Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Problem with Burning Device by Carlos_x3
For the longest time now I have not been able to burn dvd movies on my toshiba laptop satellite with vista basic. I've tried nero and others but nothing works. Recently I tried using my dvd movie factory and it said no burning device or driver is not detected. I checked out my device driver and I noticed this under " DVD/ CD-Rom Drives". Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ850S ATA Device Windows cannot start...
April 7th 08 06:35 AM
by Carlos_x3[_2_] Go to last post
2 168
How to change WMP setting from time elapsed to time to go by Honeybear
Anyone know how to change the time setting in Windows Media Player to view the time left to play in a song instead of the time elapsed since the song started? Thanks!
April 6th 08 11:19 PM
by Edward[_5_] Go to last post
1 182
.avi file with 2 audio tracks by jmp
I have an .avi file with 2 audio tracks. When I play it in VLC media player, I can choose between the 2 tracks. When I play it in WMP, it plays track 2. Is there a way in WMP for me to choose the other audio track? Also, if I burn the file to DVD with Windows DVD Maker, it appears to burn only track 2. Is there a way for me to burn both audio tracks in Windows DVD Maker? Thanks for any...
April 6th 08 08:29 PM
by jds145 Go to last post
2 131
WMM Vista - Can't get date/time stamp info from imported clips by Jon[_12_]
I'm sure I used to get this for the individual clips imported from my camcorder when I used XP. Have now got vista and can't see this information which I need to order my movies. I am importing as AVI single file to maximise quality. TIA Jon
April 6th 08 05:11 PM
by Jon[_12_] Go to last post
1 150
sound formats by rachaelm13
Hi I am using Microsoft PowerPoint 2000, and I am having trouble attaching sound to an image. I do the following steps: Right click on imageĂ* action settings:Ă* tick the box next to “play sound:”Ă* scroll down and select the “other sound…”Ă* brows menu comes up I select the sound from where is was savedĂ* and then a notice come up saying “PowerPiont can’t play the sound file...
April 6th 08 12:53 PM
by Clevo[_31_] Go to last post
1 192
Screensaver in Photo mode locks up OS by hattiedee
Vista Premium Home I've chosen "Photos" for my screensaver. When screensaver starts, it does not cycle through pics. It stays on the first pic displayed. and then, I cannot get the screensaver to quit. CTL +_ ALT + DEL doesn't even work. I have to hard shutdown PC. All my pics are jpegs. Any suggestions?
April 5th 08 11:44 PM
by hattiedee Go to last post
0 149
Media Player v11 on Vista, DClick Autoplay by NickB2290
I am running Vista Ultimate and had my v11 media player crash recently and was able to repair it with the registry edit fix but now if i double click on any audio or video file in an explorer window the audio starts as if its playing but the player window does not appear, i then have to click on the MP shortcut to open it manually and the content is there but then if close the player window...
April 5th 08 11:22 PM
by NickB2290 Go to last post
0 150
Cant get music to play on Photo Impact Pro, Please help by ynotry
I recently got Photo Impact Pro to mess around with my pictures and put them on a slide show.....I can get the pictures to go through on the slide show, but I cant get the music to play.. What am I doing wrong? I tried it .mp3 and wav format, but it says that the file is either corrupt, or it is in the wrong format or no fil, any suggestions?Please help Thanks
April 5th 08 09:52 PM
by Edward[_5_] Go to last post
1 215
Vista Burning - Viewable on '98 by Cariel
Previously I was prompted every time I wanted to burn data or music/video onto a disc asking me what type of disc I wanted to make. It gave the choice of making it viewable on most other computers or make it a re-writable disc. Now I don't have any prompts... I want to be able to choose to make a disc written finalized, whatever, so that it can be read on older versions of windows that don't...
April 5th 08 08:21 PM
by Cariel Go to last post
0 128
Cant detect ipod nano by dave33082
When I try to Sync in Windows media player it dosn't detect my ipod nano. Anyone know how to fix?
April 5th 08 08:02 PM
by dave33082 Go to last post
0 131
WMP 11 / Vista - Cannot launch files from browser (mpg, wmv, mp3.. by cp-bulldog
As noted above, I'm running Vista Ultimate and my WMP stopped working when being called from the web. When browsing and clicking on xxx.mp3 or xxx.mpg the media player should launch. Instead I get a page cannot be displayed error. I've searched around for months and have not found any solution. I sure wish there was a way to repair WMP 11 or reinstall it. WMP will play all file types...
April 5th 08 06:40 PM
by cp-bulldog Go to last post
0 127
WMC v.6 won't update video media folders by Malcolm H
I have assigned media folders for my video files and in WMC library setup have set the folders to be 'watched'. When I select Video Library in WMC the folders and files are not visible. What can be the reasons for this?
April 5th 08 04:20 PM
by Malcolm H Go to last post
0 119
Windows Media Player 11 - Sync List (on Vista) by CS
Sync'ing music to my mp3 player - I add an album to the sync list, hit sync but rather than just adding that one album, windows media player syncs all the albums on my computer to the mp3 player. First noticed the problem because I share the computer with someone else and we want different albums on our mp3s - we were having to delete those we didn't want. However its worse than that, I...
April 4th 08 11:30 PM
by CS Go to last post
0 174
Loss of one OTA digital channel by bcrotsko
I have Vista Home Premium. I have two Hauppauge 1600s and a Nvidia 8600GTS. I have been receiving all my local digital OTA channels just fine since getting this machine 6 months ago, and now suddenly the local CBS affiliate, channel 4.1, is gone. Just gone. Dead. I get nothing but the No TV Signal blue screen. When I go to settings and check the digital signal strength, it is totally...
April 4th 08 08:39 PM
by Kenneth Raich Go to last post
6 203
QuickTime ERROR by jcgalveza
Hello, I'm having an error every time I try to play a .mov file using QuickTime. Before SP1 I had a "buffer overrun" error and now, after SP1 installed I'm having an "QuickTime stoped responding" error. I'm using the latest version of QuickTime on an Athlon 64 X2 computer with 2GB memory an Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I can not convert mov to other format because my camera's (Kodak) software...
April 4th 08 08:27 PM
by jcgalveza Go to last post
0 142
Windows Media Center by Loudube
Is there anyone who uses Windows Media Center on Vista to receive HDTV broadcasts in Canada( Ontario to be exact )? I have been unable to setup since is refses Canada telling me that " The tuner hardware does not support the TV format for your region" BeyondTV(it has other problems) and TotalMedia3(It doesn't separate recording and viewing) have no problem with my hardware.
April 4th 08 08:02 PM
by Loudube Go to last post
0 144
prevent wmp11 from modifying tags/dowloading album art? by Don W
Hello, I have a bunch of loose mp3s (i.e. not the entire albums, just a few tracks from particular albums) grouped into folders based on genre. They have blank album tags. How can I prevent WMP11 from assigning album tags to these mp3 and downloading album art. I have every possible check box involved in media updating unchecked. Among my 20 or so genre folders, WMP only seems to modify the...
April 4th 08 07:10 PM
by Don W Go to last post
7 291
problems printing pictures out of windows essentails by steve gardner
I am having trouble printing pictures on my network printer from Windows essentials. I see the icon saying that it is printing but it does not. I can reach the printer with other microsoft software (word, excel, etc.). I am running an ethernet netork through a router to my printer, the printer is Vista compatible. Please let me know what I should do. The printer is an HP 2610xi all...
April 4th 08 04:15 PM
by steve gardner Go to last post
0 139
Itunes and recycle bin??? by Jeweljones
I accidently Deleted a tv show from my itunes...I went to my recycle bin found it right clicked hit restore...It disappeared from my recycle bin but did not restore it to my Itunes..Where did it go? And how can I find it now? Thanks a bunch for help.
April 4th 08 03:53 PM
by Jeweljones Go to last post
0 165
Uploading Music by daplaw123
How do I upload music from Windows Media Player to email to someone?
April 4th 08 03:13 PM
by Dave Go to last post

From The