Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Kodak .mov file plays incorrectly by SF Bay'er[_2_]
I am running Vista Home Premium and update my Quicktime software to the latest version. I have a short movie (about 30 seconds) from my Kodak digital camera. It is a .mov file. When I play it in Quicktime, it is OK for a few seconds, then starts to get pixelated, then just stops running. The same file plays without a problem on my WinXP PC. Any ideas? Thanks. Tom
January 19th 08 11:57 PM
by SF Bay'er[_2_] Go to last post
0 181
Nero 8 by Bill Condie[_3_]
Anyone using this? I'm trying to capture directly to disk, but seem to be limited to 45 minutes. Can I set the quality to EP/SP etc anywhere?
January 19th 08 11:41 PM
by Bill Condie[_3_] Go to last post
2 196
VHS to digital by shaolin
Hi, I've searched for an answer to this but can't find it - hopefully this will be a simple thing I'm missing! I have a new Dell Inspiron 531 running Vista, it has a tuner card and I want to copy VHS from a reasonably recent JVC VHS machine onto the hard drive. Whatever I do I can't see any detection of the VHS player or signal. I've tried outputting the signal via a coaxial lead into the...
January 19th 08 10:51 PM
by Bill Condie[_3_] Go to last post
8 192
Photo Gallery tags by kfen
New to Vista. Not liking it. I have been reading that some have had problems with deleting tags in Photo Gallery. I too am having the same problem! Is this another one of those problems that Microsoft is ignoring and hoping that users will figure a way around it? Is this another "messages getting stuck in the outbox" problem? Does anyone have a true fix to the problem of being unable to...
January 19th 08 07:58 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
3 130
how can I increase default buffering in Windows Media Player by RobOregan
Hi all, I have Vista and I'd like to increase my default buffering but it only allows me to have a max of 60 seconds of buffering. Now my wireless network is a 54mbps one which in theory should be plenty to stream a Divx movie. But it's always, always a glitchy, start-stop video and is unwatchable. I've moved my access point around and the reception is as max'd out as it can get. ...
January 19th 08 07:07 PM
by RobOregan Go to last post
0 151
No Audio playback by wjr1973
I recently lost all audio, the only thing that works is the Realtek Audio manager. When I test the speaker setup I get sound but everything else is gone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
January 19th 08 02:43 PM
by wjr1973 Go to last post
0 131
data code does not transfer to dvd by Jas101
When using firewire to conect Handycam to computer for putting onto DVD the data code (date and time video was taken) does not appear on DVD. WHat am I doing wrong?
January 19th 08 06:54 AM
by Jas101 Go to last post
2 135
deleting pictures from Windows Media Center by alyssa
Hi, Does anyone know how to delete pictures from Windows Media Center without deleting them from the entire computer? I can't seem to find a way, and I don't want to have the pictures there. help please?
January 19th 08 04:56 AM
by alyssa Go to last post
4 138
DVD Video not working at all?!?! by Zappa_Fan
Ive been able to watch dvd movies just fine on my laptop until recently its just stopped working them at all... Upon inserting the dvd it whizzes around abit and then eventually stops, when i click on the drive in 'my computer' it just ejects the drive saying nothing is in there. Ive tried more dvd software and it still doesnt work, and i cant imagine it been the software as the drive in...
January 19th 08 12:38 AM
by Zappa_Fan Go to last post
0 108
DVD Maker memory allocation by Trev
I have a rather large file , just over 7 Gigabytes, of photos and videos. DVD maker says that it will take about 2 hours of the disc space. Easily enough to fit on a DVD. However when I preview using the DVD maker it seems to freeze. Reducing the files to just over 2 gigabites and the DVD maker seems to work fine. I've set the virtual memory to 10 gigabites but the problem persists. Is there...
January 18th 08 10:05 PM
by Edward[_5_] Go to last post
1 89
FiOS and Media Center by Weatherman1126
Hello, FiOS is currently being installed on my street, and I'm highly considering it. My only question is, does it work well in media center? Especially the HD (if that makes sense) Thanks
January 18th 08 06:27 PM
by Weatherman1126 Go to last post
0 94
movie maker for vista by Johnwiebe
windows movie maker will not recognize my digital camera to import vidio (and it worked before). I did manage to do it through "picasa2" but this seems kinda inefficient. any help would be appreciated. also: I would like to be able to import vidio from my dvd player into vista movie maker, make a movie, and then burn a dvd that I can play on any dvd player. I've done this successfully on my...
January 18th 08 04:59 PM
by Johnwiebe Go to last post
0 119
Windows Photo Gallery refuses to show pictures ? by Og[_3_]
For some reason, whenever i now go to open a picture, WPG opens up, but doesnt show the picture, instead the cursor just has the spinning loading circle. I have no idea how this has happened :( Anyone know of a fix ? Side question - In my User Folder, the Documents folder has for some reason lost its icon and its now a normal looking folder, what gives ? :(
January 18th 08 11:16 AM
by Og[_3_] Go to last post
4 119
Problems adding files/photos to storybook by exchanger
When I drag a photo to storybook, nothing happens. Tried copy and paste; also doesn't work. Also cannot drag videos clips to the storybook. Storybook and timeline features in Movie Maker 6.0 don't seem to work at all. Any help or suggestions? -- BTUegr
January 18th 08 10:18 AM
by Keith Go to last post
1 129
windows movie maker for vista by otj
I was quite disappointed to note that the windows vista movie maker does not have the features of its windows xp predecessor. For one, it does not have a button that lets the user take snapshots of a movie (which I use when there are perfect scenes in a particular homemade movie that does not have any photo counterpart). Second, although the volume control can be adjusted to a lower level,...
January 18th 08 10:00 AM
by Edward[_5_] Go to last post
7 128
Making decals with photos by Taxiracer4jr
I am trying to make a decal for my truck window. In order to do that I need to reverse the picture. I can not find a way to do that. Kodak used to have a program that would do that, but none of the ones I have now will do it. I can rotate it, but I need to reverse it! Can anyone help me?
January 18th 08 09:12 AM
by Edward[_5_] Go to last post
2 128
playing recorded dvds from movie maker onto the television by Movie maker
Can anyone tell me if i am able to show published dvd which i have made on my movie maker on my television through a dvd recorder as at the moment it does not appear to be working. Thanks
January 18th 08 09:09 AM
by Edward[_5_] Go to last post
2 132
Recording resolution in media centre by JET print
How can i tell media center to record HDTV at a lower resolution that my HDTV can display, it can only about 1300 not 1920.
January 18th 08 05:42 AM
by JET print Go to last post
0 115
Windows Photo Galery (Vista) by MARIAN PUDEK
Does anyone know why viewing images in Photo Galery some Images show vertical lines and no image. I tried to open them I can only see very tiny icon. While other editing programs display the properly. Can anyone explain it to me? Thanks! Marian
January 18th 08 04:23 AM
by MARIAN PUDEK Go to last post
0 101
Mouse disappears in Vista Ultimate (RTM) when Media Center is open by Wolftracks
When I open the Media Center, the mouse pointer disappears from sight. It acts like it is hidden behind the MCE menu screen, because when I move my mouse around, the menu buttons light up, but that is the only way I can tell where my mouse is. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 08 04:04 AM
by Milt[_2_] Go to last post

From The