Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Media Center can't find installed codecs by Paul Dundon
I'm running Media Center on Vista x64 Ultimate and am having problems playing AVI files. They play fine in Windows Media Player, but Media Center says it can't find the codecs needed to play them. All the ones I've tried so far use the DivX codec, and according to G-Spot, I have three compatible codecs installed. Any ideas what I should try? Many thanks
July 3rd 08 02:04 PM
by Paul Dundon Go to last post
4 193
Movie maker video transition not smooth by kchin
Hi, I need help, - when I add 2 video clips to make movie in Window Vista Movie Maker I notice that the video at around the tranition period (only few seconds) is "jummpy" or somewhat "shaking", what should i do? I have made many movies from Window XP version and did not have this problem before, please advise if anyone out there know the answer. Thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 08 01:32 PM
by Brian Bartholomew Go to last post
15 352
Movie Maker crashes with timeline by Adam
Running Vista Home Premium, with the built in Movie Maker ver. 6. After dragging an AVI clip to the storyboard, in timeline mode, the moviemaker crashes if I try to do anythingwith it. The message is: "Data Extraction Prevention stopped the program..." When I tried to change the DEP settings to allow running the program, I was not permitted. On some other occasions there is another...
July 3rd 08 07:38 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 177
Cant hear my music!! by blkn502
Media player (vista) works great (if you dont want to hear anything)... When i try to play anythng (video or music) from my library it plays... but very SLOOOOWLY and the counter turns slowly as well. Video does the same thng.... but when i put in a cd it plays regularly.. like its nothng wrong... PLEASE Help!! Ive tried to change the speed but nothing happens... Are there default settings...
July 3rd 08 07:07 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 171
Problem from a folder of supervision by Lyubovnik_S
The problem from a folder of supervision in WMP 11.0.6001.7000 at entering folders search to not be made!!! At a repeated input for entering folders already is not present!!! As a result of files in media to library is not present!!!
July 3rd 08 07:06 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 175
TV wont recognize PC by Txsbigfoot
Hello. I am as dumb as a box of rocks about computers. Thus this query. I recently took an overseas assignment and am stuck watching arab tv. I have a slingbox and a brand new laptop computer with a VGA port. I have a samsung 46 inch LCD tv with a vga port. I have the vga cable. I hooked it up and went to the options but the samsung tv will not recognize any other feeds. What next? Any help...
July 3rd 08 07:05 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 166
Media plAyer skipping by TREV
WHAT CAL SAYS DOES NOT WORK FOR ME I DONT HAVE THE ENHANCMENT TAB EITHER? IF U HAVE ANOTHER SOLUTION PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OTHERWISE BACK TO XP FOR ME
July 3rd 08 07:01 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 189
'Not Supported' WMM Messsage by Capital Expert
My windows vista computer has been successfully using Movie Maker, but now when I click on a 'project file' I get an error message that says the file "was created by a version of Windows Movie Maker that is not supported". Do I need to totally re-load Vista? I cannot find an independent download of WMM version 6.0. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
July 3rd 08 07:00 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 185
media center questions..help wanted! by bryanport
I have recently set up my vista media center pc and I have set up 2 xbox360's as media extenders. What I would like to do is make home movies (no editing) and drag and drop thes video files to Vista pc and then be able to watch the video on my media extenders. I am going to buy a new video camera, a hd model with a hard drive. My question is can I do this without converting the video to...
July 3rd 08 07:00 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
4 226
VISTA: reinstall movie maker 6 (import mp3 problem) by wysiwyg
Movie maker used to work perfect, now I can't import audio files (mp3) anymore (undefined error). I would like to reinstall MM. How do I do that?
July 3rd 08 06:59 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 155
DVD Burner no longer working by kolrkid
Hey, I could burn cd's and dvd's for a while, but now it won't let me. I checked the device manager and the burner is flagged, and at one point is said this device could not start (code 10), and now it's saying the configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged (code 19) .. Help!
July 3rd 08 06:58 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 206
Sound problem with Vista by Heather
I got my laptop (with vista home premium) december 07. It has since had to undergo a full factory reset due an issue it had where it would jam up whilest playing a CD, then refuse to play anything for hours afterward, it would read nothing gthat was put in the drive. Now that its been reset, it seems to have developed a whole new set of quirks, such as its repetetive attempts to re-connect...
July 3rd 08 06:56 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 169
Media Player 11 (11.0.6000.6344) by Ginny
I updated my media player last week and now it wont play videos. Get a message saying that some of my video files are missing and to reboot. Doesnt help. When I try to download again, I get a message saying that I have version 11.0.6000.6344 already installed and they cant fix or reinstall with that on. Nothing I do seems to delete this file...not even in the registry. Any help? thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 08 06:54 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
12 369
synching my MP3 player on Media Center by MyDarkstar
How can I sync up my mp3 player will a playlist through Media Center ? It's easy on WMP. I also would like to just send mp3 files to the mp3 player, not just sync up a playlist. how do I do this in Media Center ? thank you in advance
July 3rd 08 05:41 AM
by oscar Go to last post
3 159
thumbnail cache... by orbii
hi, I've notice that after switching to vista from xp that my thumbnails on jpgs and wmv aren't being cached, is there a way to turn that on? thanks for all the help...
July 3rd 08 04:42 AM
by orbii Go to last post
0 146
Zennox Digital Video Camera Model: DV589W by Maureen
I have just purchased the above camera, there is a music section on this Video Camera, I have downloaded music the same way as I have previously to my MP3 player, but every time I try to do this it always says there are "No Files". As the Instruction Manual is very limited on this part of the camera i.e. the Music Mode, in fact doesn't explain how to do anything for adding music files etc. ...
July 2nd 08 11:27 PM
by Maureen Go to last post
3 167
Recommended DVD Decoder for Windows Vista by claudette
I need a dvd decoder to view a cd on Windows Enterprise. Does anyone recommend any particular decoder? Thanks,
July 2nd 08 10:49 PM
by oscar Go to last post
3 172
photo on music folder by haveaniceday
'' (http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=88019861sc7.jpg)i have a seprate harddrive bulit in with the computer for my music they are all in difrent folders with front and back covers inside but some folders show the pitchers on the front of the folder and some dont how do i get them to show all. cheers click here to see...
July 2nd 08 05:06 PM
by haveaniceday Go to last post
0 196
Audio recording error message? by BeckyW
Hello there, Please may someone advise me. I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I use Adobe audition to record audio. I have been able to keep the settings on "record microphone" and have been able to record audio onto Audition through my microphone. However, I also needed stereo mix to record output from the laptop. I managed to work out how to do this and things were successful. However, I...
July 2nd 08 01:29 PM
by edvin Go to last post
1 153
Dual Sound by J
How to switch it to one language when there are two sound play from the vcd?
July 2nd 08 06:27 AM
by J Go to last post

From The