Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Xbox 360 and RC1 by Ralphus
I had a clean install Vista RC1 Machine and Xbox 360 working together working perfectly. I was able to use Media Center, stream music ingame and all. I rewired my Xbox 360 and I wasn't able to Stream my music and pictures no more. I'm still able to connect to live and use media center to listen to music and look up pictures. But I can't figure why I can't listen to music from the...
October 13th 06 05:01 PM
by Ralphus Go to last post
0 252
Ripping CD, RC2 by mikemcw
I tried to rip a compact disk and with format set to MP3, Windows Media Player crashes. With the format set to WMA, no problem. Itunes 7 rips MP3s no problem. Here are the crash details: Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: wmplayer.exe Application Version: 11.0.5744.6324 Application Timestamp: 45234fea Fault Module Name: StackHash_16c2
October 13th 06 06:26 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
1 267
Star Ratings by Jason Ewens
I'm having trouble with Star Ratings in Media Player 11. I have greyed out stars that are 4 star ratings. Is there any way to tell MP to revert all my stars back to a baseline of 3 without just rating them all manually? On that same line, if I rate something manually will it negate any future automatic ratings based on number of times played and/or skipped? Thanks.
October 13th 06 07:13 PM
by Jason Ewens Go to last post
0 318
Windows Photo Gallery and rating by Gunder
I Run Vista RC1. How do I show pictures with a given rating (for example 2 stars) in a given folder or selection? The point with this is to reduce the number of pictures so one for instance can find the best pictures in a shoot. Adobe Bridge has this functionality. With Windows Photo Gallery I can find ALL pictures with a given rating, but I have not found a way to do it in only a given...
October 13th 06 07:18 PM
by Jason Ewens Go to last post
1 468
WMP libray other users by rabgers
can't get other users access to music stored in the music folder with wmp 11 on vista rc1 any ideas?
October 13th 06 07:37 PM
by Jason Ewens Go to last post
2 415
SMP 11 by rabgers
hi installed RC1 yesterday and now setting up for the family to use. All my music is in the music folder but as I'm the only user that's an administrator no-one else can access the music on their own settings, any ideas anyone??
October 13th 06 07:37 PM
by Jason Ewens Go to last post
1 433
Syncing playlists by Mike W
Not sure if this is the right place for this but here it goes, does anyone have any idea why playlists won't sync to my mp3 player in vista? I've been playing around with it for a while to get it to work. The actual music moves but I cannot select a playlist inside the mp3 player. I have a samsung YP-Z5. Thanks.
October 14th 06 07:02 AM
by Mike W Go to last post
0 216
64 bit Audio Recorder? by Ifan
The Audacity program seems to be only for 32 bit operating systems. Any recommendations for a similar Vista RC2 64 bit compatible audio recorder to record streaming audio and from line in?
October 14th 06 06:43 PM
by Ifan Go to last post
0 222
DVD-R vs DVD+R by George Valkov
Hello, I see that I can create DVD video disks in Vista. Please recommend me what media should I burn discs onto: DVD-R or DVD+R. I want my discs to play on the most DVD players (not on computers). Thank you for any help and links!
October 15th 06 12:45 AM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
3 331
How to add display items of bit rate and type on WMP by churin
How can I add BitRate,Type, etc. to a list of the Library with WMP11?
October 15th 06 01:09 AM
by churin Go to last post
4 350
Burning DVD with Vista by Vbritt
When I backup my machine I have True Image split out the backup into files. Then I click on the burn option on the toolbar to copy my backup files to a DVD -R blank. Each file is about 4 gigs and it is taking Vista about 25 minutes to burn each disc. Has anyone else noticed it taking so much time? It doesn't take Nero or Easy CD creator to burn the discs running on XP. Is there a way to...
October 15th 06 04:11 AM
by Vbritt Go to last post
0 221
How do i get permission to access my music folder? by Eric
I can't use Itunes because it says I do not have permission to my music folder, which Itunes needs. This UAC is really annoying because I am the only user on this computer.
October 15th 06 08:58 AM
by ScottyDog Go to last post
9 365
slide show screen resolution by RalfG
Is it possible to change the screen resolution that Windows sets when pictures are viewed as a slideshow? My LCD display's native resolution is 1280x1024 but Windows drops the display resolution to 1024x768 whenever a slideshow is started. This applies to Windows Photo Gallery, the Picture folder view and Preview screens, as well as the Slide Show gadget. Apart from the annoying pop-up...
October 15th 06 01:34 PM
by RalfG Go to last post
0 225
Help: Unable to play video files on RC2 by Winston
I am not able to play any video files either using WMP or from Media Center. Playing songs seems to work okay but video causes the mouse to freeze and then the screen goes blank (black). No way to go except rebooting the system as it just hangs there in black screen. Does this every time I try to play a video file. System is a P4 2.80GHz 1023 MB RAM Nvidia GE Force 6600GT with current...
October 15th 06 09:52 PM
by Martin Stein Go to last post
6 198
Can DVD maker output to hard drive or shrink recorded TV? by Nick Payne
When dumping recorded TV shows onto DVD in WinXP I frequently write the output to HDD and then run DVDShrink over it to get it down to the capacity of a single sided DVD. There doesn't seem to be any facility in DVDMaker to either shrink the output or write it anywhere but directly to DVD, and although my DVD Authoring package, TMPGEnc DVD Author, runs fine on Vista, it doesn't recognise the...
October 15th 06 10:00 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
1 183
Strange clip generation in Movie Maker by Dave Nuttall
I imported the video for four short plays. It is in a single avi file that came from a single Mini-DV tape. Each play was recorded in one take, and the camera was stopped between plays. In XP I'm pretty sure that Movie Maker generated four clips - one for each of the takes. This was very useful and completely rational. In Vista things are different. Play 1 is split into 3 clips, each one...
October 16th 06 12:21 AM
by Dave Nuttall Go to last post
0 198
Digital Image 10 by Big Tony
Installed Digital Image Suit Anniverary AD..Vista crashed .Had to go to last known good config to get to boot up. Libary did not install.
October 16th 06 03:52 AM
by Big Tony Go to last post
0 252
Please fix this before RC2 by [email protected]
Internet explorer now restarts if a some fatal error occurs. I say some because not all errors are being handled. Go to the site below with a computer that does not have Intel Viiv or Intel Centrino technology and click next http://viiv.nbcuni.com/viivexperience.html What happened to me with a VIA chipset was scary because the whole windows Vista gave me a text error message on the full...
October 16th 06 05:58 PM
by RR Johnson Jr Go to last post
3 406
Windows Photo Gallery Revert To Original Image Bad Design by Mitch W
I was really impressed with the way Vista is handling photographs and the tight integration with Photo Gallery. I thought I could do away with programs like Picasa, but I found a big problem. I put some images onto a test machine, made some fixes to them, reverted to original, etc. I then checked the original directory and my original files were not there - the modified versions were then in...
October 17th 06 12:11 AM
by Pier Rodelon Go to last post
1 381
CD/DVD Burner for Vista by PA Bear
Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video newsgroup via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) Luis Carlos Delgado (Costa Rica) wrote: Hello: Does anyone know a DVD burning software that works with Vista? I've tried
October 17th 06 01:28 AM
by Hugh Jass Go to last post

From The