Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Media player repair by rickE
I installed a bad Sipro codec (an MS webcast needed it) and now Media player locks up on these webcasts. I have to kill the process via Task manager. I tried to back out the install via the steps in the .inf, but I still have the issue. Does anyone know if there is a way to repair/reinstall wmp11 in vista? Thanks, Rick
October 23rd 06 04:18 PM
by rickE Go to last post
2 149
Shortcut to Movies by Sody
A shortcut to "Movies" should be added alongside the already existed shortcuts (e.g. Documents, Pictures, Muisc, Games etc.)- when you hit the "Start" button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...
October 24th 06 12:35 AM
by Sody Go to last post
3 146
Input Line in/Volume control problem by Boboba
In XP, one was able to adjust individual volume levels from the windows volume mixer (such as Line In, Line Out, WAVE, CD-IN, Etc.) however in Vista, that is all non-existant, the only thing related to volume that i am allowed to adjust is the "Speaker Volume". Well I want to use my guitar amp on vista like i did in XP. In XP all i had to do was plug it into the pink input on the back of the...
October 24th 06 05:48 AM
by Boboba Go to last post
4 170
Windown media player 11 In Windows Vista by Aamir
I've installed windows vista & after that when i try to play any video files the sound is so abrupt in every file. I've tried to figure out but i could'nt please help required very badly. thanx
October 24th 06 05:50 AM
by Boboba Go to last post
3 252
windows photo gallery - color balance comes out very wrong by economy_rice
Strange problem Thumbnails are correct, slideshow is correct, but somehow when i double click on any jpeg or other picture file, the image is very yellow, as if someone added 500 kelvin to the image. This happens with all my files. Is windows trying to automatically correct color balance in the opened file ? How come it gets it wrong in the viewer but not in the thumbnail ? Any advice ?
October 24th 06 08:19 AM
by DLP Go to last post
2 187
Partial Import by Omid Givi
Hi, At the moment, the Windows Photo Gallery imports "ALL" the pictures in one session, tagging all the imported digital photoes. This is very annoying if you have shooted different subjects and you want to import and tag them separately. There is no option just to import some photoes (not all of them) so that you may import the rest in another session (and tag them different, off...
October 24th 06 02:58 PM
by Omid Givi Go to last post
1 196
Sound on iMac Boot Camp install of Vista Ultimate by Pier Rodelon
I have a 20" iMac Dual Core 2 GHz with 2 G RAM etc. I was running XP Home on the Boot Camp install (120 Gig HD partition) and Vista installed w/o a hitch. Had to remove Nero and a cople of things aren't recognized, but there was a note about sound that I missed, since I don't have a fancy sound card or memory in this machine. Vista suggested I go somewhere and get drivers for some sound...
October 24th 06 08:21 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
2 256
5.1 not working with music, audio...HOWEVER by jbrosmer
Hi-- My issue is.....my 5.1 audio doesn't work when I listen to mp3's (even when using wmp11, watch avi's, etc...however it does work when I do the audio test in the sound options, and all windows sounds. the audio chipset is ADI AD1988B....I can see all speakers and test each one....anyone else have similair problems or suggestions? Thanks for your help - jbrosmer
October 24th 06 09:14 PM
by Mick Go to last post
2 391
DVD Maker by Adrian
I have found a very obvious and reproducable error in DVD Maker and can't believe its not been found!? The following is what I do: 1. Run DVD Maker 2. Add one picture 3. Save as 4. Close DVD Maker 5. Run DVD Maker 6. Open the saved file
October 24th 06 10:31 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
0 270
RC2 - folder - view as slide show - menus illegible by tmike
i notice that if i view a folder of pictures as a slide show, the menus in the control apparatus at the bottom of the screen are illegible. i can't tell if they are "greeked" or simply very very tiny. anyone else having this problem? -- tmike tmike at tmike your dot pants com (to email, remove your pants)
October 25th 06 02:59 AM
by tmike Go to last post
0 164
Pixel Shader version & Aero by Mark B
I am trying to get the Windows Vista Aero option to show up in the Color Scheme window. I have been running a system test to tell me what is not up to snuff in terms of hardward, and I've gotten rid of everything EXCEPT the fact that the Pixel Shader on my video card is v. 1.4 and needs to be at least 2.0 My questions are 1) Is there a way to "upgrade" the video card to v2.0 or do I need to...
October 25th 06 10:57 PM
by Mark B Go to last post
2 188
Sound Volume by Kevin
My volume, when using headphones, is too loud. Help, I’m going deaf! I’m running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2. My computer is a Gateway Model M275 Tablet PC. Whenever I try to use headphones (actually earplug type), the volume is way to loud. I have the system volume down as far as it will go (either through hotkeys or control panel “Sounds and...
October 26th 06 10:21 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
1 235
Media Center flashing... by Regnad
Only with Mediacenter. Strobe-like and about 5 hz or so. Nvidia 6800GT with build 5728. Thanks for any advice.
October 27th 06 09:19 PM
by jdk Go to last post
1 427
IE7 Video Shrink by Spot
In the Beta 2 version of Vista when I was browsing a site that had video, when I would scroll down a page and the top of the video reached the top of the browser window, the video would shrink...is this something that can be re-enabled in RC1+? -- esu lanoisseforp
October 28th 06 04:37 AM
by Spot Go to last post
0 258
Pictures transfer from camera card to Photo Gallery by Benjamin Troib
Why there is no option to preview & choose the pictures to transfer from the flash card to the Windows Photo Gallery , the way it was implemented in WinXP ? (the import wizard transforms all pictures stored in the card by default, w/o option to select)
October 28th 06 11:07 AM
by Benjamin Troib Go to last post
0 186
No audio by Viper
I can't find any drivers for Windows Vista RC1 for my onboard sound system. My Intel Chipset is: Chipset Detected Chipset: Intel(R) 915 Express Chipset family Chipset Components Memory Controller: 82915G/P
October 28th 06 05:25 PM
by Viper Go to last post
2 255
beeping sound by Papillion
i have to admit to being stumped. since loading windows vista (rc2) a 'beeping sound' has plagued my thinkpad x31. Reasonably certain it is not hardware related. it seems in some way to be triggered by an unknown process, and produces a short beep. turning off all sounds does not help, it is not the windows default beep (when i change the .wav file the sound does not change), i have...
October 28th 06 08:50 PM
by Papillion Go to last post
0 283
Play DVD --- no sound and poor quality by 電腦初學者
Windows Vista do not need install any decoder is a good function. But I cannot hear any sound while playing DVD. On the other hand, the quality is poor than Windows XP. **I have been installed sound card and display card driver normally and run normally in other program**
October 29th 06 05:31 PM
by Brian The Fish Go to last post
1 518
Media Player in Vista and AVI by The Sauce Doctor
As in the title, really. Instead of opening avi files, I'm asked "Do you want to open or save this file?". Even if I click "Open", the same prompt appears. I've downloaded a zillion codec packs, to no avail. Any ideas folks? Cheers
October 30th 06 01:33 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
4 307
WMP11 Startup of WMPNSCFG by cvp
(Vista-64 RC1) The defender/software explorer shows a startup program item of WMPNSCFG.exe but it shows it as being in "Program Files (x86)' not where it really is in "Program Files". It also shows it as "Publisher Not Available" and "Not Yet Classified". The registry confirms it. I think this is related to URGE (which I'm not using). Am I missing anything
October 30th 06 09:49 PM
by Jane C Go to last post

From The