Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
cannot enable a correctly working soundcard by ucasavi
In control panelhardware and soundmanage audio devices I pressed disable at the playback device properties, but then I did not press ok, I cancelled. The card disappeared from the playback device list. And there is no option to enable it again, even if you go to the device manager, where it is shown as working properly, and there is only one option - to disable it. I have also installed a...
December 12th 07 10:44 AM
by ucasavi Go to last post
1 81
One of my Common Folders is stuck in unwanted location by Steve Karsidi
I've 2 logical drives with D: meant for for data. C: was running out of space, so I moved all the Common Folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Links etc) onto D: drive (eg D:\Documents)...but accidentally for Downloads it was direct in D:\ root. So when I open my personal folder, for Downloads it is replaced with the D: drive icon (replaced the usual green/blue Downloads folder icon)...
December 12th 07 03:12 PM
by Steve Karsidi Go to last post
0 87
Windows Media Center Has Stopped Working by Rob
I am running Vista Ultimate. Fresh install with all the updates. I'v never been able to run Media Center. Everytime I try to load it, it instantly tells me "Media Center Has Stopped Working".. It checks for a solution and never comes up with one. Any ideas?
December 12th 07 03:14 PM
by Carol in GA Go to last post
5 109
windows photo gallery by tommika
When I click on the Magnification button the screen goes black, anyone know how to fix this. Thanks. Windows Vista Premium. -- tommika
December 12th 07 03:34 PM
by tommika Go to last post
0 75
Windows Photo Gallery by Charles
How can I make Windows Photo Gallery always open pictures in the same window? By default whenver I open a new picture it opens a new instance. I want it to use the existing window if one was open. Thanks in advance.
December 12th 07 04:59 PM
by Dave Go to last post
3 113
Pictures folder in Personal folder by Klemen
Hi, I have a problem which is a little bit odd, I somehow managed to delete Pictures folder in Personal folder (completly-trash bin was empty, and no, it is not transfered to another folder). Now the problem is than all shoutcuts are not working, and I can not get the old Pictures fodler back, I can do new fodler but it is not the same. Any ideas how to creat the original Personal Pictures...
December 12th 07 05:17 PM
by brink[_2289_] Go to last post
5 153
Coul not able to configure Yamaha Keyboard as Record Device by VC Rajesh
I am trying to connect my yamaha Keyboard(PSR 293) to my Laptop Sony VAIO VGN SZ 440. I could not able to select the Recording device in the Control Panel -Sounds-Recording Tab . I had tried right clik and checked the Show disconnected Device and disable device. Still it is not showing. I have the latest Driver from yamaha . Can any one suggest anything to make it work.
December 12th 07 05:41 PM
by VC Rajesh Go to last post
0 114
video codecs for vista by Mark Gowans
Can someone please suggest a good codec pack for vista that I can download. I am specifically looking for an xvid codec. The one I had for Windows xp does not appear to work with Vista.
December 12th 07 06:13 PM
by dmex[_6_] Go to last post
2 147
tagging photos in Windows Photo Gallery by jessk
When you tag photos in the Windows Photo Gallery, I see it saves the photo in the original dated file as well as in the tagged file. Is there a way to make sure there are not two copies of the photo as to save space? -- jessk
December 12th 07 06:19 PM
by jessk Go to last post
6 140
Choppy video streams. Audio is fine. WMP VISTA by bagster
I have a new laptop with Windows Vista Business. My problem is that I can't seem to stream wmp-media. The videoclips I try to watch, regardless what site, are just one frame per second..! It's like watching a stupid slideshow.. But the audio is just fine! All other media works. Playing DVDs, other videoformats etc.. Streaming WMP-media is the problem here.. I have formatted and...
December 12th 07 09:22 PM
by bagster Go to last post
0 123
Itunes has stopped working by seattlesha
I don't know why, just one day, it stopped working and that is all the message I get. I have installed and reinstalled a few times, but it still happens, has anyone else had this problem.
December 12th 07 09:57 PM
by seattlesha Go to last post
0 128
Making panorama pictures by packers1
Step by step how do I make panorama photos. Instructions talk of using Control to highlight photos and then use MAKE and CREATE PANORAMA PHOTO. Can not even find these two options to click. Help!!! Thanks -- packers1
December 12th 07 10:41 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 99
I'm having a strange problem with Windows Media Center by Andrew
Whenever I play a DVD, it seems to act very strange. If I minimize the program or leave it on pause for a few minutes, it locks up and it doesn't allow me to operate the CD/DVD drive unless I restart the computer. And just yesterday my computer actually crashed while I was watching a DVD and I spent an hour of my life going through an entire hard disk analysis, which didn't find any...
December 12th 07 10:45 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
0 99
hooking up my video camera by Barry de Bree
how can i download my vidoe from dvc to puter ?? the disk i got wont work ???? cheerssssss
December 13th 07 02:11 AM
by Barry de Bree Go to last post
0 131
dvc to puter by Barry de Bree
ok .... i have vista ... mmmmm not easy .... well i plug my dvc by usb to puter .. when i click on download .. error message .. is ,,, cannnot detect device ??? .so any whoooo i have all these pic;s and cant get them down on disk ... any advice would be gratefull .... ps.... i have contacted panasonic and they said vista should pick it up ???? the good goss is people ....... IT WONT...
December 13th 07 04:07 AM
by Barry de Bree Go to last post
0 119
AUSU P5K3 deluxe and SoundMax Blackhawk sound fixed. by David
A few weeks ago I posted some questions about problems in getting the BlackHawk SoundMax driver to work properly with this ASUS mother-board and Vista. There is a sound driver update at http://www.sonicfocus.com/support/index.htm which will update SoundMax BlackHawk to 1.0.0025. I now have my Logitech 5.1/6.1 system working properly at last. One thing to note: Even if you get all your...
December 13th 07 05:16 AM
by David Go to last post
2 154
Setting Photoshop as default image editor by ewroad
I have Adobe CS3 installed and would like Photoshop to be my default program for opening and editing digital images. However, no matter what I do, I cannot add Photoshop as my default program. How can I fix this?
December 13th 07 09:47 AM
by Anthop Go to last post
3 124
Can't get sound from headphones on vista basic by loran[_2_]
I try put a new headphones on my computer and there no sound coming from them. When i unplug them i do get sound from the speakers. Is there a volume scale that i mis or a check bot? Can you help me out with this? Thank you for your time, Loran
December 13th 07 02:51 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 101
Vista shows a Fuji F31 as a camera, but an Fuji S9600 as a removabledrive by Brian L Johnson
I used to have a Kodak which Vista recognised as a camera and offered to import pictures from. They went into WPG. I replaced that camera with a Fuji F31fd and that too was recognised as a camera and the photos imported into WPG. No problem. I added a Fuji S9600 and, strangely, Windows recognises that as a removable drive. No problem though because Windows still offers to import the...
December 13th 07 05:11 PM
by Brian L Johnson Go to last post
0 112
Image Preview Problems in Windows Explorer by DrDave
When I view a folder, most files show up as a thumbnail image EXCEPT *.wmf images. It is very difficult to look at a listing of files with archane names as part of a 1 million graphic image cd package. The *.wmf images were protrayed beautifully in Windows XP. Why would all other "supported" file types be protrayed as thumbnails but .wmf show up as an "icon"?
December 13th 07 05:22 PM
by Graham Go to last post

From The