Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
No Soundcard by Mexiweg
I recently downloaded the Vista driver for my new Linsys CIT 300 Skype Phone. Shortly after every time I open a program I get the message that no soundcard is installed although spund is cpming out of the speakers ! I tried to open programs of the control panels like device manager but the screen only turns transparent without a message and after a minute or so turns back to the former page...
November 4th 07 03:29 PM
by Mexiweg Go to last post
0 66
error codes by hockeymom18
I cannot seem to download the newest version of quick time and itunes - an error code keeps appearing # 2738 ?? This is very frustrating and i hope someone can help me.... i'm running on windows vista thnx
November 20th 07 02:30 PM
by hockeymom18 Go to last post
1 66
Recorded 1080 HD file in vista media center has 704x480 resolution by etc6849
I know for sure the channels are broadcasting in 1080i and have verified this with another tuner/recording program and with the tv's hd tuner... The same files also show 853x480 when I open them in windows media player and view the properties. Any ideas? Is this a common problem? Shouldn't 1080 content be recorded as 1920x1080? The ATI catalyst media center does record at 1920x1080 in...
November 6th 07 03:47 PM
by etc6849 Go to last post
0 66
Listening to microphone by mixer
Can someone tell me how I can hear myself on the speakers if I use a microphone to talk into on the computer in windows vista home basic?
August 9th 07 03:56 AM
by mixer Go to last post
0 67
Saving dvd to computer by healingsolitude
Hello, I am interested in saving a memorial dvd onto this computer and adding music to the video. The only problem is that I can't seem to find where I need to click to save the dvd while it is playing. Is my media player missing something or am I overlooking the proper step? I am probably looking in the wrong place. The video is 8 mins 22 secs long and plays fine on the player. The player...
October 6th 07 11:11 AM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
1 67
New BETA nVidia Graphics Drivers (ver. 169.04 30 October 2007) by Cal Bear '66
New BETA nVidia Graphics Drivers (ver. 169.04 30 October 2007): http://www.nvidia.com/Download/betadrivers.aspx?lang=en-us I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
October 31st 07 03:14 PM
by caver1[_3_] Go to last post
8 67
Volume Help by VistaUser
How do I get the volume control back to the bottom-right part of my taskbar?
April 23rd 07 12:59 AM
by Mike Byrns Go to last post
2 67
Window Photo Gallery by Jahay
Most of my pictures are visable. Some (abouth 10%) show the image of the lake and trees as shown on the Music, Picture and Video page. These pictures do visualize when I click them, but obviously I would like to know what I am clicking on. Can anyone help me? Jahay
December 30th 07 02:43 AM
by Jahay Go to last post
0 67
No Audio after sleep by Angie
Hi There, I'm not getting any sound from my laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium) once it's been in sleep mode. My media player is working but no sound is coming out. Anu suggestions?? -- Thanks so much!
January 2nd 08 11:37 AM
by Angie Go to last post
0 67
Saturation problems when publishing by ISW
I originally posted this on another message board, but have not received any responses, so I'm posting here in hopes that someone can help me. When I publish my movie (to a DVD or my computer), the red tones (specifically skin tones) tend to be over saturated. The people in the pictures look like they're sunburned. I originally created the movie on my old computer using version 2.1 (XP) and...
August 27th 09 09:23 PM
by ISW Go to last post
0 67
Movie Maker crashes while publising by Artess
When I try to publish my movie in any place, Movie Maker just crashes and restarts. What should I do to avoid it? I have Vista Ultimate.
May 20th 07 10:48 AM
by Artess Go to last post
0 67
Change Windows Photo Gallery Display Size by MarkN
Hello, Using Vista, I view photos using Windows Photo Gallery. I am able to change the 'display size' (using the zoom icon) to magnify an individual image but when I move to the next image the display size resets to the default zoom and I manually increase the zoom. Is it possible to change the default zoom to what I want (and, if so, how)? -- Thanks,
May 23rd 07 01:59 AM
by MarkN Go to last post
0 67
What dvd/cd burming software are you using? by Robert
Just wonder what software people are have success with on Vista 32bit. I'm running Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 but many thing are really flawed in it. Looking for another option preferably something a little more light weight. Thanks!
May 21st 07 11:31 PM
by sntholiday Go to last post
1 67
Problem with tagging photos by Jenn
Okay I have tagged all my photos in Windows Photo Gallery. But when I go to windows media center it shows about 100 photos that i have not tagged. I don't understand what is going on. I look through the photos and know that i have tagged them. Any help on this
May 21st 07 03:46 AM
by Jenn Go to last post
0 67
Movie Maker "stalls" in decoding phase... by Cyn
Windows Movie Maker lets me add a project...and takes the right through the steps to the "Creating, DVD Please Wait..." window where it sits...forever..."encoding." THEN...after about an hour, I get a message saying "Windows Movie Maker has stopped working," and asking if I want to head for the Net for a solution or...you know the drill. WHAT is goin' on here? Making DVDs has always been a...
May 20th 07 07:06 PM
by Cyn Go to last post
0 67
Noise (popping) Using Media Center's CD Playback by Brad in PDX
I have transferred my CD collection onto my CD. I have noticed an annoying popping noise and garbled when playing the music within VISTA (Media Center). If I playback using Windows Media Player outside of MC, same music file no issues and it sounds great. What's the difference between these programs? I later found that if I have the Media Center open and playing back using the Windows...
May 1st 07 02:59 AM
by Brad in PDX Go to last post
0 67
music cds not reading by pistolpoida
i have tried putting in my music cds, and it is not reading at all, i just get an error saying put in a disc please help, it is a bit of a pain in the back side
May 15th 07 08:39 AM
by pistolpoida Go to last post
0 67
What's the deal with all this "super" searching in Vista? by Byron Followell
What's the deal with all this "super" searching in Vista that appparently doesn't work for me? I've added tags, captions and other metadata to many of my photos. However, none of these photos show up when I perform a search. I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong but I have no idea what it is. One thing I should mention is that I'm not using the normal Windows Vista photo locations....
May 15th 07 09:26 AM
by Byron Followell Go to last post
2 67
Can't play vista made move on windows xp movie maker by Duval67
Hey everyone. I made a movie using Windows Vista Home Premium Movie Maker, and when I try to edit it on a Windows XP computer, it tell me that it is an incompatible file format. Is there any way that I can edit the Vista made video on XP?
May 28th 07 03:50 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
1 68
transport camcorder photo to computer video by C SAND
I have a sony Mini Dv camcorder DCR-HC21 NTSC and i'm not sure how to view the photos i have taken in the camera to my notebook computer i have a USB connector that came with the camcorder and contect it to my labtop USB port But DO I have to have a DV contector intead? or should the USB one work?
May 28th 07 05:13 PM
by C SAND Go to last post

From The