Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
problem in calling GetService of IAudioClient(vista build 5744) by xue jun
In the sdk sample "WinAudio", I attemped to playback .wav file. But i found that a error dialog-box popuped when the sample called GetService of IAudioClient to get interface IAudioRenderClient. The dialog-box shows "Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling...
October 17th 06 02:06 AM
by xue jun Go to last post
0 201
C-Media USB Audio issue by let_it_roll
Ok, my current audio setup is as follows: Onboard audio is a SigmaTel C-Major Audio device with driver version 5.10.4469.0 from SigmaTel. USB audio is provided by a C-Media device running XEAR 3D, EAX 2.0 and driver version 5.12.01.0042.7 (62.2). Both drivers appear to be up to date and the devices are more or less functional. I have two issues. First, when using the headphone jack on the...
October 17th 06 04:06 AM
by let_it_roll Go to last post
1 248
DXVA in Windows Vista? by Victor Max
Hello, I've installed the latest nVidia PureVideo Platinum DVD Decoder in Windows Vista RC2 and after editing a few registry settings the decoder works better then the built-in decoder of Vista RC2. But how do I enable DXVA acceleration of my GS7600 Graphics Card? In the nVidia settings there is a option of hardware acceleration, which I enabled but the decoder is still running...
October 18th 06 06:48 AM
by Victor Max Go to last post
0 266
Accessing media from a UPnP device in WMP 11 by Jeremy
In a post-Beta 2 build of Vista, at one point I was able to open Windows Media 11 and it automatically discovered my Maxtor shared server UPnP NAS device with my music, videos & photos on it. I used it to stream my music to my laptop. After upgrading to RC1, it seems that this feature no longer works or is missing. I have made sure I have "Find media that others are sharing" enabled in the...
October 18th 06 07:22 AM
by Jeremy Go to last post
3 424
DVD Maker Won't Burn WMV files... by terry
Hi folks, I have successfully burned DVD Video Disks using MPG files but not WMV files. Most of my videos are WMV. I can burn WMV FILES to disk using explorer but cannot create a DVD using DVD Maker or Movie Maker with source files of WMV. I'm not burning copy protected files. All documentation I've read suggests WMV files are fine to create DVD Video
October 19th 06 09:20 AM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
5 230
Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 with Vista RC2 by Jdr
Has anyone using this Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 with Vista RC2 Build 5744? I managed to install drivers only but installation of software from the CD is blocked. Regards Jdr
October 19th 06 10:22 AM
by Jdr Go to last post
9 202
Nero is Ready for Windows Vista by V McGhee
Nero 7 Premium Reloaded is Windows Vista Ready! Beginning with the October update, Nero's award-winning, all-in-one digital multimedia suite will be able to be used in concert with Windows Vista. More information about Windows Vista follows in this edition of Nero News. In addition, we will also review Nero's success at recent technology trade shows, turn our focus to the future of...
October 19th 06 11:55 AM
by V McGhee Go to last post
0 201
Resetting tag history? by Bill G.
I don't know if it is just a temporarily missing feature in Photo Gallery, but there should be an option to clear all of the tags it remembers...coz sometimes I happen to mistype a tag or half-write it, and after that, every time I write the correct one, the unnecessary mistakes show up in the pop-up list. I haven't found a way to clear that list. I'm using Vista RC1 (build 5600).
October 19th 06 01:29 PM
by Bill G. Go to last post
0 145
Pentax Optio S by McBainia
Has anyone managed to get the above camera working in Vista RC1 ? The XP driver doesn't work and I cant find another driver any where.
October 19th 06 05:30 PM
by Joe Ogiba Go to last post
2 142
Media Player error by Mrlopez
When I use media player 11 to view MLB games I get the following error: Windows Media Player Error: The file you are attempting to play has an extention (.jsp) that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior. Do you want the player to try to play this content? Can anyone tell me why i'm getting this error?
October 20th 06 01:01 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
1 158
Popping sound with DVD playback by ~working mom~
Windows Vista Ultimate RC1 AMD Athalon XP 3000+ 512 MB RAM NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) _____________________________ Clean install of RC1 _____________________________ I put that information up incase it helps with the problem.
October 21st 06 04:23 PM
by Naveen Thumpudi [MSFT] Go to last post
1 173
RC1 and SoundMax -- funky audio problems by
"clean" install (let old WinXP2 go to Windows.old, no dual boot) on a "white box" which had WinXP previously (overall performance evaluation of the system is a pedestrian 2.5) -- used to have audio, no problem -- now generally, no audio -- very funky -- Device Manager reports no problems or conflicts (SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio) -- but don't get sound, for the most part -- sometimes...
October 21st 06 07:48 PM
by better_beta Go to last post
4 237
Windows Media Player not playing music by Jer
I am trying to play some MP3 files and even the included "Sample Music" and they will not play, it does not freeze or stall it just does not play.. Media Center does play them however.. But I would much rather use Media Player..
October 21st 06 07:49 PM
by SweptSquash Go to last post
3 406
SOLUTION TO NERO7! by Patrick
Forget installing Nero7xxxx... Simply copy the directory from another computer and paste it in Program Files... it works without a single glitch. If you've got two partitions, just start using the one from XP... create yourself a shortcut and Bob's your uncle! No installation is a good installation!
October 22nd 06 03:18 PM
by Mark W Scheidell Go to last post
4 234
Nero 7.0 problem by Robert
I have Nero 7.0 for Vista and after the movie DVD recording i checked it and there is nothing on the disc! it went through the proces no problem but there is no final movie on the DVD. Please help. Also Vista rc1 will not complete DVD burn it stops shuts down. Rob
October 22nd 06 07:51 PM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
1 144
AOL Radio by evworld
I cant get AOL radio to work with Vista. Is there an issue with my setup or does AOL radio not supported?
October 22nd 06 07:53 PM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
5 173
Audio troubles...can't hear downloaded audio by Jared
My problem is this: Everytime I download something like a podcast or a song from the internet, the download goes well and Windows Media Player opens, but it won't play the clip. It registers that there is a clip on the playlist, but it just doesn't play. For websites with internal sounds (for instance, zombo.com) the sound cannot be heard, but the sound manager shows that there is indeed a...
October 22nd 06 09:06 PM
by Jared Go to last post
0 139
making CD copies? by packard8
I've learned that my version Of Nero won't function in Vista, is there a way to make a direct CD copy?... TIA
October 23rd 06 01:23 AM
by packard8 Go to last post
4 152
Media Player 11 HELP ... by 5-Roses
Hiya PPL ! I'm running Vista RC1 5600. My sound is fine, I can hear all other sound but cannot play music on my media player. I installed DVX to play my DVD's however still trying to figure out how to play audio. Day 3 of Running Vista ;-)
October 23rd 06 07:23 AM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
1 169
Recording with Windows Sound Recorder and Audacity by G1isHere
For one reason or another, i can't record sound. The driver for my line-in isn't "recognized", so i can't use my microphone either. And what's up with Vista's audio controls? they don't give you enough control . . . I've got an HP pavilion (dv8327cl) Any ideas?
October 23rd 06 01:07 PM
by readme2112 Go to last post

From The