Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
volume control disappears; where's the exe by rwbta
The volume control icon in the taskbar keeps disappearing apparently at its own whim. Very frustrating and annoying. In older versions of Windows, the exe had an option for the control to appear or not in the taskbar. Unfortunately, I can't find the exe. What is it called? Where is it at? Why does this keep happening? How can it be stopped?
June 24th 08 01:43 PM
by yfs59 Go to last post
3 159
publishing dvr-ms files by KingsLF
I am using Vista Ultimate 32bit edition and while I can import and edit my Media Center recorded content into Movie Maker, I can't publish the finished piece. I get as far as being able to give the movie a title and then the screen which tells me the estimated time when the message "Windows Movie Maker has stopped working" then "Movie Maker is restarting". Movie Maker itself doesn't hang...
June 24th 08 09:40 AM
by KingsLF Go to last post
0 205
Hearing Myself by Silverose
I'm not sure if its something most people want, but I'm used to hearing myself if I sing along with music or am talking in an audio chat. But after I got my new laptop I couldn't hear myself, I tried to find a way to fix this but no luck. Does anyone know how to change it to where I can hear myself again?
June 24th 08 04:39 AM
by Silverose Go to last post
0 151
Windows DVD Maker and Movie maker by Lisa Jackson
I am trying to burn a dvd with these programs. I have successfully done so before with no problems. Now it will burn so far and then sate that there isn't enough room on the disc. I have 150 minutes on the disc and the project I am trying to burn is only 42 minutes. What do I do?
June 24th 08 02:16 AM
by Lisa Jackson Go to last post
2 155
DVD compatibility by bmoore
I am new to making videos and have worked with Windows Movie Maker to edit some videos shot while in Alaska. I was able to make movie segments and published them to My Computer. The intent was to be able to pick and choose which segments published to DVD for friends, etc. After saving to computer, I then used both Windows Media and the wizard to burn DVDs. My computer is a Dell with DVD...
June 24th 08 01:15 AM
by On Request Go to last post
1 159
Microphone not working by Elliott
Hello - have Vista Home - Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. Am not good @ tech talk but here goes - for last 6 months, mike working fine (using Skype etc). Suddenly, the person who I have called cannot hear me but I can hear them. Also, usually, when I insert mike plug in socket, pop up screen that appears re 'line in etc' - suddenly this has magically disappeared. Have checked mike, volume...
June 23rd 08 01:11 PM
by ebk_32bit Go to last post
2 128
deleted parts still there on burned dvd by ruudb
I have Vista Home premium and Moviemaker 6. I have opened a new project in Moviemaker 6. I include 2 different clips and put them in the timelime. I trim the beginning of the first clip by deleting the first 10 seconds; then I trim the end of the first clip by deleting the last 2 minutes of that clip. I save the project. Then I want to publish the project by burning a dvd; I get the...
June 23rd 08 11:53 AM
by ruudb Go to last post
0 158
Video capture from camera by Hoggi
I have a problem with the the capture of my video into Windows Movie Maker. I have now recaptured the video again after ensuring that all othe programmes on the computer are disabled, however the problem still persists. During the actual capture process the video runs at normal speed and there are no fluctuations in the speed during that process. I do notice that the capture display on the...
June 23rd 08 08:50 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
4 176
Help! itunes screwed up music folder by noobie
I installed itunes and then in my music folder, it has like...20 or so subfolders created. I have tried deleting it, but everytime i open up itunes, it creates a new music folder with all of the sub-folders. I cant seem to get it to disappear, I've tried reinstalling itunes twice already with no previal. Help please I have an attachment of what it looks like below.
June 23rd 08 04:35 AM
by Vernon Fowler Go to last post
1 158
Help Adding Music to Slide Show in DVD Maker by AEH25
I am creating a slide show using Windows DVD Maker. The source of my songs is iTunes. I've converted the format of the songs in iTunes to mp3, but I can't drag into DVD maker or burn onto a CD. When I try to import from DVD Maker, the songs aren't even recognized in the album folder. Any tips on how to add music will be great! What other program can I download from that will make the songs work?...
June 23rd 08 01:08 AM
by On Request Go to last post
1 164
please!! how to remove audio completely from just ONE clip by mike j
please for the love of god someone help how do i mute just one damn clip in my movie everything i do is either all or nothing its soooo annoying
June 22nd 08 09:17 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
2 214
.srf/RAW files by Helen
Have just bought a satnav and am trying to import image from garmin website to satnav but windows photogallery does not support the file. Have downloaded RAW driver from Sony but still not working, any ideas?
June 22nd 08 09:17 PM
by Helen Go to last post
0 221
windows movie maker - publishing by trinort04
i'm trying to publish a video i've made on windows movie maker because i want to upload it to youtube but whenever i do half of my video is obscured or squashed by a big green bar! what do i do? i really want to upload my video...
June 22nd 08 01:27 PM
by On Request Go to last post
1 199
Music CDs won't play by David
Hi. I'm running VISTA with all the updates offered by Microsoft. I have a problem with both the DVD ROM and RW drives. They will play a DVD movie disc or read text files from a CD, but when I try to play a music CD nothing happens. It's some time since I last played one, but I recall that previously they just started automatically in Windows Media Player. If I go to 'Computer' and click on...
June 22nd 08 01:14 PM
by David Go to last post
0 264
Error code C00D11C7 WMP by Barty1958[_2_]
Just tried to rip some cds into my Windows Media Player and this error code comes up along with the note that you are missing an audio codec. The solution is to configure your codecs to update automatically which it was already set for. It won't let me rip to WMA but if I change the format to MP3 or WAV, it works. After some research, it appears this has happened to others.
June 22nd 08 12:43 PM
by Barty1958[_4_] Go to last post
4 341
Windows Live Photo Gallery problem green cast by kafkaschimp
I'm using Windows Live Photo Gallery, running in XP SP2, and when I click on a thinmbnail, and it enlarges a picture, it is adding a green cast to the picture (so snow, for example, is light green). Does anyone have any solutions to this (I should add that this doesn't happen in any other of my many graphics programs)?
June 22nd 08 11:07 AM
by dan@ddrgroup Go to last post
3 267
Dream by Kevin
I just recently (today) downloaded the optional update for Dream Scenes #3. Now none of my scenes will run, even the ones that worked before I did this download. I have tried restarting the computer, uninstalling the update and re-installing the update. I get the error message that there is an error decoding my file. I have searched the internet, and can't seem to find much of anything on...
June 22nd 08 09:15 AM
by mark Go to last post
1 213
Windows DVD Maker Problem by Forrest_Roberts
I'm having a problem with Windows DVD Maker. I took a video file created with Windows Movie Maker and tried burning it using DVD Maker. Well, it gets to about 1.0%, and then it gives me and error message saying, "No such interface supported." I don't understand what that means or what could be causing it. Please, someone, help me... --
June 22nd 08 02:45 AM
by On Request Go to last post
2 238
Creating .jpg from clipboard image in Vista by Bleary Eye
I want to copy an image to the clipboard and then create a .jpg file from it. However, I don't see a way to do this. I've tried the various media utilities I've found in Vista and don't see an option. Ideas? -- Bill
June 22nd 08 01:25 AM
by Bleary Eye Go to last post
2 225
Moving files to desktop by Army14
Hello, I recently purchased a new computer with Vista prinstalled. I am trying to move my I Tunes library over. I get to the point where I need to move the library to my desltop, but I get the error that I don't have permission. I am the owner/admin. I have temporarily disables the UAC and it still doesn't work. Any help? Thanks
June 21st 08 11:56 PM
by locoeng Go to last post

From The