father don't may know this, I searched on google but al the programs that I have found are install file... Can anybody help me please???
July 4th 08 09:57 AM
by mediaplayerasker Go to last post
2 231
Slide Show Pictures and Software on a CD or DVD by PanDancer
I have Windows Vista. I am trying to find a program that will allow me to put both my pictures and a program to run the pictures on a CD. So that when I send the CD or DVD to my friends, the pictures and programs will load and run the slide show. -- Ron
July 4th 08 03:15 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 276
Exclamation
Media files by Semtex
I'm running vista home edtion. everytime I open a media file photo music or video I get a message saying that Windows exploerer is closing down and then it says Windows Explorer is restarting. It closes every thing thats running and restarts at the desk top again. Has anyone ever had this or can any one tell what is happening? THank you.
July 3rd 08 10:51 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 261
Media Player 11 override default codec by Mark Blain
I've installed FFDShow (http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/) in MS Windows Vista Home Premium and set it as my default codec for mp3 audio files. Other media playing programs honor that setting, but Windows Media Player 11 ignores it and uses a built-in codec when playing .mp3 files. Interestingly, when playing .avi files including mp3 audio, WMP 11 does use ffdshow's audio codec. Why...
July 3rd 08 10:38 PM
by Mark Blain Go to last post
2 258
adobe pictures by americo
how do you transfer pictures recieved in adobe acrobat reader to windows photo gallery
July 3rd 08 10:04 PM
by orbii Go to last post
1 234
Audio Language by J
Recently I upgrade from XP to Vista. Lots of problem coming up. I can't select audio language from my window media player when I play my vcd. The movic has two voice/sound and I need to select either right or left to get the voice/sound I want. Can anyone tell me how to get this thing work?
July 3rd 08 08:31 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post

From The