Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Movie Maker - by BByrnes2580
I imported videos and pictures from my digital cam corder into Windows Movie Maker after saving them in my documents. These videos were saved in as .MOD format (whatever that is). NOW- heres the kicker- weeks ago when doing this i was on vista basic and after importing I was able to hear and see videos i uploaded to it perfectly. After recently changing to Vista Premium this is the first...
September 20th 07 04:28 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 90
MS Movie Maker- Not responding by Diane )
I'm using MS Movie Maker in Vista... and have created a fairly large project (~10 min long) using photos and videos. But, I've reached a point where I can't make a single change (effects, transitions) without the Preview shutting down. I checked the FAQ, but all that was available was a recommendation built for XP users where I needed to change the regedit. But, I couldn't apply the...
September 20th 07 04:39 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 112
Is there a way to remove codecs by Jorn[_2_]
I'm having trouble with media player 11, and I think it's becaus there are a lot of corrupted codecs on my computer... it's not playing avi files, and MP-11 crashes during other movie playbacks. Is there anyone who knows how to remove the codecs from my pc. Reg, Jorn
September 20th 07 04:55 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
6 108
media center problems by jagerrs123
i cant use my mouse in vistia media center. how can i resolve this problem?
September 20th 07 05:28 AM
by jagerrs123 Go to last post
0 101
WMP 11 and vista streaming by a.j.
I bought a new laptop with vista premium, wmp 11 preinstalled, and now when I try to stream wmv files in a webpage it plays audio fine, but the video is playing at 0.1 frames...however this only happens on certain wmv files...example: http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?f=msnhome...this video is unwatchable! What can I do? Please Help!!!
September 20th 07 01:14 PM
by a.j.[_2_] Go to last post
7 145
Screen saver by Schrocker66
Im having problems with the screen saver and slide show using Vista. They origianlly worked when I got the computer, but now... the programs stop! I am using the default screen saver provided by windows. I just got new personal pictures I want to use but can't! Help!
September 20th 07 02:42 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 123
Cant add Folders to Photo Gallery? by Scott Townsend
\\server\share\scott\pictures p:\ - \\server\share\scott\pictures n:\ - \\server\share\scott So I have a drive mapped (P:\) to my Picture folder on the server. I added it to the Gallery a while ago and it added the 21,000 images in there. I've added to Image folder under the Picture folder and they do not show up
September 20th 07 02:58 PM
by Scott Townsend Go to last post
0 88
No photos in Photo Gallery by lincmb
I have no photos or video in my windows photo gallery, the help says that photos and videos in the pictures folder are automatically placed in photo gallery. I have heaps of pictures in the pictures folder but nothing shows up in photo gallery. I try to add the pictures folder and i get a message: "you cant add this folder to the gallery. this folder or one of its parent folders is...
September 20th 07 04:22 PM
by Frank C Go to last post
5 107
burning a podcast to cd, help please - it's too long by KRK
Hello, I have downloaded a podcast (mp3) which is about 83 minutes long. I want to burn it to a cd so I can listen to it over my cd & hifi system. I therefore need to erase the last 3 minutes. Is there a simple way of doing this ? I have been trying to use windows movie maker but it is far more complicated than I need. Can someone point me in the right direction please
September 20th 07 04:45 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
3 86
windows photo gallery by daniel
hi, windows photo gallery open a blank window and i just can't close it. when i try to restart or shutdown it says windows photo gallery is preventing the windows from shutting down. your help is very much appreciated. -- God bless you
September 20th 07 10:48 PM
by Merrill Go to last post
1 98
DVD Maker doesn't work--shuts down--is broken by mjohnsen
I have been trying to get help with the following with no responses so I will try again. I add a project to DVD Maker. I click next. I get a message that Windows DVD Maker has stopped working and it shuts down. The problem is reported but no solution is available. The problem report is as follows: Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: DvdMaker.exe Application...
September 20th 07 11:35 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
6 163
2 big problems with Windows DVD Maker by stever99
I have two serious problems with Windows DVD Maker. 1) I have been using it to burn WMV files. Almost every file has out of sync sound when I watch the dvd on my dvd player. I've burned the files using other burning software (DVD Flick), and this problem does not occur - so it's not my dvd player. 2) I can only get the problem to burn WMV files. If I try to burn an AVI file, the program...
September 20th 07 11:38 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
6 116
Vista won't accept camera by enndee
I recently bought a Nikon D40X camera but whatever I try, Vista won't locate the driver. I downloaded the latest sftware from the Nikon website and their technical people assure me that it is Vista compatible. Every time I plug in the camera, the laptop tells me it has found new hardware but when I tell it to search for the driver, it can't find it, either automatically or manually. This is...
September 21st 07 01:14 AM
by chocolatepleasure Go to last post
3 99
cant stretch the desktop to full screen by Pictureshowman
just changed from XP to Vista Ultimate and I cant find where to stretch the Desktop to full screen as I now only have the centre with a black band on each side. Suggestions please? -- Only seek what you really want and need
September 21st 07 06:52 AM
by Pictureshowman Go to last post
5 102
In Iraq and need help with new computer by In_Iraq
Hello, I'm serving a tour in Iraq and am having trouble with my new computer. Story goes like this. I purchased a new HP laptop before I deployed in April. It is running Windows Vista (which is new to me). I am allowed on morale computers with limited internet access but am not able to connect my laptop to the morale network. I just bought a new Zune mp3 player and went to install the...
September 21st 07 11:24 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 110
Surrogate Com - Irritating crash of Surrogate Com by Fetterbr
Hello. I am a big movie fan and have lots of gigabytes on my pc. I am using Vista Ultima 64 and all updates has been installed. I dont have Nero installed just before you ask, but i use Advanced Vista Codec pack final version. I am pulling my little left over hair as i am getting this Surrogate Com error all the time when i browse trough my movies what i ofcause use thumbnail view. I have...
September 21st 07 11:28 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
6 104
how 2 uninstall windows photo gallery by Tambo
Photo gallery has NEVER worked on my laptop-it corrupts the screen and I have to restart. I have no problem with system resources-I have an ATI 128mb graphx card with latest drivers, 1gb ram, 120gb HD. I run with no problems Adobe photoshop elements 5 and Adobe premier elements 5, I can also play COD2 and other resource hungry games and watch DVD videos. Any advice on how to 'get rid' of this...
September 21st 07 12:46 PM
by Tambo Go to last post
0 93
movie maker stops at 80.9% then get error message by kgreen
I am running windows Vista on an emachines computer. It purchased it new in Feburary. I created 1 video with scaned pictures and added music first thing and "published" my movie with windows movie maker and it worked fine. Made several copies of the movie without problem. Now when I try to do the excat same thing it won't work. I have tried to change speed for recording and that didn't work....
September 21st 07 02:20 PM
by ad7110 Go to last post
1 94
WMP 11 by Seeker
Is there a way to play all songs without adding to a playlist or to the play lis pane? I am constantly updating my music library and have to keep creating a playlist or adding more to the playlist when I get new songs which is annoying when you've just put them into the library and are trying to remember which songs are all ready there. I just want to be able to play and shuffle all songs....
September 21st 07 03:26 PM
by Seeker Go to last post
0 99
I am having issues with burning.. by MistyEngstrom
I have tried to burn music to CDR's of all kinds, and it will appear as if the music IS burnt to the disc, but once it pops the cd out when its done, I go and play it in a cd player or my vehicle and it won't work. I can't even forward the disc past the first song. Is there certain settings my computer needs to be in for my songs to download properly in my CDR's? I am having trouble and I am...
September 21st 07 03:36 PM
by kiki[_2_] Go to last post

From The